First time in about 15 years

Ok so i grew years and years ago. The stuff on the market now is amazing lol well let’s see how it goes. Was given some gsc clones in dirt that i washed and put in dwc. Res is 10 gallons normal volume but will hold 17.

this was at planting. Res at 12gal to submerge the bottom of the pots until roots show. after 7 days. I can put one more in that res and have another ready. Now I have a dilemma do I cut clones off mom and start 4 more or cut a clone from mom and flower all 3 since i have a ton of new seeds now. Want to get the gorilla glue and blue dream started lol

9 Likes

If your seeds are fem then you wont have to wait until they show sex, in which case I wouldn’t bother with more clones unless you dont want to lose the genetics of that plant.

If your seeds are not feminized, you may find that you will miss your new start time slot, waiting on the plants to show sex, so I would take clones for back up in case they are all male.

3 Likes

3 strains fem gorilla glue, blue dream and mk ultra then 3 more that are reg bubba kush, mazar, and catfish destroyer. A friend has the second batch and aready started 2 off each. Same place my clones came from and he wants me to pick up 2 more to give him room for the new ones since my room is almost empty right now. I can always get clones of those 3 Damn near any time. Thinking flower these and 3 weeks before finish that should be enough time to start new seeds and get them in net pots and cloned to fill all 6 sites in flower

2 Likes

3 weeks is pushing it for me to get a seedling ready for taking clones more like 6-8 weeks depending on strain and how many clones you want. Takes me 4 weeks to get a seedling to 6-7 nodes high, I normally start my seeds as I put my next batch into flower, allows for fuck ups, and seeds not germinating. I grow in soil so I don’t have to get too on point with timing.

2 Likes

I’m running dwc and really don’t have much of a veg space but my buddy just offered me a 600w led so i may get that and remodel my closet lol. I’m waiting on starting the expensive seeds until i remember how i used to start them in rockwool as i just killed 4 seedlings letting them dry out. Worried about leaving the cubes in solution for fear of killing them.

1 Like

Yeah starting seeds, and getting through the first couple of weeks is the most hazardous time for me in a grow cycle.

1 Like

At $10 seed I’m gonna practice on some bag seed lol then give the seedlings to my cousin because he wants to put some outdoors lol

1 Like

Update 48 hrs after flip

was doing some trimming and noticed some odd leaves is this something to be concerned about? Only a couple like that. I’m up to 5 in the flower tent as a friend gave me 2 he didn’t have room for so more for me lol i could fit one or 2 more in there but… Sadly i have dwc and soil in the same tent lol the gifts are in soil and to big to wash the roots. Wondering what the difference in yield will be being as the 2 i put in dwc were half the size of the 3rd i was given and have outgrown their sister in dirt

3 Likes

No I see lots of leaf deformation, sometimes topping or fimming the plants can cause it, sometimes they just want to be different lol.

dwc 10 days after flip this one was a gift from a friend also 10 days but in dirt

3 Likes

Looking good, don’t know the size of your room/tent how’s the heat with the HPS light.

It’s a 4x4 tent with a 1000w hps in an air cooled hood. Have a 6in inline drawing through the light with 2 6in and 2 4in ducts in the openings of the tent to get air in. Lights on I’m in the low 80s lights off low 70s. Thinking of adding a small window unit to that room and get lights off temps down into the high 60s and hopefully keep lights on in the 70s

1 Like

Youre doing well already keeping a 1K light around the low 80s
A small window aircon 500 watts will keep keep it very low.

1 Like

Well i guess i need to update this a little better if I want people to look huh lol. Day 19 since flip only day 30 since rooted. On the left dwc on the right some in dirt that were given to me. All the same age.

one of the dirt girls is having a problem that I’m stumped on so any help its appreciated. Only one in the garden doing this same feed same ageanother of the dwc girls. Getting hard to get to the res may have to look into turning this into a rdwc soon

2 Likes