CannaRoot Tea and Coffee Brew 🍵

Thanks for putting this “How to…” for those of us that are interested, together, mucho appreciated and bookmarked for future use. :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you @KanehB :pray::hugs:

I love trying new and different things. I’ve been fascinated with traditional chinese medicine ever since I saw the movie Hard to Kill when I was a kid and Steven Segal did the acupuncture scene. It’s probably the most iconic display of moxibustion I’ve seen.

The modern technique would be electroacupuncture, which I’ve had, but I always wanted to try it this way.

6 Likes

dude i did electroacupuncture as part of a quitting smoking thing, pretty interesting stuff. hooked them to my ears. actually did quit smoking that time and it stuck.

5 Likes

Looks like interesting and amazing stuff!

I’m just so tired of having Pharma poison running through my veins in the name of “Pain mgmt”…when logic dictates that it HAS to be doing damage to internal organs/systems etc. :woman_facepalming:t3:

I’m willing to look into and try anything that won’t be perpetuating that cycle. :grin:

3 Likes

I dunno, I’m a pretty heavy smoker bro. Been smoking since 9 years old. Might have to kick the volts up a couple notches if I try it.
ezgif.com-gif-maker

6 Likes

A good friend of mine hooked me up with a Moka pot the other day :grinning:

11 Likes

You run the cannaroot tea through that? I’ve got the same coffee perc and I fully intend to make your wizard elixir @Oldtimerunderground

4 Likes

I blend it with coffee grounds, works great :grin: I used to put it in my espresso maker, but it broke :disappointed_relieved: lol.

1 Like

He’s dead right?

2 Likes

@Cbizzle no I’m pretty sure he survived, lol. In the full gif that I’ve seen it looks like he landed on a mattress :joy:

2 Likes

Just got done making roughly 900 Cannacaps

Took me 3 days

17 Likes

What about the stems? Ever make tea out of stems?

2 Likes

Yes I’ve made tea with the stems before. Now I mostly just throw them in my kids hamster cage and he chews em up real good, so when I toss his bedding in the compost the stems are already broken down well.

7 Likes

I’ve got to post this quick before my wife discovers what I’ve done to her coffee grinder, so let’s get down to business.

As it turns out if you want to make root tea like OTUG, you first have to grow monster roots like OTUG. All the same my amateur hour attempt has yielded enough root powder for probably a dozen cups of tea.

I started with the rootballs from my most recent sacrifices, which I put in the oven at 350°F for an hour. It was really probably closer to 45 minutes because at that point I decided to make some tacquitos and noticed the roots were plenty dry and lightly roasted.

The smell of the roasted roots is surprisingly familiar, like the smell of shop class but a little more earthen.

On to the brew, I put some root powder into a tea ball and filled the cup. Some of the powder is very fine so the tea ball seemed like a formality at best. This might be a better job for a teabag. Fortunately the particulate settled rapidly so it was not a big concern.

The taste of the brew is… Woody? It’s very flavourful. Truth time, the flavour and aroma are more akin to coffee than tea. Personally I’m a bigger fan of hot leaf water, never drank a full cup of coffee in my life.

The brew holds up nicely on it’s own, but it is even better mixed in with some chai.

9 Likes

Beautiful :heart_eyes: I just had a cup myself :drooling_face: I love it

4 Likes

Made some turmeric milk

I put in some of the powdered roots and cannabutter too :drooling_face:

11 Likes

Love me some CannaJuice :drooling_face:

Anyone else juice the leaf? It’s great stuff.

11 Likes

If I’m making a smoothie I always throw a handful of leaves in, straight weed is a little green tasting for me.

3 Likes

That pic I posted was the juice of 1 apple, 1 lemon (skin and pulp removed) and 2 handfuls of fresh leaf, rinsed and soaked in cold water. It tasted phenomenal.

3 Likes

@Qtip, @Oldtimerunderground- do you have any specific means by which you store and retain leaves for juice or smoothie purposes?

I’m about to perform some spur of the moment defoliation before I make myself some breakfast.

2 Likes