Diggy's Cheatin'

Well the scratch recipe I have, hasn’t produced a batch I am happy with, yet, and I’ve not the self-esteem necessary for repeated failures. Gotta take little mental health breaks :joy: I’m fairly certain it’s my technique causing the problem, because I got the recipe from a person who’s a much higher caliber chef than me. :grin:

The scratch recipe is based on store-bought methodologies. With the store-bought gummies, there’s so little water in their recipe that I’ve never seen them rot. They dry out and start losing flavor after a couple months, instead. You can adjust the texture with literally 1% water by weight. At 3% additional water the texture becomes…… :shushing_face: (Is there a cleavage emoji?)
I don’t normally add any, but I would not add more than 3% water because they’ll be hard to work with, and more likely to spoil

I used to hit the finished gummies with just enough everclear to wet em, to drive off a little extra moisture, but when I stopped I didn’t notice a difference. Vac seal em, and as long as they were produced under sanitary conditions, they stay the same for months and months.

I should try freezing them and see if they weep when thawed out.

6 Likes