"COBlurple" Build

Hovering around 85-86. I’d rather see that down around 80.

1 Like

85 is supposedly when growth halts. Auto flowers cope a little better in higher temperatures than photoperiod plants do. I don’t think your temperatures are bad at all. Just make sure you water more often :+1:

Well if 85 is when growth halts, then my plants will be buggered, no?

1 Like

No mate. My plants have often went into the 90s without Ill effects. Try your thermometer at various different positions in your grow area and you will see each reading is different. :+1: obviously we don’t want you cooking your plants but mid 80s isn’t a problem at all

1 Like

Thanks for your help, man. I actually just spent the last couple of hours re-configuring my exhaust and added an active intake. Got it down to 81, which I’ll be happy with if it holds. I am thinking also about the health of my COBs. Keeping tent ambient down will let them run a bit cooler.

So this is how I reconfigured air exchange.

I pulled the grille and filter off a Bionaire HEPA filter, then used a box to interface the exhaust duct to the fan/motor unit. This fan pulls a shitload of air, even on the lowest of 4 settings. Had to cut a hole in the box to reduce negative pressure in the tent a bit.

Then I re-purposed my old inline exhaust fan as an intake fan and connected it (half-assed) to the HEPA filter, so the bulk of the incoming air is filtered.

Cleaning or changing the filter will be easy, and this will help keep the tent and the carbon pre-filter clean. I’m going to wrap the duct in something opaque to prevent light from getting in during the flower cycle.

A few more tweaks and the tent is now running a stable 27C (80F).

3 Likes

Mines running at 30c it’s quite nice not having to have the radiator on in my room :wink:

1 Like