First Time (growing legal that is)!

Yo guys! Started cutting the Powie Wowie’s from @BobbyBudz today. Think these are gonna be some wonderful nugs! Here are a few just wet-trimmed.

And transplanted a few more of the Old Silver Thai from @Upstate . Really hoping I don’t get too many males as the 15 gallon bags tie up a lot of mix…and I expect these are gonna take a l-o-n-g time!

Gorgeous leaves on these!

Corey Heime x Blue Kush is lovin’ her new bag! I think she’s grown 25% in 3 days since transplanting! As I transplanted a bunch of 1&2 gallon airpots out of the E&F tables I was blown away at how hot the soil in the pots was! I mean just from the ambient air, not amendments going off! That’s in the E&F which have LEDs overhead but not much heat coming from them…just imagine the ones out in the Sun all day. :sweat:

Likewise the Peshawar, also from @Upstate

Starting to get a bit crowded in the upper greenhouse (and in the drying tent!), and there are shitloads still to get moved up from the 3 gallon square pots to bags! Some of the larger/older plants will get taken down soon, so that’ll help open up a little space. But I’m liking that idea of filling in the spaces between the palms! :crazy_face:

It’s gotten to the point when every time I want to transplant something out of the 1-2 gallon airpots it requires first moving some 3 gallon plants up to the upper greenhouse so there is room in the E&F tables for the new ones. So the upper greenhouse has 15-20 of them waiting to get moved up to bags. This can only go on for so long before we run out of room! Most of these are gonna need to get moved outside before they’re too big to go out the door. But I’d prefer to keep 'em under net & cover for as long as I can!

Had another good session w/ the Doc today and when I said I ‘thought’ my shoulder was looking better she pulled out pics from 2 & 6 months ago and said there is absolutely NO doubt it has improved! I’m not gonna start celebrating a ‘cure’ yet, but it seems I’m on the right path at least!

Time for some dinner! And then back to transplanting plugs to Solo’s…again! (Hopefully) It never ends! :joy: Have a great day, hope those of you “On the path” had a cool eclipse!

:call_me_hand:

17 Likes

Excellent! Are you still applying oil topically?

7 Likes

Runnin’ late…again! Loads of beans to shuck, and probably about time to puck up the ones that have been in the drying tent for a month already too.

Had to take down another of the Powie Pineapples from @BobbyBudz tonight…only one small spot of budrot right up near the top, but once the conditions are ‘right/wrong’ I know what the next step is like.

One of the guys from Bangkok dropped by today bringing some testers to try and beans from @Drsunshinestrains . He was just loving the look and smells coming off this girthy babe! I gotta agree! Really glad there are a whole bunch more of these in my future! Bobby has been over-the-top, even for OG standards! And I know there’s still more cards in the mail! Thanks bro! The new Powie Poisons have popped and are in Solo’s.

I spent a few hours pluckin’ beans out of a 24" tall Powie Poison I crossed with a male of your Powie Wowie…at one point it seemed eerily quiet…reached for my phone only to find it telling me it’s too fk’n HOT! Message said “Your phone has overheated and all open apps have been closed. Normal service will return when it has cooled down!” It was about then that I realized I’d been so intently plucking seeds that I’d just spent 3 hours, including my entire lunch hour, in the hot mid-day Sun working on one tiny little plant! :crazy_face: But there was “Good News” 340 beans! :upside_down_face:

She belongs in a picture book!

Okay, off to deal with some shuckin’ See ya’ll soon!

16 Likes

Almost 'New Year’s Eve here! Songkran, the Thai New year and water throwing festival. as it’s become known, is Sat/Sun/Mon here. Today was playing ‘catch-uP’ in advance. We managed to get 3 x 100 gallon bags of Living Soil mixed up and in the godown…hopefully it’ll be ready for me to use soon. I’d like to let it sit for a month, or even just a couple weeks, but the plants just won’t wait!

Took another 45 Solo’s down to the Ebb & Flow tables, moved another bunch of 3 gallon plants to the upper greenhouse and repotted a bunch of 1 & 2 gallon airpot plants into the square 3 gallons, reorganized the E&F tables…all on just a couple puffs of @Drsunshinestrains Popsicles #4 pheno ! And I’ve still got #2 & #3 to try! :heart_eyes: Glad we got a long weekend coming up! The taste was spectacular, but I wasn’t paying attention to the high as I was just totally wrapped uP in getting things done…though I DID have an extended nap on the couch at lunchtime! Had another bowl before heading back down for the afternoon shift and had just as productive an afternoon, not getting home until after dark!

Lots of OG plants comin’ along nicely now. I’ll try to tag the donors but my memory is not great (by a Loooong shot!) :joy: Well, for the first two, Inquiring Mind’s will have to right click → open in a new tab → zoom in to read the tags!

@Roms

@Budderton There are a few of these Colombian Gold x Cobra Lips in the E&F, all similar in size right now. Think I pinched most of 'em.

Really liking the looks of this Durban Hercules OG x Bubblegum from @Oldtimerunderground He warned me about the possibility of mold over here so trying to push her (hopefully!) through way early! Thanks bro! :pray:

The newly transplanted 3 galloner’s. They’ll hang out here under the lights right up until I need more space for new ones…which could be only 2 or 3 more days! :crazy_face:

A Koh Tao ‘special’ from KD

@BobbyBudz Noticing the beautiful purple stems and petioles on these so far.

Back to my roots! Been reading up on the compounds contained in the roots and sounds like a water extraction (24 hrs boiling!) followed by adding coconut oil for a night, before freezing…then removing the oil cake and using it particularly for leg cramps (or menstrual cramps!) is really good. They don’t compost well anyway! :rofl: Waste not, want not! Besides, I get bad Charlie horses! Just wondering how much gas I’ll use up on a 24 hour boil?

Stuck in some new beans from the Bangkok boyz, Sherbanger x Purple Punch. Got some others in the plug trays but nobody’s popped yet…which means I can have another night without the blazing lights on my porch disturbing my star gazing! Managed to defoliate one or two of the Original Haze re-vegged clones that are flowering out again now. Found some mealy bug on two of them and since we’ve got quite a few I decided to just chop the infested buds, defoliate the rest and soak 'em down with One & Done! Will have a look tomorrow.

Gotta grab some food! Have a great day and thanks for dropping in! :pray: Hmmm, I see I still have some more of that Popsicles #4 pheno left! :upside_down_face: :crazy_face: :upside_down_face:

12 Likes

:wink: Red Thai IBL isn’f from me but from my friend Purple Clouds and his Zen House Gardens seedbank

Lambsbread yes my Atao’s F7.

Peace, happy growing bro

6 Likes

Hey @Tlander

Happy Songkran!!
Happy you enjoyed the Popsicles #4!
Get ready for the #3 as I hit it one time a bit ago and my Apple Watch alerted me of having a high heartbeat!! Then It settled into a “I gotta get some stuff done buzz” Good daytime weed…haha

Im curious to see how Theo sherbangers do for you. Real Kushy and fruity smells on those.
Im flowering out about 10 more now and found a keeper in the first 10 so you should find a few good ones. Shane said he had a good time going around your garden and that makes me want to get down there sooner than later…

Good to hear you got th soil you need so you won’t be slowing down anytime soon!!
Looks like your starts are thriving! You have been busy!!

Good luck with the roots! sounds like a good way to use em. Great you can make something very benificial with them.
Ive been thinking of doing something with stems as I hate to waste anything and we have loads of em.
Maybe I’ll order some alcohol and make a tincture. I have read that it works well…

Well Its my last day in Japan and Ill be back in the garden by tomorrow afternoon.
Honestly I can’t wait to see my pheno plants that flipped a few days before leaving.
they should be in full stretch and reaching for the nets.

Everything looking good down there!!

Enjoy your Songkran and Talk soon!

Cheers!!

8 Likes

555! You’ll laugh, but of the 3 nugs in the #4 I still have 2.5 in the bag! After so much RSO you’d think my tolerance levels would be sky-high…I don’t think so! (or else this’d put others in a coma!). Just beautiful bro! I’ll work my way through them, but hate to open another until this one’s done. My staff are all off for the 3 days, though they usually pitch in with the watering. Hard part is flipping the 3 gallon plants without solid rootballs yet, into the big bags. I really need to do it to keep things moving in the production line, but w/1.5 hands it may get dicey!

You’re most welcome down here! I get the feeling we’d have a ton to discuss! The place probably never looks as good as in the pictures, as I don’t aim the camera at the shitty stuff much! :rofl: Scheduling was tough w/Shane, but it was fun once he got here. I completely forgot that I had some buds for you guys too, but he had a dinner appointment and had to split right when we got back to the house! By the way, have you ever tried the Bud Buster Pro?

Roots - yeah, just figured why waste 'em? I’ll give it a shot,sooner or later. Just checked the Sherbangers, no tails yet but it’s only been 24 hours! Thinking to re-organize the :Lemon Grove" area to prep for all these new plants in 3 gallons. I got a shitload of that black groundcloth from the CBD grower and they’re just taking up valuable space in the godown.

I was wondering how both of you were gone away at the same time? It’ll be fun to ‘open the door’ when you’re back - absence makes the heart grow fonder and all! Have a great trip!

8 Likes

Right on brother! :grinning:
I’m surprised I haven’t seen more members here grow that one, she’s a real beauty.

Hell yeah!
Have you seen my root thread?

7 Likes

Hey Bro!

happy you are enjoying the Pops 4!!! I love that one too…
I’m sure you will get to all of the different ones eventually, hell maybe this holiday…haha

Looks like you will have your 1.5 hands full this week keeping up with everything down there.
Especially without the maid. I’m sure you can handle it though.

Yeah Im sure we would talk over some great smoke for hours.
Ive had great success with cracking the sherbangers I think I was 10/10 the first round and 11/12 the second ones. they should pop soon for ya.
Ive got some other samples of some bubble to send ya as well so I’m sure we can trade a few postal presents here soon.

I’ve never tried the bud buster pro but I will do some research on it.
I usually don’t add any extras to the mix but am willing to try something for sure.

That Lemon grove is gonna be booming with “Green”! I love it!

We have a guy who has been with us since we started and he is very good at maintaining all the tanks and doing anything asked of him, super respectful and reliable young man.
He had to call me a few times on this trip with some questions but that’s the beauty of these apps nowadays, you can call overseas free and easy. hell we also have a our trim girl topping tanks and defoliating as well so they got to run the show for a week while we enjoyed ourselves.
we also have cameras and online sensors for humidity and temps so I am able to keep a close eye out for any environmental issues and they are a call away.
I have been peeking at the rooms and everything looks to be in order and I will get to see everything in person by tomorrow afternoon.
The Tech now is amazing as I remember the days when I couldn’t leave my grow for more than 2 days without someone staying with it. times have changed for sure.

Im off to bed with a 6 am wake up call to head to the airport…

Cheers bro!

5 Likes

Loooong day! But it was the last day of the year on the Thai calendar. Tomorrow (Whoops - today!) is Songkran, the Thai New Year and starts 2568. Happy New year everybody! I stayed uP in trim jail working those early DJ’s.

@Drsunshinestrains Popsicle #4 pheno definitely makes for great daytime ‘get-it-done’ weed! Started out by telling the guys today was rework the entire Lemon Grove area. It’s been too full to even do a good cleanup. That all changed today!

555! I had a whole bunch of used Grove Bags that I’d love to re-use, but I was worried about the possibility of mold spores. Gave 'em to my housekeeper (Thank God she’s back!!!) and she rinsed 'em in hypoclorious acid and when I went home for lunch I had to laugh every meter and a half was a drying Grove Bag on a fence post! :rofl:

Today I had to make the call…the DJ Short 90’s BB was just collecting too many whitefly and I was concerned for the Mexicans right beside them. So chopped 'em a couple weeks early, did a quick wet trim and then sprayed the hell out of the entire room, Mex’s and all, with One and Done.

The Zacatecas x Michoacan next to them.

By that time it was getting late so raced to the upper GH and managed to shift enough plants to make room for three more 15 gallon bags. Can’t even remember…think 1 Powie Wowie, 1 Peshawar Joe and 1???? The place is getting crowded, especially after having had so much room lately. I wish the Lemon Grove wasn’t quite as far from there, would love to put them out there.

Here’s the Screen of Green plant. (Thai x VN Black) x Goji OG

Alright, 1 am here and I gotta get to bed! Thanks for droppin’ in! Oh and a BIG THANKS to @misterbee for the “Hawaiian Orange Soda”!!!

20 Likes

Suk san wan Songkran! :sweat_drops:

3 Likes

Damn, no wonder I feel hot…just hit 100 degrees at 12:34 pm! I see a lot of watering in my afternoon!

The new puppy has ‘found’ my house!

Meanwhile in the upper greenhouse stuff is taking off in the new 15 gallon bags! That’s the earliest Peshawar behind the silver stool. @Upstate

And I’m finding more and more Peshawar “Joes” everywhere around here!

Here’s another re-veg…don’t know why I’m saving it? Not really all that great of a strain and I have tons of seedlings going already. More "Bro-Science’ I guess!

This Powie Pineapple @BobbyBudz has just gone wild in the last few days! The last couple surprised me at how fast they finished uP at the end, this one seems to be following the same trajectory.

Screen of Green plant (Thai x VN Black) x Goji OG.

The E&F tables are filling uP again, loads of seedlings, solo’s, 1 gallons & 3 gallons. The first 3 (Update; 6 out of 8!) of the Sherbanger’s from @Drsunshinestrains have popped their little heads up this morning! And I decided I had to throw some more Faux Mac1 x AVC in to soak…and more Powie Poisons!

The drying tent is getting full again and last night I decided to condense the drying seed packets…pretty damn stoked when I saw the combined numbers off all those little paper bags I’ve been hanging in there the last month! I ‘think’ there were about 750 of the Mac1 x AVC all by themselves! If my health allows for it, I have a feeling the next 8 months (before re-criminalization!) is gonna be EPIC!!

Okay, I better get out there and start the water flowing! Hope you all have a great day!

EDIT:

Those Hypoclorious Acid rinsed Grove Bags look/smell good to go!

Powie Pineapple

14 Likes

Youbros & sis’s! I talked to my sister back in the States and she was describing having her entire kitchen, barn, mudroom and glassed-in porch stacked with veggie & flower starts because it’s still too cold to put them out! As she’s telling me this I look at the thermometer and just laugh! Well, today was the hottest yet I think. Well over 100 degrees by lunchtime! The guys helped me set up loads of sprinklers on Friday knowing they’d be off for three days… I just gotta pray I didn’t leave any running all night! :upside_down_face: I came home at sunset and looked at the edge of my kitchen counter and saw that the 8 avocado seeds with their toothpicks were sitting in empty, dry containers! There was 1/2" of water in every one last night! I don’t think I can remember lower humidity here in 30 years! I left a bunch of bud branches hanging in the shade on my porch last night as they were left-overs, mostly popcorn with 1 cola each on top… by this morning they were ‘brittle’! Rolled a fattie out of one and it wasn’t half bad for a ‘one-day since cut’ bud!

@BobbyBudz threw in some beans I think he probably had leftover from earlier breeding experiments. One I’m quite happy about is the ACE - Zacatecas Tribute. She’s still really young but she’s got extremely long pistils and a very unique scent (I suck at smells since Covid, but this one even I can smell…but can’t put a name on it!). Thanks Bobby!

@Jimdoors shared a long-winded-named plant that we’ve rechristened as Durban Venom I think I only have 2 of these in the Upper Greenhouse and one more very lightly-seeded plant down in the Lemon Grove. Seeing these two, I really wish I had kept more pollen to re-dust. I’m looking forward to trying out all these Sativa types this year, the first I’ve gone heavy on them…thanks to all my OG buddies! Thanks guys! :pray:

Got a couple of these Old Silver Thai scattered about the place.

And here’s a few ‘odds & ends’

@Roms sent me this Red Thai from his friend “Purple Cloud’s” from his Zen House Gardens seedbank

@Budderton Whole bunch more of these still in Solo’s, but put in a couple earlier…

This Pesh looks to me like she wants to go back into veg @Upstate What do you think buddy? The Original Haze re-vegged clones are also doing the same thing right now. :cry:

One of the next generation (there’s shitloads!) coming on.

The one Mac1 x AVC that germinated a few weeks after all the others, and consequently got transplanted uP into a 15 gallon bag, is chunking up fast now. I’ve got the Hurricane Fan blowin’ hard on her night and day trying to keep her from molding. May have to take her down soon.

I think today was the very first day that I didn’t see one single whitefly in the E&F tables, and I ran my fingers through every plant twice! Unfortunately, I think that’s because they discovered the Mexican’s next door! Had to chop a bunch of top cola’s in the back that were just too heavily infested. More Bro-Science, I took 'em home and did a budwash and to be honest, they don’t look too bad! We’ll see tomorrow.

Okay, I got beans soaking that want to be in plugs and plugs that want to be in Solo’s so I better get back to it! Thanks for dropping in again! Alohahaha!

16 Likes

That’s some crazy RH over there.
Awesome pictures again.

8 Likes

Massive, as always TL!! I’m loving the more “sativa” selections you’ve got going. They seem right at home.
The day length calculator says you’re at 12:17 of daylight. To me, it’s interesting that it’s enough daylight to send the O Haze back into veg. Probably has something to do with each day getting a little longer as you move towards the equinox. Nature is awesome!
Anyhow, continued success and I hope the rh stays low and the botrytis buggers off!
:v::grin::canada:

10 Likes

A couple very early daze shots of the Purple pistils on the Durban Venom from @Jimdoors

Just beauties! I very lightly seeded this one out. Gonna be fun to watch! (and smoke!) :rofl:

11 Likes

Got too busy last night to post…

I’m actually enjoying the fact that we’re getting a lot of areas cleaned out for the first time in months! Of course there’s a bit more than merely chopping plants to be done, cleaning used pots and re-amending LS mix is gonna keep ‘somebody’ busy for a while! Everywhere I look there’s stacks of 3 gallon pots awaiting.

The first of the Powie Wowie @BobbyBudz have dried! Went into the Grove Bags last night… (along with a few other strains). Not bad for 3 months from germination!
Thanks Bobby!

And a Powie Pineapple

Mac1 x AVC top bud

One of the Old Silver Thai @Upstate

The Upper greenhouse was gettiong too crowded for any new 15 gallon bags…and there are a lot of 3 galloner’s just itching to get into bigger homes.

and those old Original Haze clones that revegged were looking rather ‘iffy’ to me…spotted some ant activity and sure enough found they’d started carrying mealy bugs…not to mention seeing whitefly starting up on them! Quickly cleaned out an area of one of the nearby old dilapidated greenhouses and moved 'em out.

Okay, I see some of the new Powie Poison’s have popped up and a couple more Mac1 x AVC so into the Solo’s they go…and the 3 Afgoo (another ‘gift’ from Bobby Budz) have tails and need to go into plugs. I better get to it before the crew shows up in half an hour! Hope ya’ll have a great day! Thanks for droppin’ in!

11 Likes

What a difference legal makes! 25 years in, first year legally. My balls have become enormous, within legal limits that is!

5 Likes

I started typing a couple days back and never finished. Hard to tell if Peshawar is revegging in the big photo, but the closeup shows her forming budsites getting ready to make a big cola from the looks of it. . Are you seeing new leafy growth?
Lengthening days may change that though.

4 Likes

@Upstate No new ‘leafy’ growth but lots of single-bladed growth and stretching internode distance. The O. Haze did the same thing a few days earlier. The good news is there are a lot more of these a few weeks younger that never started to flower yet! Last night I thought I might be seeing the first pistil emerging on one of the Old Silver Thai plants…nothing on the rest of them yet. It’s always a risk putting 'em in at the end of short season…but I just can’t stop! :crazy_face: And sometimes I get lucky! Worth the risk!

8 Likes