FishWhistler’s Log

Out with the old.

In with the new.

Planted 20 total seeds : 5x OG Kush Fems from Humboldt Seed Company, 6x Gelato #33 the state gave my local grow shop to hand out lol, 2x Blood Diamonds by Lit Farms, 8x Durban Skunk (Mark from Strainly i am sorry :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) .

1/2 of the seeds were watered with just chlorine filtered, pH’d water (3 gal. pH’ed).

Other 1/2 had soil treated with a few things to compare. (PER GAL 1/8tsp Q, 1tsp Mycrobe Complete, 1/4tsp Big 6, 1/4tsp Aloe, 1tsp PPD, 5mL Enzyme Elixir, added free sample bag of biochar)

Moistened soil with the pH’ed water, it was very dry. (Same premix from local store)

Testing out ACInfinity auto watering pot for shits and giggles. I’ve had it sitting around for a while.

Traps all clean, PPFD is the slightest bit below 150, under the domes, on top of soil. Tent temps hovering around 77-79, Humidty at 75%. 2x 6" clip fans on setting 2/10. Please feel free to recommend different conditions, these are just what I THINK (lol) will work for me. I am very open to any tips!

Todays Jams.

4 Likes

We have life! 3/5 of the OG Kush fems from Humboldt popped so far. I cracked the dome vents 1/2 way open and lowered rh to 72. I’ll check on everything tomorrow morning and see if there’s any more.

3 Likes

Nice! Some cool stuff for sure, looking forward to the results. Wish my province/country gave me gelato 33 beans! Bonus

1 Like

@TopShelfTrees1 Definitely a weird move, feels like some sort of twisted peace offering lol. I think I remember reading in some old threads that you’re a big fan of Bubba? If I’m remembering correctly, do you have any recommendations for somewhere to get some good Bubba seeds?

2 Likes

CSI Humboldt 100% two great options. There’s a bubba s1 and a katsu Bubba x bubba cross I really wanna get too. Plus if you order direct from CSI OH THE FREEBIES YOU WILL RECEIVE! Tell Caleb Top Shelf (Lucas) sent ya

2 Likes

Thank you @TopShelfTrees1! I was eyeing up his TK S1’s, it might be time to pull the trigger on both haha.

1 Like

Absolutely epic choice! Those two wete no joke both on my first order. And I promise you you’ll get a TON of freebies all related to TK and Bubba PLUS the whack of 3 and 5 packs he also tosses it’s unreal and makes it so justifiable EVERY SINGLE TIME!

2 Likes

Looks like 19/22 seeds are up so far. I’ll get some pictures up tomorrow.

1 Like

21/22 for germination, nothin to complain about there. Now I just have to keep them alive lol. I’m already noticing some are purpling on the stems, am I wrong in thinking this is usually a bad sign? Just gave them some water, they were pretty dry.
Temps 72-76, RH pinned at 70 but I think I might drop to 65 to keep VPD in check.

3 Likes

Just thought I’d share these new pots I got. I found some 1/4 gallon fabric pots online I’m super pumped to try some seeds in them next round. I also got some 1/2 gallon to try side by side. I got a skinny tall version of the 1/4 gallon as well.

4 Likes

Nice! Now I want some too!

2 Likes

Plants lookin goooood, leaf temps are ~73.5-75.5 (measured with ir gun), rh pinned at 65. Feelin good so far, takin it slow and steady. Plants are getting pretty dry. I will water before I go to bed tonight, I’m trying to keep them a little on the drier side to promote root growth. They do look a little stretched, I’m thinking I will start with my PPFD closer to 175 instead of 150 next run. Also the last seed popped, 22/22 on germ!

Side note, my guy supposedly has AJ’s cut of Sour Diesel for $300 a zip. Would you buy?

2 Likes

Looks pretty good, 300 bones though seems nuts to me

2 Likes

The black market around me can be pretty insane price wise. It is not uncommon to see $60-70 for an 1/8 and it tops out in the 400’s for ounces. It’s fucking insane and most of it is just poly hybrid overbred garbage that you have never even heard of. Dispensaries are wayyy cheaper just lack the quality for sure. Truly special flower is hard to come by.

1 Like

That’s insane. Man I need to come out there !

1 Like

Update time! Not to much going on, plants growin slowly but surely. They seemed to have stopped stretching and I think they have grown into the light, so I’m going to leave the light/PPFD where it’s at for now. I bottom watered with RO water mixed with a little filtered water, 20 minutes in the water.

I’m seeing some taproots on the bottom of the pots.

2 plants have a little bit of necrosis going on in the tips(Blood Diamond). Some of the plants are a little “puffy” looking (Durban Skunk - overwatering?). And some are lookin alright (OG). Side note, sticky traps and long hair do not mix lol.

Family photo lol, also triple cotyledon on one of the Blood Diamonds from Lit Farms. Off to play some pool and have some drinks :grin:

8 Likes

Those sticky traps ALWAYS get me! Always, ugh I know the feels :laughing:

2 Likes

They might be worse than gettin fuckin dabs stuck in your hair hahaha. Hope you’re doin well man happy growin :smile: Might try and get some fishin in tomorrow if the weather breaks

1 Like

Doing pretty well thank you :pray:t3: oh nice ! Hope you slay em! Have a blast

1 Like

Picked up some pretty ladies yesterday :heart_eyes:
First is Calm glass signed 2010 and the second is a Higgins Glass, both 18mm gorgeous wig wag work. I’m saving these until I can smoke some of my own flower out of them. Haven’t picked up new glass in a while now I’m re-addicted lol. Plants are looking good and chuggin along. I’ll get some pictures and a better update up later.

6 Likes