Carbon filter replacements?

Haha to funny might have a new buddy !!

I thought my neighbor across the street was growing since I saw a purple colored light in the window for a while, but then the color changed. Then one night I realized it was a neon sign looking thing that they had hung :sweat_smile:

1 Like

He could have a reef tank with actinic lights! They make that purple glow. I know, because years ago when I was married, my basement had that glow. Nosey neighbors called the cops thinking I was growing (I wasn’t). Invited the cops in, they were amazed at all the fish tanks, corals, inverts, etc. Saw the neighbors a few days later, they wouldn’t make eye contact. I knew who called. Ya know how bright a MH light is when its “accidentally” tilted to point out the window? Yeah, sorry, not sorry! (It lit up the side of their house, including their two bedroom windows).

3 Likes

A bag of poly fill is loose stuffing material, poly batting a sheet. PB sheet is very cheap, and makes for a nice cover.
Carbon only gets dirty. I removed a few screws from mine so I could get an air nozzle down into the center of my CAN filter.
It gushed dirt out of it for 20 minutes, then it slowed and I simply wrapped in it poly batting, and cinched some big ass zip ties, looks like the OG.
It ran 10+ years, 24/7/365 before I cleaned it, and took the Vortex apart and cleaned all the internals, and put it back in service. It’ll run another 10 ten years .Super cheap insurance, for those of us still in an iron curtain state.

5 Likes

1 Like

we run this in our lung rooms. 150 bucks and kills smells.

Filtrete - Premium F2 True HEPA Filter is top intake filter, cheap filters in between, fish tank filter carbon.

1 Like

So is this a print for a homemade carbon filter using two fans

1 Like

Yes in the simplest of fashion. I make it with dow foam board now a days

1 Like

Got busted at 17 in early 2000s when my parents found a shopping list for a diy carbon filter, googled it and figured out what it was for. Might have came from this site…

Definitely remember pantyhose being on that list and feeling really weird buying them at 17.

2 Likes

I use drainage filters with weed blocking fabric on my intake holes and when there is no need for filters in my seedling tent I simply connect a Duct filter with the same fabric on the intake duct. The fabric can also be used in your Vegetable gardens, Flower Beds and I also use them on the inside of my plastic pots to prevent soil from coming out of the drainage holes. It’s also great at preventing fungus gnats from entering your air pots through the drainage holes and to keep the water from rushing out of the upper holes when watering your plants using the air pots. IMG_3176 IMG_3177 IMG_3178

5 Likes

Awesome idea thanks for the input !

3 Likes