Ecowitt WIFI - Monitor Temp humidity

Quick overview of a monitoring and alerting gadget for temp/humidity.

Each gw1000 gateway can support up to 8 temp/humidity sensors and 8 moisture sensors. All displayed separately.

You just need to configure the gateway once for your home wifi. Then add sensors by running the app.

You also create an account/login on ecowitt.net. All your sensor data is stored there and available to only you. FREE. No bs monthly cloud costs.

14 Likes

App runs on smart phone.
PC browser access also.

I purchased 3 extra indoor sensors, and 2 soil sensors.
Shown here…
App.

Web site.

7 Likes

Post harvest. I almost wet myself when I realized I could toss sensors in my dry/cure sacks. Lol

24 Likes

The gw1000 w/sensor. Gives me temp humidity outside grow room.

10 Likes

Individual sensor view. You can change the display scale…24hr, day, week, etc.

4 Likes

Have used this for months with no problems. Easy setup. Amazingly, costs less than stand-alone digital monitors.

For Canadian growers…

10 Likes

Nicely demo’d bro. I like that it’s all logged in app too. That’s a nice touch.

5 Likes

Alerts for one of the sensors connected to the gw1000.

8 Likes

I’m no pro, but glad to answer questions where I can.

Thanks Cola.
Checkin out your build. Super clean.

6 Likes

Extra wireless sensors for the gw1000.

Indoor sensor for gw1000.

Outdoor.

8 Likes

Nice topic…

7 Likes

That’s some high tech James Bond stuff. Very cool.

4 Likes

Those are sweet, the future is now lol. What humidity do you shoot for in your curing bags?

4 Likes

Putting them in those big bags for the last part of drying and the first part of curing looks like a good idea. Any downsides?

4 Likes

@beacher
@cannaloop

Usually down to around 60% in the turkey bags. I just treat them like big mason jars - same burping method. For up to a month max. Great for temporary storage of big amounts waiting to get trimmed. Lol

I dont like to keep it in the turkey bags for long term. They are not air tight like mason or good vacuum seal bags.

Lids! Lol. I’d rather be in trim jail than yank around burping dozens of mason jar jail.

Before the turkey bags, I hang the plants whole for 5-10 days.

9 Likes

I was wondering if you used turkey bags. No plastic smell at all and less clingy I’m guessing too, so there would be less chance of getting spots that were sweating too much.
Definitely will be trying this :+1:

1 Like

No smell when well sealed. I use velcro strips.

Some pics here.

3 Likes

Looking at their website, these also support soil moisture sensors and a bunch of other sensor types.

5 Likes

It’s usually the hobbyists that have the better ideas anyway. Not the pros bro.

Hoping I can get a few hours in the shed tonight to plumb it in and generally tidy up. Gonna tell my mate to go check for roots too. I’m literally short an air pump/manifold and 2 air stones. Plus whatever nutes I wanna run. Got a little dusty sack of vitalink clay pebbles and 6" ram circulation fan delivered yesterday.

@belch is very kindly sending me some 1120mm bridgelux strips. I’ll order a driver and fan/filter when I’m less broke lol

2 Likes

I think this may be on my birthday list, they look a lot better than the ones I buy that all vary by 2-3 degrees or % when compared to each other. Plus they are all wireless and can be viewed anywhere.

3 Likes