Favourite Food

It has to be pizza for me, and i mean good pizza, any form of BBQ is a very very close second

2 Likes

Do you mean like gourmet pizza or really good chain pizza? We order pizza nova on a regular basis because it’s the best chain there is. I like a wood fired margharita as well but on the regular…

Lobster bisque for sure but in a fight to the death I prefer crab.

2 Likes

Another good dish is some Mahi Mahi fried up with lemon juice. And sweet potatoes.

2 Likes

I like a good eggs bennedict.

1 Like

I want crispy pata from the Filipino place near my old house in Queens- a whole pig trotter up to the ankle, braised soft in a flavorful stock then dropped into a deep frier until it’s golden brown, then served with a palm vinegar/soy/chili sauce to dip the sticky pieces into with your fingers

3 Likes

I apologize for our Airport terminal prices just rolled through for the flight to myrtle beach and was glad I didn’t stop for a drink one beer was 8$ a Bloody Mary was 18$

1 Like

If I’m at the right bar, for eats… oysters and shooters all night. Those I miss.

1 Like

That sounds very interesting. I’d give that a whirl.

I can’t speak to liquor but I was in the Toronto airport not too long ago and the prices were quite reasonable and the food was quite shit.

2 Likes

I usually make my own from scratch, so when i do actually buy pizza its usually say one of those independent wood fired places or place that just make good pizza.

3 Likes

It might be the most addictive pork dish I’ve ever had

1 Like

We used to make our own but I guess it ran its course. But you’re right, that light char on the soft crust is fantastic.

2 Likes

I had some Hawaiian ground pork that was drenched in vinegar. It would melt in your mouth. The stuff was amazing. My friends family made it, I have no idea what it was called but I could have sandwiches of that stuff all day long.

2 Likes

Probably have made high hundreds to a thousand+ pizza’s, and a wood oven is in the back of the mind to build out at the cabin.

3 Likes

Our stand mixer has somehow become the mail caddy.

1 Like

only by hand here

I will be getting one of these this year.Something about a pizza taking 30 seconds to be perfectly done is amazing to me.Pizza made with fresh Poolish is amazing

6 Likes

Mrs Foreigner is the baker of the outfit and she doesn’t have a lot of time these days so it’s taken a back burner I’m afraid.

1 Like

That thing looks like an evil robot

3 Likes

This is the secret to good yeast breads of all sorts, using a poolish or pate fermentee starter build, it’s way easier than doing a full 72-hour rise on the whole dough to just chuck 2:1 or equal amounts flour and water in a tub and mix it up with a pinch of yeast, forget about it for 12-18 hours

Captain Cannabis- 🫡

2 Likes