Plant characteristics and grow notes

Organic Dirt grow of:

Doctor Seedsman CBD 30:1 feminized photoperiod. Also known as ā€œCBD Asiaā€

• 80% Sativa

• 20% CBD

• 56 to 63 days to flower

• 20% CBD (4 lab tests avail. on-line)

Plant characteristics

• short and squat. Giant fan leaves (for height of plant)

• medium feeder

• Crystal buildup starts slowly but is massive in last couple weeks before harvest.

Warnings

• No HST tolerance at all. FIM & LST are ok

• Sensitive to mould

• watch for herms along stem

• a little water everyday

Forget about Manifold and Mainlining or any other HS training techniques. Pinch to desired height ā€“ 8 inches.

Plant doesnā€™t like lower RH - gets grumpy below 25%

So basically it doesnā€™t like it dry but it is prone to mould and does not like drought either.

These plants can be somewhat tricky to grow - not for beginners. The plants grow well within a set of controlled perimeters: relative humidity, temperature and watering. Iā€™ll bet they would be great in any sort of hydro or octopot setup.

Two phenos (so far) Silver Dancer and Mirkwood

Silver Dancer

• largest inter-nodal spacing

• lighter green, narrower leaves

• milder scent

Mirkwood

• shortest inter-nodal spacing

• darker green, wider fan leaves

• dankest

Grow instructions

The plant starts off all stocky & indica-like with big fans - I mean leaves so Big-Assed wide and long that you could use them for rappers and roll a Chong sized spliff or cannagar with them. The plants all grow similarly to each other.

Start removing the main stem fan leaves as soon as reasonable and open up the interior as soon asā€¦

When 8ā€ short of the height you want FIM or top the apical.

Do not let them dry out, not even late flower.

You need air movement, especially if your RH is getting high.

Keep an eye out for herms, especially on the main stem.

Gently train branches into position for an even canopy. (No supercropping etc)

To my mind, this plant was developed for a commercial grow environment where it would receive the attention it needs. It will work well in a home-grow so long as the grower knows the plant requirements.

Iā€™ll post the dry yields and smoke report once cured.

19 Likes

Wicked write-up I wish I could see something like this for every strain I wanted to grow. this one is for the catalog!

10 Likes

Well, thanks! I appreciate that.

I thought that might be a handy reference for folks. The seeds companies seldom give you guidelines or point out any weaknesses in thier catalogs. These plants surprised me a couple of times and I could see someone totally blowing a grow when, with a little info, could pull off and get a good crop. Hope it helps someone.

(edit) OK, JOTI is a notable exception, they actually do it right and tell you the plantā€™s limitations and preferences.

Cheers
G

13 Likes

Iā€™m so new that every varietal that enters my garden i scour the net looking for ā€œactualā€ info from grow logs and forums although i havenā€™t been to another forum since rejoining here. Your right this info could save someone a lot of heart ache!
Killer skills btw!

7 Likes

Minor update
Doc 2 came down May 21 & Doc 3 came down May 24.
Roughly <5% amber, 75 ~ 80% cloudy, 15 ~ 20% clear.

Though of the Day

This works great on a games machine and H/S internet connection, itā€™s crap on my laptop

Whoā€™s up for a fun trip down the ā€˜Bunny holeā€™??
Go prep your favorite herbal libation, get comfy and spark up.

Now check out Phylos Bioscience, a straight laced, slightly stodgey Weed Lab. They offer some mail-in testing that aimed at the commercial marketā€¦

Slide over to testing and then down to Phylos Galaxy and light 'er up!
wait it outā€¦ a lot of shit to loadā€¦ high bandwidth is betterā€¦

the short cut

Have fun and explore

Cheers
G

8 Likes

That sounds very interesting, I will bookmark it, for later viewing, cheers man.

5 Likes
Harvest

Doc 2 (Silver dancer) Weigh in:
53.5 grams dried bud

Doc 3 (SD) Weigh in:
68.9 grams dried bud

Doc 1 (Mirkwood):
70.0 grams dried bud

.64 Gram/Watt

Smoke Test

Mixed results here. I thought it was fairly mild with a slight waxy back-taste. My wife described it as awful ā€˜full stopā€™. That means Iā€™ll be using 95% and the magic butter machine to crank out CBD tincture

Effects   

Both sides of your tongue, from the eye tooth back. First a slight warming slowly changing to a slight numbness.

14 Likes

shh donā€™t let @anon32470837 hear you say that :laughing: Dope looking buds, nice harvest :v:

7 Likes

Well thanks 7! I thought they looked rather nice after drying too.

Iā€™ve done better with that blurple (just short of a gram/watt), but in a weird way, it is oddly fun to see how much I can squeeze out of the mediocre light.

Iā€™ll have it dialed in better the next time I grow this girl. :nerd_face:

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Great looking plants! Thatā€™s real talent there

6 Likes

Well thanks! I appreciate that.

I canā€™t take credit for those genetics, thatā€™s the magic. I just try not to kill them before they deliver. Next time I grow these Iā€™ll have them dialed in :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Hey @Gpaw Iā€™m curious when/why to start using a ā€œfungus gnatsā€ sticky pad! Iā€™m in Northern Ontario Canada and Iā€™m set up in my basement! I also keep things quite clean. However Iā€™m a fair believer in the old sayings ā€œitā€™s best to be preparedā€ & " Iā€™d much rather have it and NOT need it. Than NEED it and not have it" Iā€™m simply trying to be somewhat ready for anything. Tbh Iā€™ve never had an encounter with gnats and hopefully never have to!!!

4 Likes

Basements feel nice because they are cooled by the ground but itā€™s because they are cool, their RH shoots up in the summer. Keep an eye out down the road.

These will do ya!

(edit) duhā€¦ usually between 1st and second week of vegā€¦youā€™ll knowā€¦

Cheers
G

7 Likes

She sure is a purdy girl

1 Like

Man autos and cbd have really come a long way. Iā€™m getting ready to harvest 2 cheese 2:1 cbd and they grew like wild fire under 12hrs of light. Hard to imagine what they would have looked like under 20hrs of light and bigger than 1/2 gal containers that want to fall over from top weight lol

3 Likes

You are correct, the changes have been astonishing.
When you think about the perfect plant (whatever that means) that you would want for a medicine production system. The new autos are it. Simple to grow, nice structure, ā€˜easy peasyā€™. Easy enough most anyone can growā€¦ Autos are going to have a huge impact.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I wasnā€™t sure how they would do under 12hrs. Now I feel that I have to grow some under 18hrs to really see what they can do.

I think when I do try them Iā€™ll do about 10 plants in 1 gal containers

4 Likes

First auto grow I did 18Hr. I was happy, but I thought Iā€™d try 20Hr. the next time. That was noticeably better - but I think thatā€™s down to my so-so lights.
Iā€™ll bet under good lights 18 Hrs is the peak. I think it comes down to how many photons per day the plant can process. I have convinced myself that 5 Gal is probably too large, especially for a fast Auto. Iā€™m thinking max 3 Gal. I was blown away by what folks were doing in the solo cup contest. I started to re-think how many plants one grower could handle in a pheno hunt.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Well damnā€¦these poor girls grew in 1/2 gal pots with 12hrs of light. I have to see what these can do with more soil and light

9 Likes