Foreigner Goes Legal

6 Likes

OH NO! NOT THE :honeybee: :honeybee: :honeybee: AGAIN!

3 Likes

2 Likes

Cuttlefeed update

So itā€™s sort of working. Two of the arms are dampening the pots. The other two not so much. I think itā€™s a question of distance. Theyā€™re too long. I also think that one with the knot is having issues because of the knot. And having the arms bow down isnā€™t helping the gravity feed.

So Iā€™ve shortened up the length and tried to make the arms more gravity friendly.

It looked like this:

Now it look like this:

If this doesnā€™t work Iā€™ll need to rethink things pretty fast and go buy some Promix and transplant and etc etc. Itā€™ll be fine.

Day of rest. Pshaw.

12 Likes

you donā€™t happen to have:

1x 7 day timer
1x water pump
1x manifold
1x roll of 1/4" hose
1x bucket

?

3 Likes

Everything except the manifold but I could probably rig something up with some Ts.

Really the move is to uppot. It has to happen anyway. Soaking that will buy me some time and putting the pots in a tray of water should do the trick.

3 Likes

IF youā€™re gonna up pot you can also buy some dog pee pads and tear out the innerworks and mix it in the the new soil. Itā€™ll swell holding a LOT of water allowing it to release slowly as the plant pulls it.

the stuff is sodium polyacrylate polymeric hydrogel and itā€™s been tested for water retention in soils at very dry locations.

Hereā€™s a short study where a guy uses an onion as his test plant. Both the growth and PH are effected in positive ways.

https://www.globe.gov/documents/10157/9909e789-373c-4fe8-8449-d8e8f30e7dff

:+1:

5 Likes

I remember we used to use this gel stuff to mix in the soil and it would absorb water and swell up, held like 400X its weight in waterā€¦

2 Likes

So Iā€™ve mentioned Iā€™m going to Mexico for a milestone birthday for Mrs Foreigner. Itā€™s not until December but sheā€™s asked me to be in charge of basic decorations.

Big mistake:

Iā€™m hoping I go out today so I can swing by the Canadian tire as a twofer. I donā€™t want to go just there.

6 Likes

Hola @Foreigner

Canā€™t you just used 2 liter bottle
upside down in your pot. Just like
a bird feeder.

Bare

3 Likes

I have these:

But the extra 2L of volume I donā€™t think will be sufficient. Iā€™ll need at least a gallon or two in reserve for each plant, especially if it gets super hot which I think it will.

Also, while Iā€™ve got you here, do you have any more of the g1388hp? I know it was a long time ago but I think it makes for excellent breeding stock. Iā€™d like to make a Thai hybrid with some.

2 Likes

Mochtest du sehen mein anlage gehen? Ich habe ein bisschen problem mit wasser aber ich denke es eine Klein problemā€¦

Practice, in any way possibleā€¦

1 Like

I feel like it would wick better from a bus bin thatā€™s elevated more, dunno.

Home Depot should have Orbit manifolds for $15. Would also need 1/2" tube and 1/2" barb adapter for the manifold and maybe the pump too.

1 Like

If what Iā€™m doing now doesnā€™t work my next step is to raise the bucket and see what happens.

I found a 400gph pump in my odds and ends bin :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah do it! Iā€™m keen to see if you can get this working! I always need an easy solution for weekends away :grin::+1::beers:

1 Like

Well, the plants wonā€™t dry out and your place wonā€™t burn down.

2 Likes

I also found an endoscope and I thought about using them together as a business opportunity but Iā€™m not going to say any more.

4 Likes

Any updates on the wick situation?..or the endoscope thing?..asking for a friendā€¦ :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

I am seeing very limited banter in this thread. Whatā€™s going on? That endoscope doesnā€™t go in there. :open_mouth:

1 Like

As for me, Iā€™ve been an admirer and fan of the artfulness and multidimensionality of the humorous banter several of you guys throw back and forth. High quality stuff, imo. Case in point, the innuendo and coy distraction above. Cracked me up such that I promptly posted a reply in kind. Amusing myself anyway.
Then I thought. Bro, these guys donā€™t know you, and youā€™ve never said boo on this thread. And you KNOW your humor is irreverent af and discretion is advised in loosening itā€™s tethers. The internal dialogue.
Thereafter, the sad withdrawal. :joy:

2 Likes