First light build

You will probably want to order up some wagons connectors too. These will make the parallel wiring much easier.

Lever-Nut,Wire Connector,Assortment Pack Conductor Compact Wire Connectors, (PCT-212(40 PCS) PCT-213(40 PCS) PCT-214(20 PCS) PCT-215(20 PCS) 120PCS) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07871V4L8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_TI.LBbYW1F1K6

2 Likes

i want to add one of these as well so those will come in handy im sure

““A” version drivers with built-in dimmers are shipped by default. “B” version drivers are shipped with AC and DC cabling but without external dimmer connections unless ordered separately.”

not clear on what this means… will i have everything I need with default A? sorry if that is a dumb question - just want to make sure i got everything right before i order

4 Likes

Yeah if you got the A version you are good, it can be adjusted with a screwdriver. The B has an extra set of wires for the dimmer (sold seperately).

1 Like

Or you could add a sonoff pow and you can view the usage in real time on your phone. @Jellypowered suggested one and it’s on its way to me :+1:

2 Likes

This is how I do. Or don’t do depending on how you look at it. Lol

6 Likes

:heart_eyes: I’m drooling here! The only thing that could effect it is if you forget to pay your Internet :rofl:

2 Likes

It doesn’t forget it’s schedule if wifi is down bro. Carries on regardless

2 Likes

I’ll invest in a full sonoff setup in the new year when my pocket is a bit healthier. I know they are not expensive but at the moment every bit of cash is being saved for vet bills. When the time comes I’ll be plugging you for a list of all the bits I’d need for my setup. :+1:

2 Likes

Sounds like B is the way to go then?

oh man that does look nice @anon58740919

2 Likes

No, for you A would be the way to go. Using a B driver requires you to purchase and install some kind of controller. It could be as simple as a potentiometer, or as complex as a custum Arduino controller.

2 Likes

A B driver will need a 100k ohm resistance potentiometer to act as an external dimmer. You need a Philips driver for an A

1 Like

Pay the postage I’ll send you a Sonoff 4ch pro r2 and a th16 no charge. Other than the postage lol

1 Like

I’m a bit short until Friday mate but yep I’ll cover the postage. As a bonus I’ll send you a kg of mega crop. I’m itching for you to try it for some reason :laughing:

2 Likes

Then that’s a done trade brother. I’ll get them in a conjoined box and ready to go :wink:

2 Likes

No problem @anon58740919. I’ll grab your details on Friday and get it posted first thing Saturday morning :+1:

1 Like

I won’t charge the postage if you’re posting out megacrop bro

I usually wouldn’t charge anyway but times are hard right now

2 Likes

You’ve done more than enough to help me out mate. I’m over the moon with the light you built me and it’s performance. I’m just glad I can give something back for all your help

1 Like

Ok that’s what i was thinking- that maybe the extra wires came with a larger dial or controller of some kind (also saw a few posts where people were buying the B model so figured there was something to it)

will go with A -

im going to be growing some nice basil, lmao
being forced to take a break from smoking (first time in 15+ years) has given me some intense motivation

2 Likes

You won’t be disappointed with the purchase.
2 weeks from seed.

2 Likes

love that canopy - is that a gorilla tent?

2 Likes