Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (Part 16)

Thanks @DougDawson
They allready waiting. I switch them to 12/12 few days ago

6 Likes

Congrats @Tuned . Thanks for another shot at this pollen @DougDawson .

4 Likes

Thanks @DougDawson for more of your magic blue dust!

3 Likes

Big congratulations, @Tuned! A big pollinating win!

And thank you, @DougDawson, for pollinating these great games!!

Good luck to all entrants!

Good ol’ number 2! And, as always, if I win I will be gifting my win to another OG. I like the idea of someone getting two chances.

4 Likes

Thank you so much!! @DougDawson
Ive never attempted making seeds with pollen so now i have some research to do. Should be able to find everything i need to know on this site. :+1:

7 Likes

Nothing too it @tuned. Qtip a small dusting of pollen onto a bud site with good developed pistils and in a couple of days those pistils will turn brown and recede. Some folks do a couple dustings. Just be careful. A grain of pollen is smaller then the human eye can see so a little goes a very long way and it’s easily spread around.

10 Likes

I like to use a garbage bag tarp over the rest of the plant while doing small scale pollination.

Pretty straightforward. Just try to find a dead air space (turn off hvac) and just be careful.

Nothing to it.

Oh and real qtips work very well but the generic ones are shit :+1:

4 Likes

Be careful… it will become very addicting.
You start with a few seeds and a pack of pollen in the fridge, and one day you wake up with 30 packs of pollen and 100 different cross ideas written down on a pice of paper in your grow room. Lol

This site is FULL of information.
So many public Grows and Seed Runs, you’ll never run out of threads to read.

It’s all up to how deep down the rabbit hole you want to go.

You can just stick to chuckin pollen on a few females, or start learning about phenos, breeding to bring out recessive traits, gene pairing, and back crossing.
It was a beautiful, and mind opening journey for me. Still is ! So much more I want, need to learn. Cannabis is such a beautiful and unique plant. The more I find out about her the more I love her.
Used to be I just loved to get high, but I now love the plant because of how she is and what she can do.

Anyway, sorry…to much coffee this morning haha
If you want I can suggest a few books to you if you want. I learned a great deal form them.

17 Likes

Thanks all for the info and encouragement!
I will probably start with pollinating some of my outdoor plants this summer. The plants i have indoors now are too mature i think (week 15 of flower).
It will be nice to have my own seeds and not have to buy them.

2 Likes

My buddy bought cheap generic Qtips and didn’t realize the sticks were plastic…he’ll never use that quartz banger again.

4 Likes

Week 15 :raised_hands: damn haha
Please tell me what your growing. I love Sativas

2 Likes

Ace Malawi
3 plants in 4x4 tent. Its been a challenge :grimacing:
But fun at the same time.

3 Likes

(I did the same thing in a 2x4 :joy:)

A crazy jungle, man.

2 Likes

:flushed: 3 in a 4x4 ! Oh man. You must have been busy haha
I’m
It will be worth it most definitely.
Never had the chance to try her, but I have definitely fought the same fight you have with some ACE sativa beans. I too had to convince some very large ladies to fit in my tent before haha

1 Like

March 10

13 Likes

Congratulations @Tuned, another thing, take the plant out of your flower room/tent and out of the fan or more than likely you’ll dust everything. :+1:t2::peace_symbol:

2 Likes

You’re awesome bud. :slightly_smiling_face:

BKP here I come! :crazy_face::crossed_fingers:

:v::heart:

1 Like

Me. That was me :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I just did a giveaway over on @shag’s island and he won the grand prize with his number 1 spot lol

2 Likes

I have also heard that dusting the pistols that grow closer to the stalk make for better beans, as opposed to top buds. How true this is I have not been able to test yet, but it came from a reliable source.

4 Likes