Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 1)

Exactly! That is a beautiful art form as well! Good point! I mean, if they call folding paper into SWANS art, then creating beauties like you guys do has to be classified as a higher art form!

I knew a feller in Florida who, when out at a restraunt, would sit there with a $5 bill and Origami it into some type of animal. If the waitress was good he would leave this paper animal for the waitress. Thought it was very cool.

2 Likes

That is a cool thing Mike. Iā€™m sure it would give that person a story to retell for a long time.
:grin:

1 Like

Hey @MoBilly 3 kinda of seeds and a pack of pollen into the mail for you brother.

2 Likes

Dang brother! Iā€™ve never experienced ā€œgiddyā€ before but I just did a little bit. And I liked it!!

2 Likes

Hi Mike did you use the chrome yellow and molly orange paint colours with the Tangerine Kandy, Apple Red Kandy and Pagan Gold Kandy colours. I looked at your pics on the PC this morning and the colours are much deeper than looking on my phone.

You said you were going to try and find some pics of your stuff to post, some of us here are posting their stuff in this thread. It would be nice to see some of yours.

2 Likes

This is my favourite one. Iā€™ll be impressed if anyone can identify it with available data.

Hint: itā€™s his expressionist phase

5 Likes

Expressionist - Data

Lol

1 Like

Got a Picasso look to it but I dont think its him.

1 Like

Yes, all of those. I donā€™t mess with it any more. But to get that real fire effect I used black base coat. Then use white to start laying out the flames using a home made template and some free hand. Then use candy apple red for the first pass over the white flames. Then back to white to overlay more flames. Then back to apple red. Remember, the more layers of candy you put on the darker it get. Almost to black. So the first set of flames will now have two coats of candy and will appear deeper into the paint. At this point, I started using candy orange. Same process, but only one layer, then canā€™t yellow. For highlights. Then go back with black again to repair anything you donā€™t like. Clear coat, wet sand to 600 grit, clear coat, wet sand to 1000 grit, clear coat wet sand to 1500 or 2000 grit. Then buff to shine.

1 Like

Itā€™s much easier to see if your phone is an ā€œandroid.ā€

1 Like

My favourite bit of the job, NOT :joy:

I found some 3000 and 5000 grit to go after the 2000. I could have probably used toilet paper instead of the 5000 it was just as scratchy :rofl:

OK I did similar, but used the molly orange paint first instead of the white, then hit that with the candy apple red. That was after getting despondent with the createx candys as they were really wishy washy.

Yes it is :frowning:

I like the urethanes but they are not very environmentally friendly and itā€™s really important to not breathe that shite. But they do produce beautiful paint jobs, once you know how to use them and the reducers.

Cool stuff. Thatā€™s what I like reading about. You can tell all you want on my page. We all grow. Some more than others. Man I love that stuff.

Cool stuff? I glad to see car people.

I only used urethanes for fire, I hated being stuck out in my workshop paint booth with a mask on. Acrylics I can use in the comfort of my art room/man cave in the house, without killing all the pets and the family lol.

1 Like

This is a truck I painted :smirk: :thinking:

Just talking airbrushing in general for real fire paint jobs. Cars, Trucks, canvas bikes, its all the same.

Lets see who works this out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

I would like to try acrylics some day. I quit doing paint for a variety of reasons. Not liking it was not one of those reasons. Have not even touched my airguns or airbrushes in probly 10 years. May get them out and try the auto-air stuff. Back then water based was not good for automotive due to longevity, etc.

1 Like

I have a necklace that needs fixing I need help with it. Itā€™s not to bad itā€™s a old turquoise necklace Iā€™ll have to pull it up itā€™s in my room Iā€™ll have to find it Iā€™m not sure what to do. I would like some advice I donā€™t wanna lose it.

1 Like