Baltimore's Multi-strain Bonanza

Can I retro fit new chips on these. I’m not an electrical wiz, but I can get my way around. I have a multimeter. It’s a 6 pot cob unit. Two chips have been taken out. Can I buy one driver or check the drivers in the unit? @slain. Would those cobs fit these holders? My cabinet light went down in flower. I have the link in my dm.

Being 6 should I mix the type of chips? I guess I should open it and look at the type of drivers. Two lights are on two are out and two are flashing back and forth as fast as a traffic light. Thanks for Any help guys. :+1:

Looking back. Man what a pa,ked tent. Nirvanas NL fem freebie (1) seed. This plant may be lower priced forgotten I dunno. Grab a couple. Let’s see if I can pull 2 similar shots together. Thanks y’all.

First pic is July 15. Second is August 16th. So we’re close to 60. Couple more weeks. Nice budding for a month.

7 Likes

Probably, a bit depends on the thermal dissipation of the heatsink, but if you match the wattage, or even go above by a bit, it should be fine. The newer COBs are more efficient, meaning less heat so you should be able to get away with pushing ti a bit. Unless you run them way hot, all that will happen is you will probably reduce their life span… Which will be far more time than you will likely use them for anyway before you upgrade. Honestly I have run COB’s on CPU heat sinks with a failed fan for months without them failing.

You will also need to re-drill the mounting holes.

Driver wise, it’s less certain and depends on the forward voltage of the COB’s you have vs any new ones you replace them with. Check the driver to see what kind of voltage and amps it outputs.
if you can’t find this info, you might find some info on the chip itself as to what it is so you can look the specs up on google. What you want to know is what the forward voltage is i.e. how many volts are required to fire the COB up, and what the Amperage is. Then you can probably go shopping for cobs that are compatible with your driver.
Stringing them together isn’t rocket science, it’s a bit like pulling apart a PC, one you have done it once, it’s easy.

2 Likes

Hey @AllOra. I’m sorry to hear it didn’t live up to your expectations. I think I contacted you a while back expressing my interest in this cross. I grew up smoking those strains here in Texas in the 70s. The yield might suck but maybe it will be some chili pepper fire! Anyway, I remain very interested in seeds if you have any to spare. I really would love to grow some for myself. Leme know bro! Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Cool, PM’d you re possible swap.

Hey I appreciate the hell dude anything I can get help wise. I got an old PC and here I have a bunch of heat sinks off of my Xbox 360. I used to mod Xbox chips. I have a bunch of heat sinks better taller and a tap and die set I’m not going to lie to you I don’t have a lot of experience using tap and die but I could probably figure it out. I was just making sure those chips you sent me a link to were decent spectrum wise. I’m sure I can figure the driver matching blah blah. I got to pull out my multimeter and see what they’re running at there’s multiple drivers in a series. A fan connected to each unit LOL they’re low budget as fuck tho. I bet I can retrofit One driver in there and run all the Cobb’s off of it. I’ll do some research and bro. I would have loved that plant ran in the small dwc setup. That was a big bud cross that’s what’s up man. I can’t wait to see what you got coming on dude I’ll make sure I’m checking it out. Have a good one buddy.

2 Likes

My competition clones. They rooted a little earlier. My cabinet light went down so they’ve been on 12/12 for a couple days. I broke my little t8 fixture and my buddy is letting.me hold his small led sticks. They’ll be fine. This is a very hardy strain and it takes the abuse. I can’t say enough and its potent AF. I’d love to give some clones away. My room is a mess. Please excuse me.

3 Likes

yup check heatsinks on unit. Thats what went on me. The fan blades curl with heat n touch metal. Those little circular garbage sinks in there. Once they fail the cob goes from heat. Flickers look at sinks on flickering cobs. They got burn marks and twisted to fan blades touching id bet. Thats exactly what it did to me. Cheap unit. Puts out good light but parts fail. Thats why i was suggesting keeping the 2center cobs out n adding a fan to cool the cheap sinks in it. The light was only like $150. Specs is why i bought it. The actual light it puts out plants love and its plenty intense. . But it dont last.

3 Likes

Ahhh I see. I try not to bother as much as I can bro. I was just tossing some theoretical shit around. I’m not an electrician, but I bet one driver and a mix of chips would bring it back. I don’t throw no grow stuff out unless it’s not needed. I’m telling you. Get a NL clone. You won’t be disappointed. $ crop. Thanks doggie.:wink:

2 Likes

Hey @Baltimore great looking thread! I really like the roots on those solo cup plants was wondering how you go about watering them? I’m working on something now with some autos I have in solo cups that are being watered via a wicking system have to say I like what I seeing as far as even moisture throughout the entirety of the media watering about every 2-3 days now … I tried hempy cups but just didn’t work for me in the solo cup competition my roots just never seems to want to get down to the perilite.

2 Likes

I have three of your seeds thrown down into solos @Hashtree yesterday the red poison, purple paralyzer and the dark poison! I have a feeling I might be able to pull these off with my new watering system!

4 Likes

I think it’s been proven now you can get an ounce or better off of a solo cup. I think you can get more. The Maui SS is unbelieveable. The roots are so packed. I hand water and I’m very gentle with the cups. The mauis roots are like a thick wick. I have to slowly water the roots but you can grow whatever you want. I would say go with 1gal pots with nets. You should do well bro.

1 Like

@rooted come through and blessed the kid with a little goji pupil. Stuff makes my forehead hot after a hit. I rolled a J went to put it out. It was so good I lit it back up. Getting ready to go back in. Little tips he helped me with. How to best dry and sure whole plants in a small area.

Not a bunch, but enough for the chlorophyll taste to piss me off. Every plant is distinct but this melon rind smelling pot is good. Tastes like WTF? When you open the bud the good smell permeates. Kind of cat piss that’s bareable. I don’t like hard ammonia smelling weed. Later y’all. Be safe.
-J

I believe this is goji pupil. Correct me if I’m wrong.
Just hit it. Wow man. @Jetdro this stuff is mean. Tastes wonderful. How would you describe goji’ s flavor profile?

4 Likes

All right love, let’s see wat the old fakin camra cawt! Now fak awwff!
Solos cups. Yea they’re still going gattin frosty eh?

I want peak ripeness. They’re days close. Solid.

Look at this one foxtailing. I couldn’t rush them.

Look how frosty some smaller bud/leaves are. Wow

That wraps 3 of the 5 cups left. They’re all going within the week.

5 Likes

Here’s my first NL clone. It was in a solo. It got so big I stuck in a gal. pot and flopped branches away from the middle. It’s down there.

Chemdog from @oleskool830. Hopefully female.:call_me_hand:

@ReikoX his monster of an auto SBRxAP1 flowers.

One more.

Has a few older leaves yellowing and some rusty spots. Hopefully it doesn’t consume it. Noticed some on the DS.

5 Likes

Here’s my last one. I chopped the rest of my bagseed plant. Here’s a few diff buds stemming from @rooted crosses he made. Unfortunately some went herm. Bet they lose potency when they start throwing nanners. Anyway I’m waiting for my mammoth tusks to finish. The rest will be pulled Tomorrow night…hopefully. Later y’all. Be safe.
-J
Bag seed bud hooked under the wire and went N.

Another bagseed. These branches went a little longer.

Closeup. I would love to cross this with GDP.

A “white grape pheno” top portion. I think ready??

Closeup. Not bad for being rusty I think.

Here’s a smaller NL branch I took. It comes down tomorrow Night. I 've been flushing with water. This grass should all taste super clean. Later y’all.

Any questions comments whatever. Hit me here or pm me. Thanks for the kind words y’all.
-J

8 Likes

Goji kinda leafy but works good. Heres the one i was throwing away n put in back yard. Not sure the strain

the other outdoor plants are a week or 2behind her flowering.

3 Likes

Chea. What do you mean throw away. I hope you took some cuts. That chick still has October still to run. I’m just pushing mine so I can get a solid frost on everything. Nothing amber. I’m not gonna let it get there. That’s dope man. I love outdoor grass. Just the constant air movement and the ball of fire in the sky.

I have one of your plants that still has a week. Is all I’m gonna push it. I’m ready to break it down clean it up and go again before it gets real cold and constant steam isn’t pouring out of my window lol. How do you deal with that. Run leds only for real. I figured dude. What are my odds of winning a light.

Back to the grindstone. Never had it so I can’t miss it. Looking good though. You might for nest year plant some ground cover. You might have a single Mandingo spot. :call_me_hand:
Here’s a pic for ya.

I got several more close hanger racks just from the bag seed 1 NL cola and a cola of one of your gals.
I’m going to the dispense today. Ima see what new fire they got. I been wanting to try the Hennessey v6

6 Likes

I been thinking about a skunk run too. I have a few of the 91 skunk and a few strawberry. Now if I can get 3 super skunks that would be a sweet run. I tried the vault but the most of nirvanas stuff is out. I’m gearing up for the BB run for OG fam who would like a pack. That’s betwixt us my good man. Hope Zappa n the Mrs is well. Keep smoking yohan brosef. Hehe Later bud.

I believe the Chem is a lady. :grin:

2 Likes

AAA OG is my new favorite smoke. I had some 3 months ago. It wasn’t this good super fruity. Well the NL came down last night. I had shit stuck all over. This is how I had to hang it.

I got so far 3 ounces off of An early pull on a hermie. I harvested the rest of my bag seed. I’ll weigh it when its dry to weigh. I’ll be looking for AAA OG seeds for the collection.
NL harvest. 1 hanger not pictured.

7’ tent and my arm for reference.

10 Likes