Getting back to my roots Octopot run finally on!

Tiny, your making it difficult, lol. The whole point of the Octopot is to be simple and easy, lol , set it up, forget it.

1 Like

Naw Iā€™m mr lazy when it comes to growing lol the mix is very similar to what I already use just on the website from time to time I read into and analyze things to much probably is all . Iv been tossing around the idea of these SIPS for awhile now and with me messing around with my wicking solo cups Iā€™m thinking that watering using capillarity concepts is probably the best way to go whether it be wicks or a packed cup of peat . Was looking at the earth box but for what they charge for them OCTOPOTS seem to be far superior to earth box ā€¦ on the other side of the coin I never realized a plant can put down a secondary (water root) never heard of this before I just thought that roots in still water would get bad over time . Thanks for your help! Appreciated!

Now the question any COLORADO PEEPS considering getting into this style of grow? Iā€™d probably consider doing a 1/2 of a six pack to get the biggest bang for the buck! Anyone interested?

Thatā€™s a beautiful bud shot BTW !

1 Like

YES, his grow of Sannies Sugar Punch, he is in Colorado too, be cool to make friends with him!

1 Like

Whereabouts if you donā€™t mind me asking?

1 Like

I will have to ask him. The Bud pic is so nice because he is a professional photographer .

2 Likes

@Tinytuttle

Colorado Springs, 80920

How about you???

1 Like

Just north or Fort Collins little town called Wellington itā€™s probably just 140 or so miles up the road of I-25

1 Like

Is he a member hear yet on OG?

1 Like

You might find this interesting, then. I have tried it, with a variety of plants, and it works extremely well.

4 Likes

No he is not, but I will ask him to join up when I can.

2 Likes

@Tinytuttle my friend you canā€™t go wrong no matter what type on soil you use

The sub cools soil mix is way too hot but free reading on the LOS itā€™s got everything you need

I am currently using pro mix in my Octopots but thatā€™s my choice
Take the plunge and go from a good grower to a great grower just by switching over
Peace

3 Likes

Thanks for your input as well @Papalag with my mixes I donā€™t go with high nitrogen inputs if any at all I usually use cover crops in my pots or planters with N fixers sometimes I forget though. Lol @Hashtree, @GMan, @argo945 would you ever consider getting into Octopots in any upcoming grows when in bulk their really reasonable just over 40$ apiece when 6 are purchased.

7 Likes

They look really cool. To big for my little grow cab.

2 Likes

They measure a tiny bit under 18" in diameter.

2 Likes

Thank you : 50state, HardRoc, Mongobongo, Howard Crane!! Appreciate all of yā€™all!!!
I have your backs too if time comes for that! Wanted to say thanks

Did not mean to leave out @toastyjakes , thank you too sir!!! From wantng to hang each other to being polite and becomng friends enough t trade and watch each others backā€¦IT WAS APPRECIATED BRoTHER!!!

5 Likes

I like the octopot but I am strictly rockwool at the moment my organic life got shut down by the war dapartmant something about buying a house so there wasent dirt floor bla blah blah

5 Likes

Not sure rockwool would work in an octopot, but who knows.
I am NEVER doing pots again, I learned I hate to water every damn day, I have enough of that in my Mom room, do not need it in the flower room too, lol!!

3 Likes

a buddy just gave me a big bag of RW croutons I still have about half the bag after my normal drive down 1-25 last night ha ha. They might work but I am actually loving the simplicity of a big ass res and top drip to 10% run off almost maintenance free as long as veg stays veg and flower stays flower.

4 Likes

LMAO!!! Typical stoner move! Good going, lol!

1 Like