Give Up The Funk

:thinking: That’s an easy way to “find” a good male… :sweat_smile: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet::bouquet:

:+1:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

All through the magic of Science!
Thanks for stopping in brother :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Some quick photos- all lights on, my apologies.

Group Flower:

It’s all Chemmy or Citrus or Haze goodness. I’m stoked stoked stoked with that room right now.

New Stuff and a clone or two:

“Mothers”

The weight of the male flowers has the I-95 flopping big time. Leaning all over the 2x2 but no pollen dropping yet. Some look close to bursting.
Pics when that happens
and I’ll get closeups on sensimilla flowers whenever I can manage to get my camera out and in there before lights on.

Have an excellent Sunday!
Stay hazed
Jake

12 Likes

Hey, @SourV I planted one of your fems tonight!

13 Likes

Nice nice! I’ll put sour velvet and love triangle pics up to see them separately asap

Then post the sv x lt I selected to keep.
50 / 50 of both strains in terps and structure.

They are veg now but still need time to bush out

8 Likes

Hey @SourV, welocome to Over Grow! :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

What are the parents of this strain you’ve made?..and welcome to OG, mang!

You have any pics of those girls since harvest?

5 Likes

Awesome can’t wait to see brother @SourV

@Tappy these are the only dry photos I have and unfortunately all the buds are gone now…

It was actually decently potent for something so purple. Would grow again for sure.

Stay hazed
Jake

15 Likes

Sour velvet is a cross of a BOG Sour Bubble x orange velvet bx subcool release years past. OV Bx is Orange Velvet x Jillybean

Love Triangle is a heavy Tk leaning pheno and is Triangle kush x Snow lotus by Bodhi that was reversed and hit to my Sour Velvet. The cross compliments each well.

Can’t wait to see what the pheno you get!

11 Likes

Purple buds aren’t not knkwn for being particularly potent huh? I was not aware of that.

3 Likes

Yeah historically purple weed is kinda “all show, no go”
This is changing though, maybe a few more years and it’ll go into the forgotten sentiment file with “all autos are low potency”

8 Likes

When I was a young grower, years ago, my best smoke came from a purple plant. It yielded squat, but had the best flavor, and good potency. I love the purple flavor, glad the potency is getting better. Thanks for the explanation.

Is the stigma on autos going away? It really hasn’t for me. :joy:. I know they’ve gotten alot better, but I’ve been leaving them to everyone else. My mother likes them because you can be vegging and flowering at the same time outdoors. She’s a lightweight anyhow :joy:

7 Likes

I find the younger growers are much more open to autos than old farts like me.
I guess they don’t have the ‘baggage’ of the early auto days.
The auto breeders have been making great strides improving their plants and autos certainly have earned their place.
There are so many different cool aspects of cannabis to explore.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Well said my friend. I think I’m good for now. :wink:

3 Likes

I-95 Reversal update:
Tonight i smacked a few pollen sacks and the heavenly golden dust came showering down.
So i decided to place a fan blowing the pollen directly onto the Chem91 and ICookie plants…

hoping to see some signs of pollination in the coming days. If I do, then Nevilles Haze will go into the spot next followed by me coming up with the easiest way to collect the remaining pollen crop.

Have a great hump day!

Stay hazed
Jake

11 Likes

Never heard that about purple strains. Generally, Ive tried to stay away from them or majorily purple strains because they make me extremely irritable. Now I want to conduct an experiment on myself. lol

3 Likes

I got some purple, some type of indica I’m sure. It would relax me to the point I would just eventually drift off. It was really good at relieving pain as well. I just got buds, wish I had a cut.

2 Likes

Howdy all

Tonight I chopped Illegal Smile #7

This might be a keeper, the OG Kush funk is unreal. Hopefully the ReVeg goes well from this starting stump:

Sensitive Plants Babies(&Gorgeous Stella):

19 Likes

Those buds look really nice and frosty. It appears you did a great job. I hope the reveg goes well.

I love old dogs. A couple years ago I lost Mary. She was 16 and around for some of my first grows. That’s how she got her name :grin: (Mary-Jane)

7 Likes

Hey thanks for the kindness @Badger
I love old dogs too :upside_down_face: puppies are fun and all but Old Dogs know what being a good dog is all about.

This morning I had a few minutes to trim the Gelato OG. I trimmed 2oz worth and threw a nice pile of lower buds into the trim bin

Nice stuff, sample puff was plenty potent.

17 Likes