Coronavirus Facts and Fiction - January - May 2020 [Closed]

Damn.
What a place to have that happen on, like something out of a horror flick.

2 Likes

re: cruiseline
Probably recirculating air, too. If you don’t have it, you’d probably get it eventually.

5 Likes

It’s funny they say it’s slowing down. The graph looks like a 80 degree angle

3 Likes

Well it’s not like they’re gonna say it’s getting worse haha.

There was an article a couple weeks back suggesting millions had fled the province anticipating the quarantine or in fear of the virus. Let’s just say it was a few hundred thousand to be conservative. Who knows where they went or who they’ve been in contact with since.

2 Likes

Yea crazy to think how far it will reach. On Jan 29th there was a flight of Canadian diplomats sent home from China. They didn’t get quarantined. The flight that left today from China full of Canadian civilians will be quarantined at an army base. Who was on the first flight is unknown. Where are they now I wonder

3 Likes

About bloody time. I’ve been wanting to have words with that sumabiatch for awhile now. And his sons mother, and his son, and all his mates.

2 Likes

Well, the tour group numbers are dwindling. 5 now in hospital with confirmed cases of this “flu”
Hey, anyone know where the rest of the tour group are? I’d just like to know, so I don’t run anywhere near them

1 Like

Well, at least they’re not onboard a cruise ship that’s been “quarantined”.A ship that docks to let off the sick and take on more supplies.
I mean, serious? What a joke

2 Likes

Well, our offshore detention facility is “full”. So now, they’ll fly them in-country and house them at a defence facility. Because, we don’t need frontline troops able to move, right?

My guberment are a bunch of idiots. I think I might start calling them gumalot, because they have to be good for something, I’d hope…?

And, if you’re honest, so are yours.
Regardless of left or right, your guberment is not here to help. (fullstop)

4 Likes

RIP!
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health/china-doctor-who-warned-of-coronavirus-mourned-xi-speaks-with-trump-idUSKBN20003J

4 Likes

They are unloading possible infected persons off a cruise ship in NJ as we speak
Destination unknown, and so it begins

3 Likes

Is it Just Me, or does everyone feel that all Governments are lying to it’s people and as to what may come, they are waiting to see what course this virus takes but know deep down it will spread everywhere eventually in the end.
I mean look at the common cold , the drug companies have been trying to find a cure for years and never have, maybe this is how the virus came about, who knows?
If we had the answer we would all be Rich and comfortable, living on a private isle.

3 Likes

it realy get worst,when it reaches african shores…i having a hard time believing ,it didn´t happend yet

6 Likes

So do they still have to fly the yellow quarantine flags on these cruse ships (I think they might be yellow and black now)?

2 Likes

I thought the same thing when I heard a case or two has been found in South Africa

3 Likes

That sounds like the first Canadian victims could be politicians!
gasp! The horror!

3 Likes

So much for “conspiracy” theory:
Dr. Lyons-Weiler, of the Institute for Pure and Applied Knowledge, showed and explained how the coronavirus’s genetic sequence–which has been publicly released by China-- contains a unique “middle fragment” encoding a SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) spike protein that appears, according to his genomic analysis, to have been inserted into the 2019-nCoV virus using ” pShuttle ” technology. This technique can only be done in a lab, as it has never occurred naturally in nature.

5 Likes

I was wondering why the “Institute for Pure and Applied Knowledge” sounded like a Scientology branch, it’s because it’s an antivax fringe-medicine site.

3 Likes

Haha…I would have gladly chipped in, and bought some American Politicians a ticket on that flight!

3 Likes

Shi Zhengli:

"The new coronavirus in 2019 is a punishment for uncivilized living habits of human beings by nature. It doesn’t matter. I advise those who believe and spread rumours of bad media, believe in the so-called academic analysis that Indian scholars do not rely on, and close your mouth. "

“Conspiracy theorists don’t believe in science. I hope that the national professional department will investigate and give us an innocence,” Shi Zhengli, a director at the Wuhan Institute of Virology - the only P4 level biosafety laboratory in China - responded to Caixin on February 4.

But, this tidbit (one of the investigators == Shi Zhengli) from 2015:

The researchers used the SARS reverse genetics system to generate and identify a chimeric virus. In simple terms, this chimeric virus consists of the surface protein of SHC014 and the backbone of the SARS virus. The chimeric virus can infect human respiratory cells, demonstrating that the surface protein of SHC014 has the necessary structure to bind to key receptors on cells and infect cells. Chimeras can cause disease in mice, but they are not lethal. Studies have shown that viruses currently circulating in bat populations could potentially trigger the potential risk of SARS-CoV (SARS virus) outbreaks.

The response: White House is asking scientists to determine the origin of this virus

1 Like