Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (Part 9)

He is right * The concept of pureline was proposed by Johannsen on the basis of his studies with beans (Phaseolus vulgaris) variety called Princess. He obtained the seeds from the market and observed that the lot consisted of a mixture of larger as well as smaller size seeds. Thus there was variation in seed size. Johannsen selected seeds of different sizes and grown them individually. Progenies of larger seeds produced larger seeds and progenies from smaller seeds produced small seeds only.

I mant Growrob

Botany
Willhelm Johannson

1 Like

So I have an A) and B) and both were dropped by different people… how do we do this guys?

dang he threw you guys a tough one lol

Correct answer Wilhelm Johannsen (A)
Original specimens were of the Princes Variety/Cultivar (B)

2 Likes

Im not in this cos i dont live in US

growrob had it

LOL, me neither but we can’t Overgrow the world by focusing on a tiny part of it :slight_smile: Plenty of seeds flying around the world.

7 Likes

@BeanBush takes it yes! Sorry!

3 Likes

All good i dont like weed anyway :laughing: Jk

1 Like

So true @DougDawson… just doing what I can for now… but we’ll get there.

4 Likes

Getting a seed into another growers hand is a great accomplishment. You are doing amazing bud, keep being you. Nothing but positive vibes coming your way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let me apologize for only offering my seeds to US and Canada only. I only do that because and I will be honest I can not get anything outside North America without it arriving at its final destination as dust or not show up at all. If you have a friend in either country that can send it for you I would be happy to send it to them. I do hate to limit who I send then to but I would rather they get to somewhere I know they can vs. what I know they are not.

4 Likes

Yeah i get it and there is no problem I should have read the whole thread

it’s a great feeling to get seeds, but it’s also a great feeling for people to grow out the seeds you send them. both wins in my book.

4 Likes

Brother, never apologize for being amazing. Send out them seeds, doesn’t matter who too.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. It just disappointing for me to limit what I can send and where.

I do have question tho, maybe not for this thread but sort of relevant; Do US seedbanks shipping to outside also have that problem (pulverised seeds)?

2 Likes

They are all going to be running that risk it seems.

2 Likes