Do you like the 20 char minimum or does it drive you to smoke more?

Thanks for cutting me some slack bother. :slight_smile:

Actually though, we have had a number of conversational interactions over the last several months. Perhaps my comments were so short they didnt register :wink:

Seriously, though - thanks.

2 Likes

I see where you are coming from, and I appreciate the sentiment. Heck, I even agree with the stated goal.

However, I think the “Like” button does far more than the 20 char limit does to get what you want. The 20 char limit hurts as often as it helps - in my opinion. :slight_smile:

Hopefully, we can agree to disagree - in harmony.

Ok, ok,ok. I admit it. I am in the minority on this.

BUT - you guys are not winning by much, so dont get all cocky on me! :wink:

Fully 1/3 of voters agree with me. Thats a significant percentage of (more or less) unhappy campers. Never the less, the majority (or more accurately, @LemonadeJoe) gets to make those decisions. It is his board after all, and there is no such thing as 100% free speech anywhere - even the internet :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I know we have had several interactions. But I said “officially” meet you. And I think this is the first posting I got an idea of your character…I like it.
You’re not averse to making a point and youre more than happy to take on board what’s being said.
There’s definitely no hostility my end brother.

2 Likes

I do not like 20 symbols to post a lot oh ha ha lol lol

1 Like

i understand why the min character count is in place, though sometimes i just dont have enough to say without adding a few filler words in order to meet specs. To me, its kinda like speed bumps in a neighborhood.
Yeah, every time i drag a header collector on a speed-bump i bitch about it under my breath. but its a necessary evil, i feel.
it frustrates me sometimes, but its only petty. and i understand the reason behind it.

2 Likes

…if i wouldn’t see my work un-done, i would personally install speed bumps on my street. there are >no< police where i live in CA. (have CHP & sherrif, no traffic enforcement whatsoever). 4 million people.
potential incarceration restrains people from “fixing things” all the time. :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Get out the tin foil hats!!! Call the fire dept!!! Call those flat earth guys!!! Call the Trilateral Commission!!!

I have discovered a deep state, secrete society of evil conspiracy right here on OG!!!

Some people, some way, some how. are not limited to 20 character posts!!!

and

How are they doing it??? Why are they doing it?? What is the secrete password?

Dont worry! I promise to get to the bottom of this dastardly conspiracy and expose the evil doers and rite all the lefts!!

or…I may be unable to resist their spells, and succumb to their evil allure… if you never hear from me again, you will know what happened…

1 Like

He’s on to us.

:scream::cop:

4 Likes

:cold_sweat::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

:sob: :confounded: :kissing_heart:

Now they mock me! But wait - I am zeroing in on them…

3 Likes

When I first read the OP I immediately voted “It’s really annoying, please consider changing it.” I stumbled across this thread shortly after being forced to change a reply for having too few characters. Then I read the replies (should do that before voting next time).

I get what Larry is saying in that sometimes being concise means less than 20 characters. And if someone wants to post the bare minimum they won’t add anything of significance (I didn’t). I also see what the people in favor of it are saying. I have to imagine it’s not a factor in the vast majority of posts and even if you add some BS to make it fit the minimum there really isn’t a downside to the forum. There will be far fewer posts like that than the would’ve been “+1”, “I agree” and “Nice!” posts. And it probably forces people to use the like button rather than posting “+1”.

So I have changed my stance on it. Sometimes things seem stupid until you hear the reason and then they make sense. This is one of those times for me.

1 Like

Oh no! (cant stop there not equal to 20 chars!!)

I am sorry to hear that you have succumbed to the dastardly yet subtle and most certainly corrupting, and sneaky miasma of coercion and reverse censorship that is forcing innocent, trusting, (formerly) happy, normal, regular, and (previously) sane people to over exercise their fingers, which is resulting in blathering, run-on nonsense sentences (like this one) filled to over flowing with un-needed and extraneous characters(like this one -%), words, symbols(&), s p a c e s , punctuation, smiley faces :slight_smile: and emoticons :scream: , all while trying to make the 20 char minimum.

I feel for you brother and I will do my best to save you from this fate, which is most certainly worse than running out of smoke or forgetting to water your plants with actual water :wink:

3 Likes

Huh? + 16 characters

:laughing:

2 Likes

Yes.

3 Likes

delete the 2o char------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Likes

Hmmm

2 Likes

Ha!

2 Likes

Aha, I see you’ve discovered the seedy under-belly of the less than 20 char minimum cohort. You’ve turned to the dark side having forever lost your innocence. :laughing:

2 Likes