Failure to thrive

Until they start looking hungry. Just use calmag and then adjust your ph. The soil probably had 6ish weeks of nutes before you fed it. Probably won’t need to feed until you hit flower, as a rough estimate. Give a good flush and don’t water again until they feel light. Your fine :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Glad they’re looking better!

As @anon93244739 said, let them go until they start showing signs of hunger, at least until you get the hang of it. The bottom most leaves will start to yellow, indicating the plant is pulling nutrition from those leaves to feed other parts of the plant. I’ve found OF to have plently of nitrogen, so you may not even need a high nitrogen based fertilizer to get you through flowering.

3 Likes

When I have something that looks like yours it is usually a root problem. Some plants just don’t thrive. Is there a chance they were over watered it first? It really looks to me like your roots have failed to thrive for some reason and that is causing your uptake problem

3 Likes

I’ll say your problem is…nutrient lockout. Small seedlings need no nutrients at all. You’ve planted them in FF which is a nutrient rich soil, THEN,you added nutrients,AGAIN. To much nutrition and the plant will stop taking it in. Fear not this mistake has been made a million times by new growers. Do less, just water, LITFA. If your water has good PH… flush it good with just plain water and leave it alone.That seedling will come around quick. Next time start your seedlings in Promix or similar and give no nutes until they’re a few weeks old.

2 Likes

Whats up bro. I start all of my seeds in coco cut with 1/3 ffof. Or nutrients depleted old soil. I killed so many seedlings from hot soil. You have to take into consideration of the size of your pots you have. Bigger pots you my not need to add nutes for some time. 5 gallon buckets I don’t add nutes for 2 months with ffof. You can always start small with the nutes and work your way up. You will be able to tell when to stop. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

So I really think the main problem was underwatering, I’ll take some pics at some point this weekend. There are two purple haze plants. One is looking great with the needed water, the other better but weak. The seedling itself was somewhat malformed from the moment it broke ground. I will give it some more time to see if it keeps up with the other plants, otherwise no need to waste time and energy on it.

3 Likes

You would be the first new grower that I’ve seen to under water. It shows restraint which is good. I got a Purple Haze Auto. She’s going to be pretty. This is what’s she’s going to look like.

**Photo By @Chronickyle **
Give her time. Worse comes to worse you can put her outside somewhere.

6 Likes

So I used to grow with a partner (this was nearly 20 years ago, I got busted in 2002 with an indoor grow), but was more of an assistant as my skills lie in the processing after harvest :smiley: (ask me about my edibles lol) It was a gendered arrangement I suppose.

I’m on my own now and working off what I thought I knew and leaning on all of you!!!

2 Likes

Yes, overwatering is something I was taught to avoid and I know what that looks like!!! Those plants are beautiful BTW.

2 Likes

That was all Chronickyle. He sent me some. There fem so that’s great. Takes the stress out of my limited space.
Grow partners are nice. They can be trouble. That sucks you got busted. You catch time? How much did they get. The shitty part of getting busted is the confiscation of all the grow equipment and supplies.
I owe Overgrow a lot. Everything I learned about growing these beauty’s on OG 1.0. I got the grow bug when I was 12. I found 3 bushy Indica plants my moms boyfriend was growing in our basement. I wish I had some of those seeds. It was some of the strongest smoke I ever had. Expecally for the 90s

1 Like

I got popped with four mature plants and a shit ton of clones & seedlings. Again, I was more the assistant but it was my house so I took the heat for the grow. Because I’m white and educated and had access to financial resources I was able to plead down to a class B misdemeanor and had a year of probation. My year of supervision was fukin awful and I did suffer some collateral consequences, professional and financial.

3 Likes

That really sucks. It could have been worse. Free at last you are.

It could have been waaaaaaay worse and even though it was tough at times I’m happy where I landed. Not everyone can say that, bust or not. I feel like I have all the things that matter in life…except a naturally green thumb :smile:

2 Likes

Do you know what tipped the fuz?

Crazy ex husband. I should have known better. Close associates were a big risk.

2 Likes

I don’t bring girls home. When people get emotional they do crazy shit.

2 Likes

You can’t hide a grow from people you live with or have access to your house. And you have to worry about who they will tell and so on, like the old clairol commercial…and they told two friends and they told two friends, etc…

After I got popped, me and my partner did a guerilla grow but the stress was just too much for me. I had too much to lose and so I had to go back to buying.

Now that its legal? It still feels wrong, but I’ll get over it lol. I recently donated a weed party (10 people at my house) to a fundraiser and it raised close to 1K.

2 Likes

If we were back around the time you got busted I would be way more uptight. Maryland is supposed to be legal by 2024. Covid slowed things down. I’m hoping they go with the 6 plants per person model. 6 veg 6 flower will be better. But the amount of people that live in my house 6 plants per will be fine. If they make growing illegal I’m not interested at all. I don’t smoke like that to care. I just love the plant. I thought maybe I like it because it’s illegal, but I don’t think that’s it. It dose make it exciting. I grow it for family and friends. I might hit a bowl here and there. I was always the person in the family to get them weed. I got tired of running around putting myself at risk. They like my stuff better and they get it super cheap. I just sell for costs. I just like to grow it. If my plant are not pretty I’m not happy.

1 Like

One thing thing I highly suggest, since you’re just getting your feet wet again, is keeping a journal of everything you do in the garden. It seems kinda silly at first, but even just keeping a log of how often you water, how much, and how the plants respond, will help you become a better gardener by leaps and bounds. Since you’re legal now, I would just take picture on my cell phone and attach some notes to the picture and keep a log that way, but that’s just me :slight_smile:

Sorry you got fucked by the WOD. No one should have to go through what you did for plants. Onwards to better times though… keep us updated.

2 Likes