fr0g_D's Grow Diary - Brian Berry Mountain Menthol, Sweet Tooth #4

If you saw the pile of stops I took from out of there you’d think otherwise. They’re on the mend though. Thanks for the kind words.

2 Likes

Amen! I’ve been researching super soils all morning. I’m sure I can adjust to coco and dial it in but a “nothing but water” grow sounds good to me right now! I’m finding that all of the claims of the soils lasting for the whole grow are questionable. I’m with you. Peace…

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I’ve been running this one. It’s a good, simple start for a new organic grower.

Base Mix
7.5 gallons of peat moss
4.5 gallons of perlite
3 gallons of fresh EWC
2.5 cups of dolomite lime

Ammend with
2 cups bone meal
1 cup blood meal
1 cup kelp meal
1 cup greensand (optional)

Moat of the stuff can be found at Home Depot.

6 Likes

Funny you should mention that. I was talking to a sales rep for Build•a•Soil and they recommend running in no smaller than a 15 gallon pot if you want the true water only experience.

2 Likes

Thanks @ReikoX. My only concern is having to buy the ingredients in the quantities it is offered and being left with a bunch of stuff that sits. Was that your initial experience? Peace…

1 Like

Not really more than two batches. This recipe worked just fine in 3-gallon pots yielding somewhere around 0.75 gpw.

2 Likes

What, if any amendments did you add during the Grow? Flower nutes etc? Thanks for your time brother. It’s one of those “teach an old dog old tricks”
thing. One Love…

2 Likes

RO water only the whole grow bro…

7 Likes

Yesssir! I want on board for sure. I’m going to HD and Lowe’s to check it out. No flower nutes or boosters? You da man! What “base” soil do you begin with? Thanks for the inspiration bro!

Guess who got Mom Mail today! That’s right, this guy.

Thanks to everyone involved for making it happen.

Ya’ll be good to one another,

fr0g_D

6 Likes

Brian Berry Mountain Menthol from the underside.

7 Likes

Trich’s on the fan leafs? Is that what I’m seeing?

2 Likes

Yes sir those are trichs. They look like fringe.

3 Likes

Very nice to see that. Nice pheno.

2 Likes

I almost never take lights off flash pics but I did tonight.

Ya’ll be good to one another.

fr0g_D

5 Likes

Looking yummy 20202020

3 Likes

Thanks man, they are coming along nicely, even after all the hardships they’ve endured.

Both strains run 8-9 weeks so they’ll be starting the flush come the first of the month. It’s been a minute since I ran salt based nutes and I want to make sure they get niiiice and tasty before the chop so I plan to give them 3 weeks of just good clean water. It’s about to get colorful in here!

3 Likes

Last update before the flush starts tomorrow. I’m super stoked to see what kind of colors these ladies will show when that kicks in.

Brian Berry Mountain Menthol 1 is the prettier of the two covered in trichs and loaded with little grenade style buds.

Brian Berry Mountain Menthol 3 has the tiniest buds but smells the most of eucalyptol she’s closing in on BBMM 1 for the most trichomes and may surpass her. I wonder what would have happened with her had I not let them get out of hand. Never fear there are clones for another run.

Sweet Tooth #4 - 1 is my favorite of the Sweet Teeth she’s short in stature and the most trich loaded of the Sweet Teeth.

Sweet Tooth #4 - 2 smells the most like the ST3 of yesteryear sweet pink grapefruit all day long.

This shit is about to get really good, I can’t wait to see how the next 20ish or so days go. I hope you all are enjoying the show.

Ya’ll be good to one another,

fr0g_D

7 Likes

The last time I ran salt based nutrients was GH 3 part using the lucas formula and I would flush for a couple weeks and it never quite seemed enough so I was thinking 3 weeks with this stuff. We have a state sales rep for Cogo’s and after making the previous post here last night I contacted him, I woke up to a message from him this morning telling me 5 days would be plenty. I’m real curious to know what do you guys think about that opinion?

2 Likes

I have flushed for 2 weeks, I’ve flushed for 5 days, I’ve not flushed at all. I can’t tell any difference. Only time I flush now is to remove excess salt from the medium. Peace…

4 Likes