Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 2 (Part 1)

My wife insisted that I had the blurples set too far from the canopy but I was just going by feeling how warm it was on my hand. They came with 0 instructions.
Your lights look closer than I was though.
Maybe I was just too :rooster:

1 Like

Think the wife may have a point :wink:

I find my blurple has decent power like right under it. But the spread is garbage. Having a tight box that fits the light pretty well adds alot of power relative to when I ran this same exact light out in the open closet.

1 Like

A cheap lux meter has helped me firgure out my lights sweet spots, it was a great help. I will link mine in a moment.

3 Likes

Dr.meter Professional LED Light… https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07LF4BT8V?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

4 Likes

THAT makes total sense. Mine were in the big room so any light that did go wide wasn’t redirected into the plants.
Ok. I’ll start with the blurples as soon as I flip my current grow.
I’m just chewing at the bit to get this next set of beans going!
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Dr.meter Professional LED Light… https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07LF4BT8V?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

8 Likes

It should be noted that those meters dont measure the whole spectrum but rather the visible to humans spectrum. Dont get me wrong, they have their use but dont technically give accurate readings for grow lights. Not trying to discourage, just thought its worth mentioning.

5 Likes

I use a lux app from my phone, put those readings into the DLI formula, to find the rough estimates of much light is being given. Its not perfect, but it works for me for now. Still working on it though.

1 Like

That’s a better design than mine (the older orange unit with the semi-useless curly cord :laughing:)

Cheers
G

3 Likes

The Photone app gives a pretty far reading for PPFD

2 Likes

Have you tried the LED light bulbs. They give more light. A couple people on here kill 3x3 areas with these and vanity light panels!

I use the LED bulbs on a 5 bulb holder and it works great!

5 Likes

Thanks @MidwestMover .
I’m going to put one together to try it anyway and, yes, I am going with the clear 100w LED bulbs. I’m thinking seven or eight bulbs on a diy bar.
If nothing else, it’ll be a great light for my shop.

4 Likes

I’m sure it ain’t perfect but it’s more accurate than my guesses. I’ve had pretty good results. Obviously let the plant tell you if it wants more or less. But this is a great starting point. I really like it for setting plants at different heights so I can determine what they are getting where they are.

Edit. Extra useful for getting use to new lights. That’s why I bought it.

1 Like

I seen yours but this one looked easier to use. Bought that brand though because you did :slight_smile:

1 Like

Packages going out, today! :partying_face:

@DougDawson @kushdaddy @Gugumelo @MyrtleGrounds @ShiskaberrySavior @allotment @Chronickyle

22 Likes

That’s what I was going to do until I decided to follow the DIY thread and build up my own from bridgelux strips. 240w of high quality light for about $180 US. Thinking of using the left over aluminum from the frame and making a small 2 or 3 11" strip light to expand our other plants out.

6 Likes

Here’s my first grow with the simply piece of plywood and keyless fixtures with Led edison bulbs. They are looking decent imo.

20 Likes

Ya I like the lights a lot. I was letting him know the LED bulbs would be better than CFL’s.

Those look like some good buds!

3 Likes

Very cool. Thanks so much @Berserker7205! I’ll be on the lookout! :beers:

1 Like

An alternative is grabbing a pack of walmart led screw in bulbs. Higher wattage the better. Take pliers and pull the plastic frosted caps off. Its a lot more light to them than i thought. Like a lil circle qb. Get the 5-7 head adapter on amazon last i looked was like $13. I definately agree getting good lights is better but for a >$20 pack of screw ins they will grow plants and flower them. Pop the frosted caps use warm white(yellow)3500k or so.

6 Likes