CSI TK x JBs Perfect Triangle seed run!(Closed)

LetsGOO thanks for the tag. gonna be watching this close as i will be trying my first seed run sometime early winter good luck man and get er done!

1 Like

Just took a peak to see how the seeds are doing and I can see some of the shells cracking open expecting to see some tails soon!

3 Likes

Also here’s a cool post on the different phenotypes to expect from the CSI beans.

11 Likes

I have the Triangle Kush clone and wouldn’t mind helping with the project

14 Likes

Fingers crossed for solid sex plants. :crossed_fingers:

:seedling::green_heart::rhinoceros:

5 Likes

So far about 4 csi beans have popped and 1 jungle boy bean has also popped.

Going to start soaking my rapid rooters in some ph’d water and move some seeds from the paper towel to the rapid rooters tonight!

12 Likes

This is exciting! It’s starting again! Nice work @Neb :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thanks @Rhino_buddy !

I’m currently looking for some resources to learn more about cannabis breeding.(Books/articles/ect)

If you’ve got something good feel free to share it on here and ill check it out!

5 Likes

If you haven’t heard it, The Pot Cast is a fun jumping off point. Doesn’t contain clear basic info but will give you ideas of what breeders are thinking about in their process. The episodes with Nspecta of CSI, Breeder Steve from Spice of Life, Bodhi, DJ Short, and Mr Soul of Brothers Grimm, are all pretty good. The Skunk VA episode is also a good listen, very entertaining, but light on cannabis breeding info.

5 Likes

in preparation for good fortune of shucking thousands of seeds you should look into building a winnower.
a good instructional vido
or if you’re more tech savvy (i’m not)
a 3d printer file
good luck with your grow and know we’re all rooting for you, so no pressure or anything.

4 Likes

6 healthy looking tails out of 7 for the CSI beans. The 7th is cracked and will likely be ready tomorrow.

26 Likes

And here’s the Jungle boys seeds. A little slower but I’m sure they will take.

3 tails 2 more are visably cracked open.

These seeds where much bigger than the CSI ones and maybe could have benefited from some sand paper.

21 Likes

only 2 JB seeds left that haven’t cracked. 86% germ rate so far and I still have hope for the last 2 seeds :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

cmon you last 2 bastards pop those tails!

5 Likes

CSI on the left JB on the right

This last one is about to pop a tail any minute now :joy:

Looking like we are going into this project with 15 plants!

22 Likes

just stand over it and yell at it for 10 minutes it will listen eventually

3 Likes

Here is the temperature chart for the germination stage.

6pm Sep 1 I programmed a thermostat for the heating pad to keep a more steady temp without cooking them.

11 Likes

Dang man, nearly 100% germ rate? Off to the races!

4 Likes

Do you put them in the soaker with the tail down?

1 Like

just straight into a papertowel and baggie no soaking.

3 Likes