CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

I run I think a 6’ ugly stick with medium/heavy weight. 80lb braid because I would break anything lighter than that. Usually use 3oz pancake weights but go up to 5-6oz depending on the flow.

Shimano Baitrunner is my favorite reel for catfishing. It allows you to sit back and chill until the action happens.

6 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving y’all!!

16 Likes

Happy thanksgiving brother!! Hope you get fat, happy and stoned immaculate!!

4 Likes

Happy thanksgiving @CrunchBerries hope you have had an awesome day :grin:

2 Likes

Happy Sunday, Everyone,

Flower tent update:

• Everything is still in veg. Planted in SIP bed on 11/10.
  • Lowered CMH’s
  • Temperature has been more manageable. Last night the flower tent hit a high of 78.
  • Topped all except Soulmate A who had previously been topped. I actually bent the top of Soul Mate A and it responded well. Side branches pushing up and the bent branch is curving up and repairing itself. I tried bending a couple branch’s on Dream Beaver last round and they did not respond well at all, so I was a little gun-shy. Branch just laid there, bent but not broken and never was right again. That reminds me of a song:
  • Still haven’t filled the reservoir, but I think tonight’s the night. Will start everyone off with 1 gal. water w/ labs

• Will probably flip within the coming week and give a final topdress. :call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

Soul Mate -C

Lemon Wookie V2- B

Lemon Wookie v2- B

Soul Mate- C

Soul Mate- A

Lemon Wookie v2- A

Soul Mate- D

Hope everyone is well~ Crunchy
:fishing_pole_and_fish::champagne::guitar::four_leaf_clover:

19 Likes

Have you guys seen the XL self watering base from ac infinity by chance? They hold 2.25 gallons, and will run anywhere from 3-10 gallon fabric pots. I like the idea of them a lot. I’ll be curious to see what you guys think, and if you guys have experience with them at all?

5 Likes

Vassar’s fiddle head is just out of frame in the cover shot. It’s nice!

Vassar Clement's  fiddlehead

3 Likes

That’s a thing of beauty!!

3 Likes

Mornin’ @IgrowBodhiandCSI Ive never used Octopots before, but maybe @BarefootAndBlazed or @Papalag can chime in on their experiences. Good luck!

7 Likes

I’ve only used the larger Octopots: 6 gallon reservoir with 6 gallon fabric pot on top. My goal is to keep things simple in my garden. Fewer waterings and the ability to leave things unattended for days if I need to go out of town are the big advantages - that, and the plants just love them and explode with growth! There is a smaller Octopot available - around the size of the AC Infinity model mentioned - which I believe @Papalag has used. You can also hook them up to a larger external reservoir with the right plumbing connections, but I’m striving for fewer points of failure…

The plants can get huge! Here are a couple Consumption x Chocolate Thai with a Lemon Wookie V2 on the right filling a 4x8:

The manufacturer does not recommend super soils in Octopots. I use straight ProMix HP (High Porosity - lots of perlite) for media, and feed Jack’s nutes via the rez.

10 Likes

Morning to you good sir. I was asking about the ac infinity self watering pots :joy:

4 Likes

And a good day to you, sir. They are basically Octopots from my understanding. :joy:

4 Likes

Ahh ok ok I see I thought I wrote the wrong thing and got insecure . I think these ac ones sit more flush on top with a wick system , where as octopods will require a hole in your pot and a disc to sit in the water .

5 Likes

I don’t use them but I’m a big fan of bottom watering the plants love it

Octopots have a bigger reservoir ( 6 gallon)
And can be left alone for a week with no issues

4 Likes

Correct :+1: octo’s fave a net pot which sits in the reservoir

3 Likes

Yeah I just don’t love the cutting a hole in a pot idea.

2 Likes

For the past 3 weeks, the SIPs have been quietly fermenting as they charge up for round two. They have been re-amended with Gaia Green, Diatomaceous earth, worm castings, rice hulls, bokashi and malted barley. I have been brewing a Jadam Microbial Solution each week, for the past couple of weeks and hitting the soil with a gallon at full strength. The soil should be super charged at this point so I’m expecting round two to be even better than the first! :grin:

15 Likes

We all like what we like

Octopot are designed so the roots grow into the res as I believe the ac units you have

I may buy a pair just to do a side by side to see the results

Papa

4 Likes

Thank you @BarefootAndBlazed and @Papalag for chiming in with your experiences!

3 Likes

Really nice soil love the funky good healthy look :eyes:

2 Likes