Flower Rosin or Hash rosin

The vacuum sealed buds did get crushed but I noticed a much nicer smell coming out of the bag than I did with the ziplock bags.

For the sake of preserving volatile compounds, why would you not want to vacuum seal them?

Trick is to achieve the right amount of pressure so the material doesn’t compress & you end up crushing and destroying what you were trying to keep intact in the first place.

Ideally you’d want to vacuum seal, blast chill, run your extraction and then freeze dry in a lab or environmentally controlled space.

1 Like

For me, it comes down to strain and how much I’m playing with
Less than 1lb and it’s flower rosin. More and the right strain, it’s getting washed…

1 Like

around here the dream would be to have a lyophilizer for practicality, but I keep making my trimming hash and the rosin I make with flowers
To keep the terpenes I freeze and drain in Frost Free, it keeps the color And also the terpenes, it depends a lot on genetics for that, right?

Ice hash made with trimming

flower rosin

3 Likes

That’s great looking rosin.
I won a press here on OG awhile back, just got around to digging it out and playing with it.
I watched some youtube vids where folks have rosin sorta dripping/oozing down the parchment paper. I filled a bag, put it in parchment, pressed it for about 10mins…scraped 2-3 drops off the parchment.
Tried again with some flower that was more damp…same thing. I have 102 micron and 90 micron, tried one of each…nuttin.

I think I’m just going to keep making budda and caramels :slight_smile:

Yeah it is very strain dependant when it comes to making flower rosin. Also how the flower has been kept. If it dries right out and then re humidified then some strains seem to hold on to the resin. Perhaps the plant matter becomes stiffer and does not compress as much or something. If I re humidify material then I keep it in a jar with a meter and a Boveda. Once it shows as the right humidity (62%) I leave it in there for another week at least with the Boveda to make sure it is humidified right to the centre of the buds.

To me, hash rosin tastes more filtered and less like the flower than flower rosin. It’s cleaner, but lacks something. Still dig it, but not as flower tasting.
Other hand, flower rosin is sooo much messier. Makes a mess in the banger and vape devices.