F#&% instagram-- why is the community publishing security sensitive material to instagram

Although I’m not the biggest fan of instagram its currently the best place for me to follow some breeders work I realy admire.

1 Like

Fck this social media shit its all about buying what others have🤨

3 Likes

I use it to communicate with two or three people that arent here, tried to convince to come this way but no go so far

1 Like

With the exception of this forum I avoid the majority of social media like the plague it has become.
The corrosive, insidious effects of social media are probably impossible to contain at this point.
Ripping apart the delicate social fabric which held us (more or less together) seems to be our collective fate. Human interactions and behavior have been undermined. A coarsening of our culture.
The art of conversation is being weakened inexorably.

And then there is the large scale, transformative invasion of privacy underway.

Just say no.

9 Likes

I joined instantgrams a few weeks ago…I dont know who or what to look for. Can you send me links or names or whatever of a few…then I’m sure it’ll just suggest others

1 Like

Lol love it :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Plus 20

1 Like

I dont realy follow anybody who sells beans on instagram it’s more for random picture sharing. I follow a couple local clubs to keep a eye on clone drops.

2 Likes

give this a read, its really any app that you may have installed or even came stock on your phone that tracks and or can listen in on you but you know, “click yes to understand these terms”

7 Likes

Interesting article. Maybe next time I go to the grow shop, I should leave my phone at home. LMAO.

4 Likes

You’re at least a decade late, bud.

4 Likes

I leave my phone at home anytime I’m doing something important… My brother won’t have a conversation with a cell phone in the room

8 Likes

As much as people are on every type of social media known to man, to talk about everything legal and not, so are LEO’s. If I can read about it, so can they… and they do it on the daily. They can act upon what they gather from the not-so-smart people that think they can say or post anything with no responsibility and no consequences. If you want to seriously screw yourself over, you just need to have any kind of firearm with you if you ever get busted with any kind of drug. That’s a deal breaker for sure!

Just as in my “old days”, back in the late 80’s/early 90’s when I was running #'s of weed all over the state, I didn’t talk about that part of my life for safety reasons. Obviously, I didn’t want to get busted and talking about that openly could surely do it… mistakes like that can cost you many years in a state/federal prison.
A lot of things are different now, but there’s still a need for having a little couth. Now, like then, you have to watch what comes outta your mouth, your phone, your computer, whatever it is. It’s being recorded whether you believe it is or not and used on, and sometimes, against you.

When taking and posting pics of certain activities, you may want to think about turning the GPS off first, so the pic can’t be used to find that location.
How do you think a lot of grows get busted in legal and illegal states and elsewhere around the world?
Don’t do that to yourself, be smart about it.

7 Likes

Thanks for making me feel better about my flip-phone. :thumbsup:

:grin:

Folks at the cell phone store act like I’m 90 yrs old & trying to drive a horse & buggy.

Yeah. I like to pay exact change in cash :scream: just to confuse youngsters.

:evergreen_tree: heehee

14 Likes

It’s also fun to pay in whole dollars, just to watch them meltdown when they have to make change. Who knew counting was so hard?!

8 Likes

Even better - give them $20.39 when the total comes to $16.39 and see how long it takes them to give you the correct change, despite the fact that you’ve actually just made the math a whole lot easier.

9 Likes

Just my .02. I worked for the federal government for a number of years in the intelligence community. I’m more concerned about the private corporation. The Feds honestly are more concerned with overseas threats and getting more campaign financing. All they while Facebook and friends are helping support revolutions and swaying elections around the world.

9 Likes

So you think it’s a ‘coincidence’ lifelog ‘closing’ and Facebook started a week apart?

1 Like

Great comment. Unlike an elective government, private companies have no incentive to act according to morality.
Because they serve their own financial interests, they have no incentive to act in the best interest of the public. And because they are private commercial institutions, they have no reason not sell or share information with foreign governments, and no penalty if they do so.

8 Likes

I’m not much into conspiracies. I just know from my experience the Feds can’t find their ass most times. It’s just a stretch for me to believe that this group could put together that big of a “long play”. I do see a lot of shady shit there though.

3 Likes

I scream at my phone now. It’s all become maddening to me. I hope they hear what I’m calling them all. I do like forums but the rest is all bait and switch.

Corporations are the ones controlling our Govt. right now. No f’ng question. The Russian Oligarchs aren’t doing a bad job of owning us lately either.

4 Likes