Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 1)

My meds donā€™t allow that lol I do good to stumble and hug walls to make it to the bathroom haha

2 Likes

Blessingsā€¦

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

5 Likes

Hey all. Just a reminder to Veterans and Current Miltary.
There a Veteranā€™ s Giveaway Signup Thread.
We have had several fine folks here donating beans to be given away to our Veterans as a small Thank You for your Service.
If you are current or past Veteran, be sure to go get in on the giveaway.
There are some really nice genetics up for grabs.
Ok, back to work.

11 Likes

Where do I sign up? U.S. Navy 1970 - 1972

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

3 Likes

I just tagged you on the Veterans Giveaway thread

2 Likes
2 Likes

Eastern, Central, Mountainā€¦ 10-12 in what zone? Iā€™m going to beat my head against a wall if I miss this! LOL
You would not want that to happen brother. Iā€™ve only got two or three brain cells that havenā€™t given up yet. Every day, or so, they might bump into one another and a thought is created. Iā€™d miss that if the last ones up and quit on me.
:thinking:

4 Likes

So we got a giveaway for veterans, multiple BOG runs and people seem happy. Tell me this isnt the OG we all want to be a part of. Have an amazing day everyone. Go hug a loved one and remember how lucky we all are. A good part of that is due to our veterans, letā€™s tag them all and get them to the veterans thread to sign up.

9 Likes

Yes I agree things are all good! They had music and balloons and dancing at the marina yesterday and a lot of campfires and a big one. I was telling some folks about how participating in OG has become a positive part of my days and then about the Vets giveaway, they are both fellow vets and thought it was just fantastic and told me to make sure to get and grow and share, ha ha was already spreading the love. Today just took quiet cruise on the lake and threw big plugs for Pike, no takers, its early yet, by end of month fishing gets hotter

1 Like

I canā€™t wait for fall to fully kick in, Iā€™m a salmon/trout guy myself. Fly/float fish basically my whole life. Iā€™m just itching for the river runs to REALLY begin

1 Like

Pulaski ny ! Fish on !!

2 Likes

Haha the craziness ensues!

1 Like

Eastern Time Zone (MAINE). Youā€™ll see a DAILY COUNTDOWN about a week out, MAYBE a ā€œlil storyā€ here 'n there. SS/BWā€¦mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Oh yes I am as well, I love the spey and switch rod but two winters ago I fell on the ice and sustained a cervical neck/disc injury so things changed and got into the boat, I use a 8/9 weight for Pike. We have a new boat being delivered sometime late fall, COVID delays a 24 ft Ranger Tritoon with a 200 HP Mercury. It has been an adjustment getting into this fishing but I found a way, I do miss my fly rods but will continue to use them out there and on new boat have fishing chairs and a platform to cast from. There are rainbows and browns in the lake where we keep it and it is a huge body of water so I can get lost out there, Its kinda funny I did casting for recovery with disabled vets and now I need help to get in and out of the boat. I keep going forward!

2 Likes

Iā€™m not even gonna go up for a few weeks each year it gets worse and worse with people and garbage and itā€™s a damn shame
Russians ,Bosnians .polish ā€¦
And a new addition I noticed last Korean man idc who fishes the river I really donā€™t but respect the river

1 Like

I like the stories. :joy:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that my friend, truly am. At least you are still doing what you love, Iā€™m jealous that boat is an absolute BEAUTY! wow.

That stuff really REALLY pisses me off, the ones who come to OUR WATERWAYS and completely disrespect them. The state they are often left in is so disheartening. We do cleanups several times a year where I live, when my boys were young after weā€™d fish I would make them walk around with me and each fill up a grocery bag and carry them up and out until we reach a garbage can. Nothing worse than seeing a loon with fishing line tangled around its neck swimming in circles freaking out cuz itā€™s snagged to the bottom (of course we saved that poor thing and it knew it as it basically just gave in and let me help it , didnā€™t even freak out, bite us) we proceeded too pull up about 150 yards of line off the bottom attached to a big old smelled hook. Grrrr

2 Likes

Holy damn guys and gals. Go away for 9 days and your mailbox blows up.

Thanks to @DougDawson, the only troll I want in my life.

@Bobgrows really too much for what I sent ya. I hope the cream cheese works for some of your needs

@lunchpale dont know how I think I keep getting the better end of these exchanges, I swear it isnt on purpose

@Worcestershire_Farms nice movie. Best part is the free trial to Blockbuster total access dvd mailing service. I gotta get in on that. Why has no one done that yet?

@Pawsfodocaws The UFO has landed. :alien: and extra surprise seeds to boot

@GlassJoeGrows seeds in. Will get the lemongrass in the mail tomorrow or tuesday since post office closed til tuesday. Extra seed AND a free sticker of the strain enclosed. The service here at OG, I tell ya. Gotta yelp this shit.

@corey Is it bad to want to cross the monster ghost with Lizard King OG just to call it Kaiju or Goshzilla, Ghostzilla? Yeah, Ghostzilla. All about the puns baby. Whats that? We can SMOKE IT TOO??? Why did no one say something sooner?

@Sebring the man, the myth, the example we all strive for. Hoodie crew 4 life.

If I missed anyone that recognizes their seeds or package, I think I got you all, PM me please!!! Ill be looking up any trade feedback threads for those I traded with who have them. Or if you dont, now is a good time to make one! Damn that was a lot of work. #1stworldproblems

14 Likes

Awesome Iā€™m glad they arrived! Thanks for letting me know, may you grow trees and reep a copious harvest.

1 Like