Does peak potency coincide with peak flavour?

My opinion, I don’t think there’s any correlation or causation as it pertains to flavor and potency.

Purple Punch generally speaking, very flavorful strain but ironically doesn’t pack much punch IMO.

Cake strains usually for me don’t have much flavor, but have a really nice albeit short-lasting buzz.

This is the thing everyone seems to hunt for; that balance between top potency and top flavor. For me, that strain in general is Peanut Butter Breath; lots of lingering flavor, LOTS of buzz and it stacks :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for this discussion. I have a “Road Runner” and the resin glands turn dark red. Its like they are full of anthocyanins. I was lost about how to harvest that plant. This thread will be VERY helpful.

4 Likes

Dude, are you kidding me right now? Those aren’t even images of a bud.

No block. I’ll fix that.

I deleted everything, Joe Crowe was proven wrong and decided to be a total failure as an OG here. Sorry I deleted all that great information.

I’ll post on the subject later. Hooked trichomes do not represent peak harvest, peak flavor or peak potency. As Joe claims. Which is fine to disagree. But to be argumentative like him with members, is and never will be, an OG representative. We need a block button, ignore isn’t the solution for trolls like him.

@LemonadeJoe

4 Likes

Regarding that cane, how much amber would you estimate is in the trich’s at the point of the shepherd’s crook forming?

2 Likes

That I am not sure of yet. There is at least one study that looks at biochemical changes related to trichome color, but I havent read it in a bit. I can try and find it later and post what it says

2 Likes

Next time you check the trichs with your iPhone note the colour if you don’t mind.

This is well past it (for me) but can’t see crooks?

Edit…
A few other trich pics I’m not seeing it?

5 Likes

I don’t recall ever seeing what is being described here. I harvest at 10% or less amber as a general rule of thumb.

Weird how people can just make something up and spread it as fact. Especially when it comes from someone who’s hobby is trying to call out others , for doing just that lol

Are you saying that I can use an iphone to see the resin glands ? Can it magnify things ? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Hah hah I dropped this bud on the floor. They’re so small!

3 Likes

There’s day 7 of OGK. I’ve got thousands of photos of buds going from veg to bloom and final days. That’s how I came up with the synopsis sketches.

5 Likes

I believe a man with a microscope .deff peaks my interest !

1 Like

Everyone needs a microscope! lol! I know, it’s a big ask. Everything important about weed is microscopic! I DEFINITELY wouldn’t be where I am today without it! Best tool ever!

3 Likes

To add a little hot take here: there is more to pot than trichome heads.

I’m not a scientist, have no studies, but give a hash head a joint after break from bud an you’ll get the picture.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t trichomes bend over if temps got up.

2 Likes

Great thread @Star_Dog ! Fascinating discussion

it’s too bad about the drama, i really wanted to read about what @GregOG had to say about the matter.

Greg maybe make another thread about it?

4 Likes

Where is that? Looks to me like arguing on an anonymous forum with an old grower.

1 Like

Destroying broscience here on OG is my hobby. I was talking about winning the hash making competition!

2 Likes

Having a microscope does not mean you win elementary school.

2 Likes