Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 1 (Closed)

This guy was from Cali he sent me pics of probably 100+ quart bags of different strains I think he was legit and definitely a pollen chucker almost everything was a pineapple kush cross which is cool by me I got about 100 -120 seeds for 90 bucks so worse case scenario I spent 90 bucks on crap…also known as a week of Amazon

4 Likes

That sounds like something I would like to try, do you still have any seeds left mate?

Cheers!

Gang. I’m looking for some seeds. I dont know my strains but would love to find something strong, healthy, does good outdoors, and has killer colors to the flowers.

1 Like

A strain that does good outside would greatly vary based upon your elevation, latitude and climate at your location…

4 Likes

Your right. I’m in MN. I’m still learning on what traits I need. I did some CBDs this year and the cool temps and freezing came a bit too early than the plants wanted. So a shorter cycle plants is preferred. I already have some auto flower seeds I will try. Will be starting indoors un Fed and putting them out in June.

3 Likes

You should head over to this thread

3 Likes

Id love to try brother. We get cold snaps here. Even jjst a few would be xool. Iill alway send somefhing back. Have a good one.
-J

Yes I do… there is plenty

1 Like

Hey @Trich_house i’ d be interested in some of those seeds too. Let me know when u plan on sending and of course I’ll pay the shipping. Thanks man!

@TheShowMeHomie send tracking info.

3 Likes

Yeah let me look for it it should have arrived considering that @colonoscopy got his and he is in Europe they shipped same day

2 Likes

Do you still have the purple punchX afkansastan? I’ll take those if they’re still available?

sorry bud they were claimed in 10 mins

5 Likes

Just have one question… what’s a “pollen chucker?”

3 Likes

A cannabis plant breeder who grows out male plants to collect the pollen to “chuck” or dust the females with to create seeds :v:

2 Likes

The way I understand it, a breeder is one who is more or less educated in breeding practices and techniques, who applies that knowledge in a systematic way to progressively breed plants with specific traits. Breeders often have an interest in selling their seeds for profit.

A chucker, on the other hand, simply chucks pollen to make seeds - and hopes for the best. Chuckers typically make seeds for themselves and/or give away to others.

Many here on OG are somewhere in the huge gray area in between.

Then there are chuckers who pose as breeders. Nuf said.

20 Likes

Pollen chucker is a derogatory term used by seed sellers to describe other breeders to make their own stock seem like it is worth more and everybody else’s worth less.

23 Likes

For me the difference between a chucker and breeder lies in testing and size of seed stock chosen from. Not to say that you can’t get lucky and find a keeper in 10 seeds. Yet it’s a numbers game more then anything. Also it drives me nuts that breeders don’t post pics of their male breeders. That’s half the equation in the offspring. The few I do see are rarely impressive.

14 Likes

It also drives me nuts when they want several hundred dollars with out pics or even details as to what it is the breeding stock

If you breed it I wanna see the parents , know as deep of a family lineage as possible, growth characteristics, pest problems, pics of both flowering and dried flowers , a flowering time that’s at least within a couple weeks not 7-11 weeks , smells , tastes , effects and expected yield size

I understand that some of these things are variable but some places just pop a name and a price tag on it and call it good

13 Likes

@Skiball speaking of unseen males Green point has 40% off using promo oldmanGu

5 Likes