Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

It’s not a problem. I’m just happy your getting one in. I couldn’t do what I do if it wasn’t for other people’s help. :+1:

1 Like

REsearchin mhm harvesting for thc, cbd, and cbn.

DOing good on research.

My big problem is, 9lb is a very high thc strain 17-23%!!

High for me.

I did like to try and manipulate this into a higher CBN /CBD harvesting, lowering the thc,
It’s already a heavy indica though, so going for amber shouldn’t be necessary in this case is it?

Does it matter on the strain if you go for clear/cloudy trichs but the strain is heavy anyways ? Or will the early harvests make it more of a head high???

I’m thinkjg id like Post amber / golden trichs for high /cbn cbd degraded thc.

It’s gonna be a power bud for sure .

Really tough call! I will maybe test a bud at 50 days , along with getting a loupe. And try it out…this stuff is not for novice hahaha so I may need a guinee pig. But I have to know for my self… so one - two puff will do the trick I am sure.

What’s everyone’s preference on harvest decisions??? Testers???

Going to be so intersting To test for my self.

Most likely everyone goes for highest THC - heavy stone.

I feel if it’s somethings so discussed between indica and sativa,p for effects, but you can control it regarsless through harvest time!

2 Likes

A lot of folks shoot for 20% amber.
I take testers throughout the grow. I like to leave a little branches designated for this. Keep in mind the lower small buds will not be accurate. Try to take them towards to top. They don’t have to be your very tops just close. Work your way down a branch where the buds begin to separate.
You will figure it out. If you get a jewlers loop just take a bud that looks the same on the trichome side of things.

1 Like

HA ha!
Getting all giddy thinking about taking a little bud hahaha

I accidentally lopped off a branch at the end of week 3 , I dried it out, ahah I doubt any THC on it, still gonna smoke it tomorrow just for an laugh.

So should you try and coincide the Trichome maturity with the dominant strains effects? E,g, indica / amber, sativa early harvest cloudy ?

Or can you toy around with it?

I just read article that’s even sativas left to mature longer can become sedating,
I imagine same is true for the opposite for early harvesting a indica dominant gettin More of a head high?

Lol I’ll just have to experiment my self

1 Like

Just got my humidity reader in the mail?

And Monday a $300 amazon dehumidifier which is super sweet! Not just for the grow but for the house, will get another one for sure .

I’ve found a lot of good detailed info on growweedeasy.com

1 Like

Its reading 40% in the tent , middle Height.

Is there’s a strategic position for the reader?

also, I imagine after a watering / feed the humidity level will go up.

One plant was ready for water today. Other two will need another day. They we’re on same schedule most of the grow.

1 Like

Yeah you got the idea. Sativas are known for there “energetic” high. For me to much give me anxiety. To even that out wait for the THC turn to CBN.
For Indica are known for that lazy couch lock feeling so if you don’t want “night night” type of bud take it as soon as you see amber.
This is all my opinion. It changes a lot. Sometimes I’m wrong. This is how I understand it.
I’m VERY HAPPY you got a dehumidifier for your basement. That was probably the best thing you could have gotten, not for just this grow but future grows as well.
Your doing good. By the way that bud you “accidentally lopped off” (hahaha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::joy::rofl: shure​:shushing_face:) is going to surprise you. I accidentally lop off stuff on my plants the whole grow. Everyone dose. Unless they got a ridiculous stash. But the curiosity gets the best if us. “I wonder what that’s like” the voice in my head says.

1 Like

I will stick close to your regime for harvest indicators! Seems To line up with what i am going for also.
I’m train to avoid the anxiousness .
I don’t smoke enough to do test trials for effects. I will have to rely on the science and theory’s before me, shoot for the stars!

Ha ha ha! I blame it on my poor dexterity. I Was trimming some lower stuff and this sucker snuck between the snips lol ** it’s very dry now. Maybe I’ll be a bit cautious smoking it And not under estimate. Thanks

AND THIS is the sweet little machine I found

2 Likes

That’s awesome man. Yeah that branch should give you a nice buzz.

2 Likes

Branch!!! Hahahaha Jesus.

I’m am Morning frequent flyer, can’t fly on one wing! Not yet at least! I have high hopes for homegrow, same as everyone I imagine,

I will Mix with a bit of tobacco, may help any odd early harvest taste.

Honestly I am a ex tobacco smoker . And a seasonal ganjah smoker . But I crave a little bit of dry tobacco in a joint. Some people may crucify me for this. But it helps it burn really well. In spliffs.

From what I read the taste won’t be so great this early on, especially no flush.

Smoke report Tomorrow

Ewwww! Don’t do that. Blah! :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Ha ha Ha ha. A dirty sin!

Smoke report - wow!!! Did the trick!! Super nice little buzz. Took care of me for the morning and most of afternoon.

Can’t imagine what the final harvest will be like!

Definitly had some pre mature after taste on exhale.

Very much suprised

1 Like

Yuppers. That’s what’s up man.

1 Like

Did that for years!

3 Likes

WElll well Well!
The end of week 4 is upon us !!! Time flys .

I usually do a Saturday update, but I am offf at the moment. Tomorrow still requires a feed , so likely photo shoot then.

So the day I flipped was April’ 18 I think. DAY zero was april 17
Just watered two days ago

So !!! Boomya!!

THE BUDs are doubling up in size! Oooooo ya

I love overgrow :heart:
Tthi
S one afbit smaller

10 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS MAN! I’m glad you made it through. Your calyx are swelling nicely. You get your jeweler’s loop?

1 Like

Nope I haven’t…I’ll order on amazon. I’ll check dates.
If it’s under 7-10 days delivery I’ll get it.

I just introduced a 3rd light LOL… felt it was hard to distribute it between them, so I took one in from the wedding cake inn the garage. We hit 20celcius today so I think it will be fine temperatures wise.

9 Likes

20 is fine. It might bring out some interesting colors.

ANHhhhhhhh!!? DAmnit??!!
I was doing my feed today . decided Tom put wedding cake out in the sun as it was super nice out and easier to water.

I left it there to run down and get supported because it was windy. I came back and a bit branch snapped like a twig!! Gad damn!!! Poor thing, I cut it down to the main stalk.

Well it’s crystally, I clipped a few leafs and my fingers Re stuck together ! Gonna be a nice treat this week !!!
GOnna taste like crap but It should fire me up!

Wedding cake , day 1 wee 5

5 Likes

WEll i am glad i looked into wedding cakes info before smoking,

I never realized how potent it grew…20-30% THC…goin to have to be careful With this one!! I just took the strains available.

Posting description of WC strain

To Be honest, thee strainology could be messed up…most things match on the plant, other than the stature…when it was given to me I was told it grew tall and lanky , and it did that, but that’s not what online descriptions say.

I’ll just have to smoke it and determine for my self…the fragrance is spot on, and colours.

2 Likes