GC flowers Cap Junky and Chem 91

What a story @GCBudz! Following along for the ride on this one for sure :metal:t2:

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes

From clone to full blown! :herb::boom::fire::alien:
Inspirational story brother.
Nice setup and appreciate your work.
Grabbing a :chair::slightly_smiling_face::v:t3:

2 Likes

what a lovely story!

kindest regards

basil dashwood❤️

1 Like

I’m glad some enjoyed the story behind my interest in the 91. I was worried some might find it wordy and boring…

Ok so a little more detail in the gear. Tent is a Gorilla 3x3 being exhausted by a AC Infinity T6 inline through a filter. Lighting is 2x HLG 100Rspec and 2x 65w Autocobs. Plants sit in 4x 3.9 gallon Autopot containers, medium is growpito. Nutes are Megacrop 1 part.

I had some issue with the autopots earlier this year where the plants just were not liking what I was doing, so that last run was done handwatering. Hopefully I have a better handle on it.

Anyone else running autopots?

Tomorrow I start harvesting the 91 and CJ, tonight I just took a cola from each. These few colas were wet trimmed, will sit out a night or two then into brown lunch bags and into mini fridge. Once dry swap to jars. I did a few plants like this last year and really enjoyed the smoke… wanna confirm the appearance, smell and smoothness of that harvest is superior to my hang drying and jarring of the past. It does add on some time however.

Chem 91 on left, CJ on the right. 16 and 28 grams wet.

46 Likes

One of these days I’ll figure out how to quote a post here…

6 Likes

On a phone, just highlight what you want to quote, then press that “quote” button. It automatically starts a reply to the post you’re quoting, unless you’ve already started a message, in which case it adds the quote to that message.

8 Likes

Thank You @middleman very much appreciated.

6 Likes

Testing… 10 char

6 Likes

Looks like you figured it out.

It also looks like I was wrong about it replying to the post you’re quoting.

1 Like

Damn those both look beautiful :raised_hands:
Nice job on the grow :blush:

I also really enjoyed reading your intro.
I too have found a home here. I have more friends here then I do outside of here.

Love and wisdom is what I was seeking, and that is what I found here.

6 Likes

@DefNSmokn your gift arrived, went right to fridge. Just pulled it out to see if it was ok with this weather here. Nice and dry! So I separated it into two small vials for two applications. Thank You…

I found a few leaves with the tell tale spotting of mites. I pulled 3 leaves. Found a few eggs and a single mite on each. I felt like burning the fucking place down.

Instead I treated with Dr Zymes and contacted Johnny… I ordered the ingredients for the “one and done” mite control he journaled on this site. Just need to pick up Everclear tomorrow and mix it up.

If this doesn’t work I’ll be trying to save a few clones and try a new location. Or just give it up entirely.

25 Likes

You’ve got this! I’m told that stuff is awesome! Hope it rids you of your issues, keep up the great work!

7 Likes

Good news on the pollen!!!

Don’t let the mites get you down. Shit happens!

Good luck brother!

5 Likes

That mta one and done is good stuff. There’s ridiculous population of bugs this summer.

It’s a little warzone out there lol

2 Likes

I hear ya guys… it’s just disheartening after the shutdown and heavy cleaning I did over the early part of this year.

I do live with heavy wooded acreage that borders my property, and it’s been damn wet. Hoping like hell this new stuff works well.

I just up potted my two moms, trimmed up except the top 6" or so and removed weak branching. Their outside under gazeebo, tomorrow I’ll add tomato cages and let them flower outside.

10 Likes

Bro, first of all super cool thread! Second, don’t give up because of bugs! they don’t do shit if you keep 'em halfway controlled, but then again i never had spider mites (that’s what you got huh?)

i got rid of spider mites on a non-weed plant with sulfur spray then spinosad in rotation they hate that shit :joy: i feel like i can clean as much as i want, bugs will make their ways, making it uncomfortable for 'em is the best i can do

5 Likes

Thanks for stopping in SSF… I hate the lil bastards… I’ll eradicate them. Hit them with Dr Z again today.

Day 12 from flip, hoping the stretch is near done. Might have to eliminate the ratchet hangers for more light height. Other than a few bugs they look healthy.

22 Likes

Looking good man. One thing you could do to help keep pests out of your tent is build an air box from filters from Home Depot to suck air in from. This gives you positive pressure to make the air blow out from the inside. It’ll help keep stuff from getting in. I’ve heard good things about doctor zymes. Hopefully you get rid of those bastards. I’ve always wanted to get some good Chem genetics. How’s the taste? Which strain do you like best?

5 Likes

Mixing up the “one and done” concentrate tomorrow. What has me interested is the claim of contact killer with minimal applications, and the fact it can be used in flower.

Surely I won’t get absolutely every nook and cranny so I plan a 3 or 4 time process over the next two weeks. I want to be finished prior to pollinating a few branches obviously.

If your unfamiliar… check out @JohnnyPotseed thread here…

https://overgrow.com/t/mites-thrips-aphids-one-n-done-with-pics/11975552712083716438&HVTARGID

The Mrs offered to stop in the liquor store in NJ after she hit the farmers market for fruit and veggies. She said she felt weird buying “shine” at her age… I think I’ll keep her. :wink: The Everclear is not offered in PA, fortunately I live a mile from the river that separates us from NJ.

Laid out the ingredients for a pic, then promptly broke a beaker the first time I touched it. Murphy’s law right…

@Ottafish I’m a Chem fan obviously, and this is my first cookie strain. To this point while the cap junky is awful nice I don’t think it packs the punch that the Chemdog does. The CJ is the one I reach for daytime over the Chem. I need to score some Tropicanna Cherry for that all day slot… I hear good things for a non anxiety non racey sativa leaner. As a heart patient I don’t dig that at all.

Thanks for following…

20 Likes

I have some Tropical Fuel crosses which is basically Exotic Seeds breeding work with Tropicana Cookies, which is where Tropicana Cherry also was selected I believe. I’d love to trade some beans with ya if you’re up for it. I’m low on gas… strains haha

4 Likes