Factors that influence growth and development ( Temp and VPD)

I’ve uploaded the Fluence guide before, here’s the complete version

Fluence Bioengineering_High PPFD Cultivation Guide_v1.2.pdf (1.4 MB)

another good one! Lumigrow

LumiGrow_LED_Growers_Guide_for_Cannabis.pdf (2.0 MB)

and not to be outdone…Illumitex…we got 'em all here at OG! :smiley:

Illumitex-Cannabis-Grower-Guide.v7.pdf (947.0 KB)

3 Likes

Thank ye, thank ye.

Regards,

K

Lots to learn! I’ve read up on VPD, and I’m afraid to follow it. Mainly flowering stage scares me as the humidity would be around 60% at times.

Do I ignore all the information I’ve read that say to keep humidity between 40-50% in flowering and to even reduce that near the end below 40?

I’m planning on picking up a Pulse One, which monitors my grow room for my birthday this year and I’d like to learn as much about this before hand.

Towards the end of flower we let the rh drop to around 40%and out of optimal vpd.

3 Likes

This is great! Radiant heat off lights AND the air flow “shape/pattern” in the room would give all kinds of different temps per square foot of space/various surfaces, floor, middle, ceiling, soil surface, canopy surface, left side of plant, right side, front, back… I guess a really good room minimizes that variance.

Same may be true of humidity depending on air flow too no?

I just started playing with an infrared thermometer too. They really show you so much more than a fixed-location thermometer does.

2 Likes

Awesome tool. Used to use them for many different reasons. Looking for bad bearings. Checking product temps…just so many uses.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Waiting for temp gun, so I can give it a go with my plants!

Yes there are variances within rooms… you do what you can to minimize them… but as for vpd and environmental measurements in general you want to take your readings at canopy level…how the room feels to you doesn’t matter it’s how it feels to the plants that matters…

3 Likes

Yo yo yo
Due to the fact that my second dehum is at the repair shop im having to run my sealed room with just one plus the a/c…
RH in middle late flower pretty high ranging from 59-69 at week 6 now… but with my temps im in perfect transpiration zone…
I generally add at the 4 week of flowerin another dehum to lower the range to the usual raccomended but if feel that both time i did it i messed up the armony that was in the room and i even made the mistake to overwater em to compensate the high transpiration stress…leaves were always kind of droopy but the buds were fattening nice so i didnt care much…
Now in high humidity but in vpd range the plants are always perky…from the morning till the bedtime…even right after watering…
Im gona keep it like that and see what happen…
I have a pretty tight and big canopy (about 25x5ft), at first glance seems very risky but i got also lots of fans and good circulation also under the canopy due to nice pruning…
I have a good feeling about it and ill keep RH that way…as soon as the dehum arrives ill set it on a timer to run just few hours when lights go off and acouple other times during night time to avoid RH spikes after waterings…but thats it
I hope ill make it safe to the harvest without molds! :laughing: Send me good vibes! ill report back updates

1 Like

So…the humidity went down a little bit during the weeks just because i was watering with slightly less water than what i was recollecting…and i reached harvest with a range of 56-65
No molds no problems!

6 Likes

It is my belief that ‘root zone moisture level’ plays a huge part in how vigorous plants grow.

I say this because;
a) hook up blumats in a soilless grow like promix and watch the growth explode.
b) i plant same size clones in my notil bed and some explode w growth whike others lag behind. Yes, proximity to the lights make a diff too, but the biggest factor seems to be the rootzone moisture level.
Cheers

5 Likes