Report by Task Force on pseudo-consultation came out before Christmass!

Salutations,

Here it is at last, just in time to fuel debates on Christmass:

Health Canada - The Final Report of the Task Force on Cannabis Legalization and Regulation
1M95, 112 pages

Santé Canada - Le rapport final du Groupe de travail sur la légalisation et la réglementation du cannabis
2M11, 129 pages

Yet leaving too little time for serious objective critic to arise in good time to support those trivial discussions…

:sleeping_accommodation:

Now here’s my first 2 preliminary observations.

Item #1):

Cannabis versus marijuana

« The word “marijuana” is a common term used most often in reference to the dried flowers and leaves of the cannabis plant. It is a slang term that is not scientifically precise. We believe it is more appropriate to use the term cannabis when engaging in a serious discussion of the goals and features of a new regulatory system for legal access. »

M’well, half-truth alert here: it’s not only “slang”, it’s actually a vilifying communications (propaganda) tool.

Finally “cannabis” shall sound less biased when eventually adopted, on some superficial/esthetical level essentially, euh… I mean, lets face it, 4 plants 1 meter tall still doesn’t sound anywhere close to simple respect, etc., etc… That’s just one more bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionist bite IMHO.

Item #2):

Notice the obvious reversal of representativity when it comes to Québec, then refer to the report and find out how the language barrier scored… No wonder i couldn’t find the “racist” word anywhere, it was to be expected after all: this so-called “consultation” was performed using the usual “transparent” style à la Trudeau.

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

1 Like

And now this:

[ https://openparliament.ca/bills/42-1/C-37/ ]
Bill C-37 - An Act to amend the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and to make related amendments to other Acts (2016-Dec-12)

« (b) prohibit the importation of designated devices — unless the importation is registered with the Minister of Health — as well as prescribed activities in relation to designated devices; »​

Any more questions what’s next to be expected?..

:coffin:

The actual report is a very comprehensive one, whether adopted in whole or part or not at all is unknown. As for the report, IMO it is the most progressive and realistic one of its kind that I have ever read. Anything is better than the denial based system surrounding recreational use that we currently bear. The new laws (if any) can’t be everything to everyone but when have rec users paid attention to laws? I voted for selfie-boy on this and this alone. Politicians suck, but at least we’re getting somewhere with cannabis,pot,dope,weed…whatever we call it. Can’t wait for 4/20/2017, my guess is, that’s when they’ll roll it out. LOL

1 Like

Salutations CannaSaurusRex,

Not often enough, obviously:

[ http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/c-38.8/PITIndex.html ]
Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (S.C. 1996, c. 19)

Full Documents available for previous versions

From 2016-11-30 to 2016-12-08
    From 2016-11-28 to 2016-11-29
    From 2016-10-31 to 2016-11-27
    From 2016-02-09 to 2016-10-30
    From 2016-02-05 to 2016-02-08
    From 2016-01-13 to 2016-02-04

This year alone the CDSA has been modified 6 times with no appropriate mediatic coverage from contemplative journalists who must be the real “stoners”/droÿés" for dropping that large ball, i gathered!.. Addicted to their own self-serving/mind-bending Hollywood kind of stuff, like so many more i’m sure. Meanwhile the spotlights focussed public attention elsewhere, i mean who else didn’t follow when Trudeau sent Hilary Geller (a former bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionist of the Harper regime!) to organize UNGASS 2016, for example?!.. Why the secrecy around such changes to the CDSA, which by the way still has to be searched for evasive Troy Horses, eventually?? What’s the succession of delays really for, etc.?..

Where was the “community” when MiniMoi made Bill G20 Blair parliamentary secretary of the justice minister, then leader of his so-called federal-provincial “Task Force” (…)?? Or when Gaétan Dinelle and Michael Woods were EXTRADITED to serve LIFE SENTENCES over a non-violent “crime” involving no weapons nor even substances other than cannabis to support some “gateway” theory (!): after all it appears they only did what Canada Post is already expected to do, essentially! Euh…

Where was everyone else looking when things went so utterly wrong an un-armed (dark skin…) French-speaking (possibly immigrant?..) man got actually KILLED by SPVM-GTi POLICE (in Montréal/Qc) for 235 g of cannabis that was not even gathered from a single pocket… M’well, his name was Jean-Pierre Bony and he was entitled to fair trial in a court of justice just like anybody else for all i can tell (ref.: “La C.R.A.P.”).

Etc., etc… In short the alignment of low-profile politically corrosive actions which accumulated in parallel with that of readily-forgiven pro-Liberal exceptions should have called for serious criticism quite a long time ago. Because i don’t feel like assuming the shame for failing our Canuck children on planet Itnoc and that’s why i’ll vote against both the conservatives and the liberals next time i get another opportunity (both Harper and Trudeau once voted for mandatory prison sentences for growing a few plants). Yet it still doesn’t make it better to fall-back to “democracy” as an excuse, simply to concede that’s supposed to prove coherent with the will of all Canadians somehow, because it’s quite clear to me that it’s not .

Seasons Greetings to you Egzoset, I’m impressed. You have definitely done your homework. I myself, have almost no faith in those that govern our great country, and most of our sheeple (me, included) rely on persons like you to give us another side of the story. I am listening ,as many of us do, but when it comes to effectively changing peoples opinion, or, to put another way, enlightening peoples minds, it is hard for anyone to make that ‘leap of faith’ in realizing our masters do not have the citizens best interest in mind (to say the least). This is a ‘leap’ that all gov’t officials and most gov’t employees (especially law enforcement) made a long time ago, motivated by power and greed. I myself am, a happily wed high school educated father of 3 adult kids, whom I trust will carry your (and a bit my) torch of surveillance upon our overlords, into the future. I don’t know you, or what you do for work, but you are the type of investigative personality that Canadians need. I do not believe in radical activism, only in the renaissance of individual thinking, but I hope you continue to remain active within the scope of societal decency and work within your power (and the law) to bring about REAL change. Don’t get frustrated, as I often do, but make sure that when you speak out, try to make sure that your audience is listening. I am tuned in to your wavelength here, but I sometimes (most times lol) alienate those I am trying to inform by criticizing some of the associations that they are members of. Politics, the law, and medicine are all a matter of faith and shattering ones faith without replacing their leaders leave sheep alienated and wandering. That is more unsettling than grazing with the flock, and some have too much to lose. So much for my couch philosophy Egzoset. Keep up the good fight sir and I would like to extend my sincere wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy and successful New Year. My biggest dream my friend IS PEACE, and we all know we may have to fight for it. Cheers.

1 Like

Hi again CannaSaurusRex,

Actually my own version would sound much the same except Trudeau’s Liberals are the ones to blame in priority, because the present widespread confusion is a direct result of their political strategy, which was to “please” former Harper supporters (even if those are plain bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists!) while still pretending to be on the side of rationality and science, whatever, etc… Assisted by compatible traditional media!

:skull_crossbones:

Of all of the symbolic hints which were eventually broadcasted « ad mari usque ad mare » i believe this relatively low-profile episode defined a most determining point on planet Itnoc, nonetheless. Of course this special event had to occur in Toronto somehow… Now please notice the guy’s almost robotic body language as he’s about to speak of “recreational users” exactly!

Just like his other look-alike reactions at TLMEP/SRC (2014-Feb-23, 2014-Oct-19, 2015-Oct-11) IMO.

:pensive:

Ah, the “elite”, m’yeah… To me anyone who makes a dime out of our unjust (read “socio-toxic”) laws needs to be challenged/confronted publicly (and made accountable, ideally!), but then what can citizens hope to accomplish after it has become clear even doctors and journalists failed them??

Which by the way is quite a valid subject in the Québec province these days, especially after an individual like Kevin Sabet took over the stage at a so-called “experts” gathering that occured in Montréal last October, as i recall:

Pff!! “$mart” indeed: he was seen on local TV news selling his book to a “scientific” assembly!! Euh…

Oh, and we could also capture this memorable picture of Nora Volkov in her favourite state of mind, aHummm…

Admire “scientific objectivity” in action… :middle_finger:

M’well, i guess we all get the overall picture just fine, but there’s more:

Didier the crusader Jutras-Aswad who was seen on Découverte/SRC a couple years ago,

http://oi59.tinypic.com/oswux2.jpg
SRC: Quels sont les effets du cannabis sur le cerveau des adolescents? (2014-Nov-10)

L’adolescence c’est vraiment un moment critique sur le plan d’la maturation cérébrale, un moment où vraiment, je dirais, tout c’qui est le raffinement des… des… de la communication avec les différentes zones du cerveau, euh… va finalement se développer, va finalement vraiment se raffiner et, euh… c’est, évidemment, une période où lorsqu’on vient altérer le… le développement normal du cerveau, ce raffinement normal du cerveau, i’ peut y avoir des conséquences à plus long terme.

Briefly put he used this rare level of national exposure to comment that cannabis interferes with brain development, that’s it; on another hand he wasn’t excessively verbose on the fact it was Pfizer who financed his study on 120 studies…

[ http://www.chumontreal.qc.ca/le-dr-didier-jutras-aswad-gagnant-du-programme-d-excellence-en-recherche-en-psychiatrie ]
CHUM: Le Dr Didier Jutras-Aswad gagnant du Programme d’excellence en recherche en psychiatrie (2014-Mai-9)

Le Dr Didier Jutras-Aswad, psychiatre à l’unité des toxicomanies du CHUM et chercheur au CRCHUM, a reçu une subvention de près de 100 000 $ à titre de gagnant du Programme d’excellence en recherche en psychiatrie de Pfizer 2013.

My translation:

Dr. Didier Jutras-Aswad winner of excellence program in psychiatric research

The doctor Didier Jutras-Aswad, psychiatrist at CHUM’s toxicomaniac unit and researcher at CRCHUM has received approximately 100000 $ in subsides as winner of an excellence program in psychiatric research by Pfizer in 2013.

Does such work even qualify as objective public-funded research anyway?

Yet Canada chose that “high-profile” individual to take charge of the CBD project, apparently:

[ https://ceo.ca/@nasdaq/insys-therapeutics-announces-first-patient-enrolled-in-phase-ii-trial-for-the-treatment-of-cocaine-dependence-using-pharmaceutical-cannabidiol ]
Insys Therapeutics Announces First Patient Enrolled in Phase II Trial for the Treatment of Cocaine Dependence Using Pharmaceutical Cannabidiol (2016-Aug-18)

We can safely bet this won’t promote easier CBD access for those who require it most… Ka-Ching! Ka-Ching!

:money_mouth:

We concur again, everyone needs to make their own contribution in their own ways since we’re stronger as a collectivity, but there’s a time for activism on multiple levels and another that must be dealt with in our courts of justice, for example:

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/prince-of-pot-remains-defiant-after-his-arrest-in-montreal

John Meagher, Montreal Gazette: ‘Prince of Pot’ remains defiant after his arrest in Montreal (2016-Dec-19)

Marc Emery, the so-called Prince of Pot, remains defiant…

He is scheduled to appear in court in Montreal on Feb. 15.

Although it has been reported he was slapped with three charges — drug trafficking, possession for trafficking, and conspiracy — Emery said he was only charged with two offences.

Although both Emery and his wife, Jodie Emery, were arrested in Montreal, Marc Emery said he enjoyed his brief experience in the city.

“I had a great time,” he said. “I shook hands and met hundreds of people. I was so impressed. I don’t know if there is anywhere else in the world I’d get hundreds of people lining up for hours at a time, with freezing temperatures outside, just so they could participate in the experience.”

M’yeah, it was some ride witnessing the outcome in slow-motion i’ll admit. But the thing is i just wanted to educate myself on vaporization then i learned more about history and politics, out of a need to understand what in hell justified permanent prejudice by trauma inflicted at a young age (e.g. socio-toxic predators vs minor victims), failure to correct the consumption method trying to impose total abstaining (via decades of sustained vilification), etc., etc. The sense of alienation does hurt indeed but it’s more related to that later item:

[ https://plus.google.com/collection/AsJSIB ]
Google+: Egzoset, Vapo

Oh but my quest is nearly over, on the contrary. A couple years ago i wasn’t sure if it was time to cut the strings, then in retrospective i realize the extra tweakings proved useful after all. But after spending close to 2000 $ in material i must now face significant changes in real life, satisfied that i found my answers and there’s no telling what’s next.

Thank you, reciprocally! I equally wish health & prosperity for all Canuck “stoners”/“droÿés” on planet Itnoc!.. Plus some respect/fairness (as suggested by Dana Larsen on October 2, 2015…), should Santa ever manage to find enough space to spare in his red bag!

:relieved:

Looking forward to interacting more with you in 2017! Cheers!

Health & serenity in 2017!! :snowman2:

In the meantime here’s more of what i could have mentioned, if that had been known earlier (…), that is:

[ http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/canadians-not-told-about-banned-pesticide-found-in-medical-marijuana-supply/article33443887/ ]
Globe & Mail: Canadians not told about banned pesticide found in medical pot supply (2016-Dec-29)

« Myclobutanil… …found in product recently recalled by Mettrum Ltd… »
« …known to emit hydrogen cyanide when heated. »
« …pyrethrin was used by mistake… »
« …neither Health Canada nor Mettrum announced the findings to the public. »
« …dispensaries in Vancouver had sold products containing dodemorp… »

Great! Now we can begin to guess where “organized crime” has been hiding since Trudeau got installed in Ottawa (the same as when Harper was there, essentially!)… M’well, lets just add bars to parliament so it’s turned into a prison and then we’ll be done with it!.. Euh…

I’d like to know which pesticides are approved for use on medical cannabis, I know most of it is sterilized by gamma ray treatment, which itself makes me wanna steer clear, but what is acceptable? As far as I have learned pyethrin (not pyethrum and without propenol butoxide) is about the most natural and non toxic of anything available to handle real bug problems. It is the last resort after soap and other natural concoctions, but I was under the impression that it was a more or less safe product?? We never seem to know the rules before we break them, like being married LOL.

I recall reading there are 5 approved pesticides not too long ago, but the point to make seems to be of a different nature: it was supposed to be space-age cannabis so what was Mettrum Ltd. doing with any BANNED pesticide present on site for starters??! In addition, don’t we agree that having done so should void their LP permit - and since Health Canada is also to blame, m’well… Shouldn’t both their permits be cancelled?!! Euh… Quite honestly i got to wonder when some heads will fall in a mediatic sacrifice.

yeah I hear ya. Zero tolerance becomes less than a slap on the wrist, with an “uh we just don’t know how this oversight occured” . Political/lawyer nonsense proves money buys the law once again. The revenue stream the gov.t gets from Mettrum, and others, are becoming too dependable for the gov’t to punish the contributor. Of course the laws around the purity of the supply chain will only be applied to the little guy who has no bankroll or friends to defend them from the uneven application of the ‘rules’. That principal is old, set in stone, and hardly applies only to med pot. The unrepentant rich have their way, while us citizens get “latimered”. As stated in ‘Julius Caeser’ There is no justice, just power and how you use it. I hardly expect that to change…ever. All I’m looking for with this legislation is allowing personal home growing and public recreational use so as to remove most of law enforcements assumption of illegal activity, which nullifies the need for a warrant for search and seizure. Just a little more privacy for pot smokers and personal growers and less arresting of users, especially young people.

I’ll just stick to potassium salt spray from now on. And to find a supplier with predatory mites…Gets a bit tough when growing all natural recycled soil indoors. Suppose hydroponics in a sterile environment is being pushed once again, I’d rather smoke bug shit and eggs than sythetically fertilized weed any day. But thats just me…

Congratulations!

In 2017, Canada will become the first G7 nation to fully legalize marijuana use. The stock prices of cannabis companies reveal investors are anticipating millions of users and a multi-billion market. In terms of how it’s regulated, will Canada get it right? Earlier this month, a federal task force made 80 recommendations to the government, among them, setting the age limit to 18. Bloomberg TV Canada’s Amanda Lang speaks to W.A. Bogart, professor of Law at the University of Windsor and author of “Off The Street: Legalizing Drugs,” and Bruce Linton, CEO of Canopy Growth, Canada’s first marijuana “unicorn” after reaching a billion-dollar valuation. (Source: Bloomberg)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oP-5E0vkHE

Well good ole Bill Blair just gave away a bit of info, which does indeed confirm your suspicions of BS fuckery. If JT botches this one, he’s gonna be gone before his time…The plot thickens

They actually used the phrase “compete with organized crime” how 'bout ‘eliminate’? Bunch of douchebags.

Some hint from out there:

Google Search: “Hydrogen Cyanide” Pesticide Cannabis Food Canada

Ah, i see… Here’s the catch i guess. Since bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists in place within this government persistently associate “mari-caca” to smoking (for propaganda purposes, evidently) some genius wearing much too large a hat (and quite likely still a well-paid so-called “expert”) decided it wouldn’t matter to even have cyanide-tainted pesticide(s) added considering this villifies the “dangerous” herb further (by an order of magnitude!) - In The Name Of Children - the Liberal way since 1923… So now please don’t smoke it, that’s all, euh… Too bad it’s not marked “Do not smoke - may contain cyanide poison” when sold “legally”, by mail!!

:fearful:

Anyone searching for criminals? Look here for a good hint:

G&M: Medical marijuana firms discussed using banned pesticides (2017-Mar-7)

« …some industry members supported using prohibited chemicals such as myclobutanil – a pesticide that produces hydrogen cyanide when combusted… »

When it’s about such important matters i must regret that Canadian voters can’t realistically depend on mainstream press to get the real news in good time, much less internationally because those journals rely on ours…

I suppose reporting plain facts would threaten decades of reefer madness besides our sense of coherence.

:warning:

M’yeah, the dots continue to align coherently when seen from an appropriate perspective. For example, maybe i’ve refered to that before but wasn’t the following information available to MiniHarper’s “experts” when they gathered in Montreal last fall, only a few months after the citizens of Switzerland were legally permitted to buy and consume BioCan AG’s CPure and Fedora low-THC / High-CBD products (0.04 % THC / 7.2 % CBD)? One has got to wonder honestly, why not Canadians too if this really is a new “sunny” age instead of another Victorian-age witch hunt??..

I’m thinking. Joy Davies before elections day, Hilary Geller after on 4-20… Face it, this was no more improvisation than the rest which followed. As i pointed out, the dots do align i’m afraid. For them WE, the cannabis consumers, ARE the “danger” they wish to fight and hence little concerns will be given to “stoners”/“droÿés” nor their own specific needs…

For all i know until recently it appeared Trudeau likes to insist like a drone over repeating that the law isn’t ready to change “just yet” (…), while he multiplies his efforts to avoid mentioning the CDSA!

Somewhat a reminder of Jean Chrétien, euh…

Now with hydrogen cyanide for smokers (& vaporists!!) in the big picture it sort of sends a very peculiar “message” i shall say: we’re here to villify it 1st, then “legaleeze” and cash in…

M’well, that mari-caca shit ain’t the result of fairness and objectivity, to say the least!

:sleeping:

After all lets put it simple: considering “marijuana” containing 0.3 % THC is illegal in America while we’d practically refer to hemp if lower then what’s the delay for when dealing with CBD alternatives with no THC exactly? Not to mention the price-tag sky-rocketed at a stratospheric altitude of 129 $ CAD for 60 ml of CBD oil last time i cared to check… In comparison canola oil is one thousand times less expensive and yet everyone along the whole chain gets paid plus we can bet they all sent a cut to Ottawa as well…

Imagine how long a gallon of cannabic oil would last in a health-wise harm-reducing vaporizer! What an improvement that would be for medical/medicinal users!! … But no, those $elf-$erving Liberals still pretend to “save” the ellusive children of planet Itnoc and our Canuck press is obviously happy with it.

As a matter of fact, sometimes i get the impression it’s journalists driven by bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists who run the show in behalf of Justin… The propaganda is everywhere and too few pro-cannabic elements dare to object.

For example, this was seen on national French-Speaking TV last fall:

Tou.TV: Marina Orsini - Saison 02 Épisode 26

« …faut savoir que par rapport à '72 t’avais en général 1 % d’THC. Maintenant t’as toujours plus que 8 et y’a eu des saisies à 36 % d’THC. … On va parler de l’autre effet qui est l’effet placébo… …J’chus g’lé pis j’m’en sac’e… … …c’est moins addictif que l’alcool mais par contre y’a plus de goudron… »​

English version:

« 1 % THC in 1972 generally… always above 8 % today and up to 36 % on occasions… … etc… » Of couse her alarmist statement was broadcasted without any challenge, not even the young journalist who was facing her.

To me it’s as if “legalizing” and “TrudeauMania” were 2 sides of a same thing! Euh… Admire our “elite” at work, what more can i add?!

Personally i stopped having any hopes for progress. CBC, SRC, TVA, TQc, whatever… They’d sound foolish if they were to admit their long legacy of past representation abuses… These days when there’s related content on TV i just zap or turn it off, because it hurts too much watching those bigot trolls celebrating their crusade victory “in your face”, so to speak.

Briefly put life’s too short when TV offers me to endure an interview with talking apes as Bill G20 Blair anyway.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/lawsuit-filed-against-canopy-growth/ar-AAolFw4?li=AAgh0dA Just a little more on the developments

Hi again CannaSaurusRex,

What? A simple “class-action lawsuit” over some “breach of contract”? That’s it! And the offenders will defend themselves vigorously using money that caused the prejudice, because of lousy ethics (and equally toxic politics) to say the least…

:skull_crossbones:

…medical marijuana that contained unauthorized pesticides…

A quick search made it clear enough, at least to me:

https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/hydrogen_cyanide#section=Top

Hydrogen cyanide (HCN); A toxic liquid or colorless gas.

Hydrogen cyanide is found in the smoke of various tobacco products and released by combustion of nitrogen-containing organic materials.

So, since most users still combust their “mari-caca” the mercantile conspirators figured this would MASK such a bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionist (toxic) contribution anyway - no questions asked from health Canada…

No joking: cyanide additives for medical (sick) patients!.. Wow, talk about space-age innovation for a sunny transparent Canada!!

:rage:

Others would face criminal charges for an attempt of mass-poisoning (which targeted the most vulnerable cannabis consumers imaginable)… Lately on planet Itnoc we’ve got to wonder how the parents of minor epileptics have to manage in light of such revolting news. This is most despicable i believe!

Those who thought it was OKay to poison people just because they’re smoking anyway should really have a taste of our Canuck federal prisons IMO. M’well, i bet that’s what sort of treatment i’d get if i tried something similar, if at all possible… Which reminds me, how is it going on for Chuck Rifici, co-founded of Tweed Marijuana Inc. after being treasurer of the Liberal Party of Canada?

Honestly, what do we do when our public iinstitutions themselves continuously fail on plain TV? Almost as if nobody could ever notice anything?.. Lets make it short simply calling it TrudeauMania.

1 Like