CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

Hmm I dunno about hot compost but I always saw their stuff more vermi compost rather than straight castings.

Be happy to bring you some of mine, need to get you that canna juice too

4 Likes

Ah, okay. Yeah, fruit stickers (whaaa?? haha) in your compost is probably not good. “Why are there fruit stickers in my compost?!?” Haha.

I ordered two gallons of that “fungal compost” from KIS a few weeks ago, used it to make one compost tea so far. Plants seemed to like it, but I’d also just transplanted them from the little starter pots into the half-gallons, hard to know if it was the compost tea or the transplant that made them take off. I’ve never mixed that KIS stuff in my soil, though, always used Bu’s.

4 Likes

Happy Friday!! :partying_face:

Fruit stickers are pretty common if they source discarded produce from stores. I don’t really feel like that’s too big of an issue - I’ve even seen that in Bu’s back when I used that.

Nowadays, I use Oly Mtn exclusively as my compost, if I can find it. Way more humics than anything else (it’s dark black) and more bioactivity - fungal and bacterial colonies explode when you put this stuff in. Also, importantly, it basically never has severe fungus gnat infestations. But I’ve had bags of other brand’s compost that were all gnats. That’s what made me start using Gnatrol when watering in every transplant.

I’ve also used CoWoCo but that’s castings. That stuff is awesome, and it’s turned my dirt totes into worm bins! Buy it once, reap rewards for life. Oh, also I guess I have used Buildasoil’s flower topdress compost, but not in a year or two. It was good but ridiculously expensive compared to Oly Mtn.

Really cool idea and execution. Nicely done. How’d you keep the stress of bending from breaking the little tack welds they use at each horizontal support level? That’s where my cages always fail…

:sun_with_face: :rainbow:
:peace_symbol:

8 Likes

Carefully, and unsuccessfully :grin:

You bring up a good point though. Those welds suck, one was half broken when I got it. I had to be really careful on the first bend to not exert too much force pulling the the wire away from the circular frame. Once the legs are bent outwards, it wasn’t too difficult to do the rest.

Also, I didn’t mention it, but make sure you give the cages a good wipe down and sterilization before bringing 'em the space. Never know what could hitch a ride in.

7 Likes

Mornin’ and Happy Sunday,
Day 3 Flip.
Roots have hit the reservoir and things are taking off. Everyone is working on their second gallon of water w/LAB. Giving everyone their 3rd and final topdress tonight. I still need turn on the QB’s and will probably do that tonight, also. Going to start cleaning up the lowers. Temperatures are moderate and will only get better as it stays consistently colder outside.

Looks like veg tent plants are starting to sex. Pretty sure I found a Space Monkey female last night, so I got that going for me…
which is nice.

A two’fer for this rainy VA day

Soul Mate-C- Wookie

Lemon Wookie v2- B

Lemon Wookie v2- B

Soul Mate- C- Wookie

Soul Mate- A

Lemon Wookie v2- A

Soul Mate- D- Pinesoul

Be good family and MTSBWY,
Crunchy

23 Likes

It will be cool to see these babies in flower I got a pack of soulmate not too long ago myself…

4 Likes

I ran Soul Mate C,D last round if you go back a bit. Really like both phenos I found. That Pinesoul is fucking bomb! @Magrowers ran SM also and documented in his thread. Thank you @Hillbill for the recommendation!!

9 Likes

Epic photos brotha!

@CrunchBerries Plants look healthy and ready to provide you with some great smoke. :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

I have 5 Soul Mate x Cherry Queen at 24 days in Flower Tent. Big plants here with 3 more rangy with a bit narrower leaves and 2 wider leaf with extremely robust frame.
2 Umeboshi looking good planted 11/22, one more is slower.

6 Likes

Plop can I sit in here and watch you work? Been creeping around your stuff since I’ve been here and love what you do. :seedling::pray:t2:

2 Likes

I was watching a tutorial video on bonsai and the dude put a wire mesh screen lining the bottom and sides of his pots to prune roots as they grow through the mesh screen. Said he is able to keep plants in pots longer without having to repot. Thoughts?

5 Likes

I could be totally wrong, but from what I’ve learned about bonsai practices is that after time the tree and root system become so valuable and delicate that it becomes near impossible to get some out of some certain pots. I’d imagine it’s to both prune and keep the root ball in some structure so if you have to cut it out of the ground to up pot it or if someone buys it and wants to change what’s done with it, it gives them a more permanent structure to work with without risking root health

3 Likes

Everyone got their third and final top dress last night. Watered in with a comfrey, coconut, silica, FAA, FullPower brew. Cleaned up lowers and any suckers. Let the good times roll!

19 Likes

If I had more space I’d really want to try some SIPs. Those of you running them always have such happy looking plants. Love seeing the Wookie stuff grown out too. Have you run the SoulMate before?

9 Likes

i got into it for keeping and maintaining mothers after watching an old Kev Jodrey video of him talking about how he was revitalizing old worn out moms in a probiotic earthbox setup, but quickly realized the power of these things and bought 7 more boxes during a black friday sale one year lol.

finally got my half gallon seed plants into my 8 earthbox jr’s, will have some pics soon.

11 Likes

The EB jr’s always intimidated me.

3 Likes

I’ve enjoyed most of the Wookie strains I’ve grown. I ran Soul Mate last round and found two distinct phenos. One seemed more Wookie (C cut) in morphology with a nice Pinesoul flavor on the backend. Yield was pretty good. The other was straight Pinesoul in every way(D cut). Yield was pretty low, so I topped this round. Really like both phenos and am growing C and D cuts with the addition of the mystery A cut. A cut looks to me early on like the Wookie C cut. Only time will tell…

There’s a link to it in the Link Farm at the top of this thread. Wish I could find that old Alan Adkisson interview on his farm where he talks about the frogs who live in his reservoirs.

Keep us updated!

8 Likes

i remember that video. it had music in it and might’ve been filmed by one of the GGG dudes. may have been taken down for music copyright

1 Like

I think you are right. I had reached out to Alan about that video and he said the same about it being a GGG video. Dang!

2 Likes

Morning,
Day 12/13F everyone got probably their last IPM yesterday. I’ve hit them twice this week. Still haven’t switched on QB96s, but think it’s about time, as pompoms are forming.

22 Likes