First light build

It’s just a cheapo no name 4x4 tent I bought of fleabay a couple of grows back. It does the job although I am occasionally having to seal light leaks.

2 Likes

Every time I read one of these light threads, my eyes glaze over.

3 Likes

Everytime I build a light. It takes a week for my eyesight to become restored to a point I can safely walk :rofl::rofl::yum:

10 Likes

made the order… <3

3 Likes

We better see pics of purple basil up in here!

Everyone has had really good suggestions and due to me working I haven’t had time to properly respond to your tag.

Some solid advice and knowledge being dropped in here.

@spillz907 and @Esrgood4u
I documented my flood and drain and automation adventure upgrades Here is where they start. Gives you an idea of just how I do things. I think the credit for me wanting to run full automation goes to @anon58740919 for making it possible during hard times and heavy influences from @ReikoX and @Mr.Sparkle’s setups.

5 Likes

Glad he’s gone for the strip build. Open high voltage and humidity scares me a bit. More so for the safety of others.

The automation seemed to become a little phenomenon and fast. Probably the second greatest achievement besides my lad in life :rofl:

4 Likes

This is like that chicken little story where everyone says who told them about the sky falling. @Robin was the first I recall using them. But SolStrips and Sonoff are an OG combo. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

@Robin was the first to use indeed that I remember. That’s how me and him got to know each other. It was the “full” automation I was meaning brother @ReikoX lights/temps/humidity/temperature

I understand that’s not actually “full” but it’s pretty much environmental control down isnt it. How’s the bluefish?

3 Likes

Bad ass bro. For no other reason alone, I no longer need to remove the top of my workbench to adjust my timers, temperature, or lights!

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I love about the sonoff stuff. General peace of mind in our area is golden eh bro. The Mrs dad is a tin whistle maker and he has asked me to make him a climate controlled environment to “cure” the blackwood he uses. I may post that here too as it could be a cracking idea for a drying chamber

8 Likes

Heading to lowes tomorrow for some aluminum and a drill- was wondering what type of drill you guys use for the holes? im thinking a battery powered hand drill might not have the rpms

2 Likes

I use this but a hand drill with a 3mm hss bit will do it no problem

4 Likes

i might go with a hand drill for now :slight_smile: very nice setup man

1 Like

thanks for chiming in - stoked to dive into it all - wouldn’t have been able to do this without OG,that is for sure

2 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Drill talk (corded vs cordless)

Hi @anon58740919 @ReikoX
I first heard of sonoff on a post here on OG…a Google later I was hooked.
I’ve moved on in my shed and now have a cab with 3x 4chr2 controlling x2 th16s and one dual this gives me air and nute temp control, 2xhumidifiers for RH… a built in veg chamber running x2 solstrips at 5000ct and my main is a @anon58740919 special 10x 3500cct running at 23w per strip and x4 2700cct which will add an extra 140w for flower… before all thst is a pow2 for power management…

really must get round to a couple of threads…

10 Likes

You’ve got a similar space that I’m working with. Check out an earlier thread. I couldn’t be happier with these lights! Super easy to put together and not many tools required. SolStrip LED lighting: Product info and announcements

3 Likes

Not sure how everyone else does it, but I mounted my drivers outside of my grow space to limit the heat in the space. The drivers get pretty toasty!

4 Likes

Lol… I wanted my drivers in the space for exactly that reason :grin: UK winter gardeners…lol

Here’s my sonoff control centre

4 Likes

Scenes control some aspects…

That plus a webcam… all good…

5 Likes