Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (Part 16)

Thanks for yet another shot, @DougDawson!

Running out of likes again and again this morning.

1 Like

You are probably correct on that one I tap on the red pen in the upper right corner add the next numbers put @OhNo555🇺🇸 the tap edit wiki? What am I doing wrong if it tells me I can’t do it or someone else is in the process I wait till it looks like all is clear and I get no error messages when I have gotten the error message I choose the option to abandon and try later please help me out here what am I missing. During this process?

Thanks for the chance @Tracker !

Oops, checked my spreadsheet and I’ve already got this one. I took my name off :+1:t2:

1 Like

You’re good, but you need to put a space between your username and your flag. I fixed that for you in a wiki over the weekend but never mentioned it. TBF I don’t think it does anything terrible other than make your @OhNo555 not work correctly.

Just as an example, you at’d yourself in your post but it isn’t an active at because of the lack of a space.

2 Likes

Thank you for the help still try to learn this system and web site.

3 Likes

You can’t wait, if you get an error just cancel and start new. Leaving your edit open will overwrite someone when you save.

6 Likes

Thanks I will remember to leave a space after @OhNo555 :us: so is that what they are looking for and all is good?

4 Likes

You got it!

2 Likes

If it gives you an error or a warning you must CANCEL the edit.
If you don’t you will overwrite someone else edit. That messes things up, and the OP has to go through all the edits to see where something went wrong to correct it.

You can’t wait for it to go away either. You need to completely back out by canceling, and then wait a sec and try again.

Maybe the reason I was not understanding is I was doing this from my iPhone and on the computer it must look different? I will try and log in from my laptop to see if it looks different. My red pencils to edit show up in the top right corner not the bottom on my phone and the wiki edit shows on the Lower left at bottom after I add the next number and my name and tap edit then it appears. Could this possibly be the reason?

This is how I feel entering the pollen giveaway everyday @DougDawson
one of these days haha
mOnqpbrfqPXnciU-400x400-noPad

10 Likes

You want to click the non red one.
And it is different on the computer, I know.

1 Like

Maybe there should be more clarification in the instructions as I did not see that mentioned at all. Good to know that now. :sunglasses::joy:

One edit is to see the wikis edit history, and the other is the one you want to add a number and your name to.

1 Like

There are detailed instructions with pics somewhere. And after you do it once, you’ll never think about it again

2 Likes

Also keep in mind that most of these giveaway wikis are open for a day or so… there isn’t usually a huge rush to get signed up. If you see an overwrite warning, cancel your edit, wait a few minutes, then go back in to edit.

6 Likes

I was just noticing, I see a LOT of empty spaces, and I never noticed that before. Is that because people are just adding their favorite number or something like that? Thought it was sposed to go in order, sequentially. Looks kinda willy-nilly in more than one wiki. What is going on? New rules?
And if the wiki number generator chooses an spot?
Perhaps I’m just a huckleberry beneath a persimmon, and need to worry about real stuff. :thinking:

5 Likes

Yes, some people put in their favorite number, making gaps in the signup. No rules against that though.
In 24 hours all gaps will be filled w names of people like me, who don’t care at all what number we get. .

6 Likes

It’s always been this way for every single wiki I have ever seen or signed up for. Welcome to OG! :joy:

5 Likes

Lol, yup! :laughing:
@PioneerValleyOG you must be smoking some good stuff :rofl:

4 Likes