Do the leaves have burnt blotches on them?

pH Fluctuation Both of these leaves in figure 6 and figure 7 are from the same plant. It could be over fertilization, but more likely it is due to the pH being off. Too high or too low a pH can lock up nutrients in the form of undisolvable salts and compounds, some of which are actually toxic to the plants. What then happens is the grower then tries to supplement the plants diet by adding more fertilizers, throwing off the pH even more and locking up even more nutrients. This type of problem is seen more often in soil mixes, where inconsistent mixing of the medium's components leads to "hot" spots. Figure 6. Figure 7.

1 Like

High everyone, could be this issue due to pH fluctuation? Thanks … :sunglasses:

EDIT: It started with a brown spot, it is a Frisian Duck. Another Frisian Duck is starting to have that problem in the lower leaves, and two Early Skunk watered the same and same soil doesn’t have any problem at all …

Hi George, if your using the same of every thing for both strains, it’s probably not a ph issue, one of the problems of growing different strains together, sometimes they don’t have the same dietary and environmental likes.

Possibly too much water for them. What type of soil are they in. Are they getting any food added?

1 Like

Hi Shadey, sorry for late reply but I received no notification at all of your answer. I am using soil from Jiffy Peat Pellets, I remember what LabRat said about feeding slightly (around 100 ppm) when the plant has developed her first pair of leaves and didn’t water them frequently (I’m noob but not that much :grin:). The second Frisian Duck is starting to have the same problem, the other two Early Skunk are OK (at the moment), so as they all receive the same food and water maybe you’re right and it is a strain question.

They have separate designs, the Frisian Duck will go outside and the Early Skunk indoors (to avoid mould as her predecessor) so I hope I will finally harvest something :relieved:. I attach the pics of the two FD, seems they will finally go ahead and I am just panicking, thanks anyway for your help … :sunglasses: