CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

Catfish are biting in the James. These were last Thursday night

IMG_5315

12 Likes

where was that???

3 Likes

Holy cow! Nice dude! I saw recently that someone caught a 34lb catfish on the Swift Creek Reservoir.

4 Likes

Near pony pasture. My secret spot :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

That seems bigger than what I would think was in there.

Top pic is 41 and bottom pic we estimate 70-75. My scale tops out at fifty. She was a hefty bitch

3 Likes

What a update full speed ahead there :steam_locomotive: so much variety and good stuff there! looking wonderful as always there bud best of luck on your next fishing trip!

1 Like

@imstinky Hhhhmmmmm I think I know that spot😉. Y’all using shiners?

1 Like

Thank you @DesertHeartGardens! Glad to see you around more lately!

2 Likes

going to be starting up my thread again real soon as I got lots planned and going on real stoked and only about 3 weeks till I start my white lotus project :grin:

3 Likes

Nice! Make sure to tag me once you get going, so I can follow along!

3 Likes

Shiners? If you’re talking bait, I’m using like a 2 inch chunk of eel.

3 Likes

Hmmmm

3 Likes

Nice! Thanks for the tip! We should get the local-yokals together for a fishing/seed/clone/herb exchange.

2 Likes

The god of rooting was gracious tonight!
SS4-A taken on 10/31 and a Soul Mate- D

15 Likes

I too have been blessed by the rooting gods after many weeks having some growth on a few ssdd snips excited to give it a run as long as they take transplant :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Nice! Congratulations @DesertHeartGardens It’s like Christmas morning seeing those roots pop!

3 Likes

Good lord man. I’ve spent 3,000+ hours catfishing in my life, covered in chicken liver juice / dead shad funk & never once came close to ones that big. Well done, those are some monsters! :+1:

8 Likes

Right! I say we have ole @imstinky show us where this honey hole is! I think I have a pretty good idea, as I used to fish over there as a kid, but it would be cool to have a local guide. What say you stinky?

5 Likes

Go to your local bait shop, and get live eel. Cut them in 2in “tubes”. I started out with livers, used fresh and frozen shad, freshly caught live bluegill, but the only thing I use now is those eel chunks. The skin is so tough, it’s hard to get a hook in it, but it’s also hard to get a hook out of it. You will never be sitting there with a naked hook ever again. I sometimes even use the same hunk of eel all night long and catch multiple fish on it. It’s also still squirms after it’s been cut up, so it’s like it’s live and dead bait at the same time.

I’m down. Now is the perfect time weather wise. I’m sure even if we get skunked, we’ll have a good smoke sesh

8 Likes

Hell yeah! I did some research and I definitely need to get some new gear. All my setups are for bass. James River Cats

4 Likes