Gato’s Grow Log

Hello all OGers that happen to stumble onto my grow log, it’s my first time trying a grow log and growing so tips and advice is always appreciated.

For my first run I had some testers from @Ottafish that I decided to pop.

I had started the germination on Sun 4/7/2024 for 1 Nana Glue x Sugar Belts and 2 Tropical Fuel x Sugar Belts.

I’ll be posting more as I continue my journey, any tips on posting or growing is appreciated, thanks for reading.

23 Likes

Out of likes but definitely pulling up a chair for your grow! Look forward to updates. Happy growing🍻

5 Likes

Welcome Gato, just 3 seeds? icon_e_surprised|nullxnull I always put some more than needed to cover loses and males … beer3|nullxnull

9 Likes

I’m working with little space so I can’t have more than 3 I’m afraid. I wish I could’ve popped all my seeds lol.

8 Likes

I mostly lose them while germinating or in the first weeks, not much space needed :sweat_smile:, good luck, I will follow your progress … popcorn

4 Likes

Good luck with it! I hope they are all winners :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah I know they don’t take up much space to begin with but if I manage to get all three to germinate I’ll be happy. Also won’t know what to do with 3 females if I do get them to pop lol

4 Likes

keeping the log was the hardest part for me. i started off good but then just stopped taking pictures and posting them. making yourself post regular updates, like every three days or something, is one way to overcome that.

3 Likes

Yeah I can see that happening for myself as well, thanks for that a post every 3rd day is probably what I’m going to do

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers: for the pop! I’ll hang around. Sound like some nice crosses.

2 Likes

I’ll try my best to follow! New here lol

2 Likes

Welcome @Gato and good luck with this first grow! Hoping your seeds all germinate :v: :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Welcome to OG @Gato , I’ll be following along.

1 Like

Woke up today with 3 popped seeds!

(Forgot to take a pic of the third one)

I’m going to be putting them in solo cups with FoxFarms Ocean Forest for soil, and I’m going to mix it with Gaia Green’s 444 and 284 and worm castings. (Well the 284 and worm castings are on the way should be here either tomorrow or Saturday) I’m going to mix it in the top soil when they do arrive.

6 Likes

I’m charmed because one of my favorite childhood cats was white like your profile pic kitty, and we named her blanca :slight_smile:

2 Likes

His name is Gato lol. I couldn’t come up with a name and he was a rescue so I just said why not cat in Spanish :joy:

2 Likes

I’m doing a super budget setup so please don’t judge it’s not much but it’s mine :slight_smile:

I potted them in the soil mix, hopefully I get a female in the three (I wrote the names on the cups) the “tent” isn’t done yet I still need to make one more side and shove it in my tight closet. But for right now they should be fine, I’m going to finish it either tonight when I get home from work or tomorrow morning.

4 Likes

Looking good! I’ve got a couple lights that look similar, and they had to be a lot closer to my plants to make it bright enough. If your seedlings stretch, just lower it down. The (free) Photone app for phones can be a good option for getting an idea of your PPFD. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, downloading the app now! Also I’m going to be lowering the light when I get home from work!

1 Like

Many people says that FoxFarms Ocean Forest is too hot for seedlings :herb:, I would wait for them to have some true leaves before adding anything to the soil.

Regarding food it’s always better to be in a low profile as an excess can bring nutrient burn or lockout entripao|nullxnull, following along … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes