Cheap LED Strips : A Viable Alternative

@ReikoX ahhh om nom nom nom nom nom nom nom mmmf you say half? :laughing:
Thankyou for all your help

@GramTorino Ah im lookin at the slim gen 3, i didnt seem to find a non slim version

5 Likes

No no, eat half then wait like 5 minutes and go ‘its not working’ then eat 3 more and freak out for 10 hours. Bonus points for peeing yourself!

10 Likes

There is a datasheet on this page…

https://www.futureelectronics.com/p/semiconductors--lighting-solutions--light-engine-led-assemblies--light-engines/bxeb-l0560z-35e2000-c-c3-bridgelux-9115969

Primer…
https://ledgardener.com/tag/constant-current/

Weird they dont come up on digikey, those prices look much more reasonable.

Has anyone purchased from Alibaba before?

A fellow grower suggested this to me.

My toys

2 Likes

Or if you run remote like I do use 3 conductor leads from the drivers to the frames. Run the ground to the frame and the other end to the driver mounting screw. That’s how I have mine done up

6 Likes

Yes, that’s what I do as well. :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

The only reason I even bothered was because the wife helps me all the time and face it my brain is already cooked so it was for her benefit lol

1 Like

Ezpz

By chance does the above driver allow me to adjust the constant current? To under-drive the strips. (Spec sheet 350ma thru 1050ma)

Run them at, 600 for example.

1 Like

from what I understand there’s a screw and two wires coming off for controlling that. You can buy a potentiometer for a couple quid to make it easier but to actually measure your output you’ll want another device as you’ll be twiddling the nob/screw blind technically.

2 Likes

XLG-150-L-A has a potmeter and the AB version has additional dimming functions too.
Without A or AB has a fixed current (and voltage?)

4 Likes

I didn’t either, until I did it…

My fault, I didn’t follow buddy’s instructions when using his home-made battery charger… (360VDC float voltage), wet dewy grass, motorcycle with dead battery…
Instructions were, hook up leads to battery then plug-in. You get the picture… :rofl: :joy:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

My bad. I have the -AB version.
I’m aware of the dimming via potentiometer.

Am I able to adjust the constant current with the -AB ver.

2 Likes

From my understanding, the AB diver let’s you control the max current with the A pot (internal), then dims fom 10%-max current using the B pot.

4 Likes

I know your busy. I’m still reading but I want to do it by September. PM coming

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

This is something that was sent to me as a suggestion. I would appreciate your opinion on it.

https://m.dhgate.com/product/full-spectrum-480w-lm301b-qb-led-grow-light/524430250.html?f=bm|GMC|pla|1670756630|64004387279|524430250|pla-717940284177|117005017|US|evanqiu|m|2|#redirect_detail=PC2WAP

1 Like

I don’t think it could be considered a bargain. :rofl:

1 Like

To answer your question, it’s for a 4X4 tent used exclusively for flower.

1 Like

For a (mostly) assembled kit it looks pretty nice. 480W for $420USD. Right around $1/W. Let me look at some specs and see what we can do for comparison.

3 Likes