Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (Part 16)

I sure will @DougDawson and thank you, got 2 weeks B4 I start the process so see what happens, hope they turn out ok, want to start giving back to all the OGers when I needed the help, I’m so excited for this, again thank you @DougDawson for this opportunity to do so

6 Likes

Hell ya! Glad there is some continued data to support the success of the method, appears u landed about 90% accuracy as well. Makes all those days being called crazy for thinking there’s merit to it totally worth it! Rock on :metal:

2 Likes

As a relatively inexperienced hobby grower, it’s funny to me to hear you say “only 5 out of 50+ were males.” While I don’t expect it, I’d love it if every one of the regular seeds I have is female! :joy: :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Package has been recieved my friend! Thank you again, gonna get these goin in my next seed waterboarding session :call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Trying to make Fem beans soon, so stay tuned haha

It is an absolute nightmare every year for me.
I basically only have reg beans, and if I want to try like 5 different crosses that year, I need to start at least 3 of each if more in hope that I have at least on lady.
But finding a male after weeks of taking care of him and using up soil and nutes is always such a let down. Expessially if the structure looked nice and I was really liking the way the plant looked.

So. Yeah I’m gonna try and make some Fems this year haha 5 seeds, 5 bud harvests. Done.

4 Likes

Product Giveaway.

7 Likes

There are some other things you can do to help increase female rate as well. But if you want to know, send me a message so I dont take over the thread haha

3 Likes

Awesome !
Thank you @Ris :raised_hands::green_heart::pray:

1 Like

look at them babies gettin goin! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

May wanna “pop” into the identifying gender from seed thread, shows the guidelines to look for in there and would give u something to experiment with :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d be interested in hearing what u might be suggesting, not sure I agree with the environment dictating it cuz the science we know with chromosomes being clear of xx(female) and xy(male) which is typically predetermined at pollination with the y chromosome being present or not and why we have been able to go off seed shape as a physical characteristic of either male or female. That’s why feminizing works cuz we’re taking plants that never had the y chromosome and making them reproduce to create all xx offspring. If a seed is xy then I’m unclear how u can sway it to drop that y chromosome in it’s genetics so it’s a female or somehow gain the y to be a male. Should be decided when pollen landed on that flower

2 Likes

Ive heard the plants can be either or for the first two weeks before they decide on sex. Have no idea if that’s true or not, but have read it in several report, and even found a couple of studies done to check. They had results, but again, who’s to know if it was a female at time of pollination anyway and they just got lucky. I use the methods anyway as it dosnt hurt, and over the years I have had a ton of “luck” and rarely find a male. Maybe one out of every 13 or so seeds I start. 🤷

1 Like

Well happy to check out any info u have on the subject if u don’t mind dropping some in my inbox! Doesn’t mean I may be sold on it but never hurts to play around with to see if I can find any personal merit to it :slight_smile: especially if u feel like u have had some good success with it

2 Likes

Oh sweet ! I’m excited for you :grin:

Have you decided what you are going to create ?!
Please tell me haha

2 Likes

thank you for this opportunity,

regards,

1 Like

Holy freaking smokes.
I have been trying and trying and trying for this pollen ever since you have offered it out @DougDawson
This will be my very first time ever trying to make some seeds and I owe to you sir.
Wow wow wow wow.
Super super excited about this win.
Thank you thank you thank you :pray::pray::+1::+1:

10 Likes

Yeah it will be the blue kush pollen from @DougDawson and the mother is godfather og, hope it works

4 Likes

That’s sounds awesome haha
Godfather was supposed to be the strongest strain on earth if I recall… Did you start her from seed or a keeper ?
Either way, that is gonna be an amazing cross !

Sending good vibes to you and your girls :raised_hands:

And please keep me updated on your progress.

:v::green_heart:

2 Likes

A friend gave me a cut after he picked a keeper out of 7 he had and thank you @HappyTrees23s I hope it turns out , want to pass on to OGers . Hope it works out for me in doing so, OGers helped me when in need, so thought it would be awesome to give back, so what would the beans be like a f1 or something if so then I want to recross the seeds again for f2 I think it’s how it works, lol trying to learn it i took the cut and made a mother for clones

1 Like

Yup exactly !
The first initial cross would make your F1s

Then if you crossed two F1s together you get F2s and so on.

If you reverse an F1 seed plant and pollinate HERSELF her seeds would be S1s

And if you reverse an F1 plant and pollinate a SEPARATE F1 plant, you will get F2 Feminized seeds.

But the initial seeds you get from crossing two separate strains will give you F1s

8 Likes