Doug Dawson's giveaway thread part 3

Ohhhh crap!

2 Likes

Bummer man

2 Likes

Oh that sucks.

2 Likes

Sure is and does. I have not had one letter come back like this and now I have 10. Wasted cards, stamps and time. Oh well, nothing to do but repack them all again and see what happens. Doing that twice was something I could certainly have lived without.

20 Likes

It’s hard to read, did they say what the issue was?

4 Likes

Basically says there is something in the envelope so it has to be sent as a parcel.

10 Likes

Was it all from a certain area you were sending to?

4 Likes

That’s interesting. Especially with cards that have batteries and all that. Did they open one?

3 Likes

Nope, all over the USA. They were stopped here in Canada as those are Canada Post labels.

Nope. I am guessing someone spotted the pile of troll stickers and picked one up to feel something. Then pulled them all out and sent them back. But that’s all supposition.

10 Likes

Gotcha. Thanks for sharing the details. I’m hoping stuff I’ve sent into Canada doesn’t have an issue.

7 Likes

That sucks! Not like they’re losing money, just overzealous employees

3 Likes

The funny part is I googled this and found the same issue going back for years yet this is the first time I have seen it personally and I have sent thousands of cards to the USA over the years.

13 Likes

Maybe use a different post office for a bit

2 Likes

That stinks. I guess the canada post wants more money for what you are sending. Hope you can get away with sending them again the same way.

4 Likes

These get dropped off in a mailbox outside my hospital. I may try a new box. Could even be the carrier who picked them up noticed and reported it. Problem is that mail boxes are like and endangered species here. They are super hard to find.

12 Likes

Karma will pay you back… Ten fold

4 Likes

I always drop mine inside so they’re less exposed to the weather conditions outside. I’m not showing up with a hand truck of envelopes :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

This is why I am thinking it was the person who emptied the mailbox. They would have seen the pile much better. If it had been dropped on a conveyor belt some would likely have made it through. I will just have to cut them all open, repack new ones with new addresses and stamps. May heat up and remove the stamps and try to reuse those at least. When you peel of those warnings it leaves a bit clear plastic patch over the address so they will be known as stopped before. Oh well, as long as it doesn’t become a trend it’s fine. What’s a bit more work, lol.

21 Likes

Sorry to hear that Doug. Cheeky buggers hey! Best of luck on the resend guys :pray:

4 Likes

That sucks @DougDawson it would be nice to get them, but seriously don’t feel obligated if you don’t want to try & resend them.

6 Likes