Grizz718's Garden

What nutes is he using? My first grow I used fox farms nutes. Not really a big fan really strong and burned my plant a couple of times plus you have to flush every couple of weeks. I found out about jacks 321 and fell in love. Very easy to use and goes a long way. I can’t see myself using anything other than jacks

3 Likes

General Hydroponics flora trio. I have a suspicion that he won’t be able to keep it up that way for long. I think once they settle in he will have to dial it back a little bit.
I would use Jack’s as well if I was running soil. I really have more issues with soil then I do hydro. If it’s good soil I don’t really have problems tho.
Water is cheap. And the nutes are responsible. I do want to get away from the GH Maxi. It’s more work trying to keep my PH stable. I’m just glad I figured out why it dose what it dose. Makes it a little bit easier on my pride and plants. I couldn’t have done it without Overgrow. For sure.

1 Like

I use fox farms coco loco which is a mix it’s not pure coco and is to be treated like soil. The plants seem to like it so I’m sticking with it

2 Likes

I cut my FFOF with coco. Because it’s hot and I can stretch it farther. Soil is stupid expensive. Expecally in the mail.

1 Like

I get mine from a local nursery I pay 25 dollars for 2 cubic feet

1 Like

I would have to take soil on the bus. I’m not about to do that. Some one made a joke saying they could picture me sitting on the bus with a stack of FFOF on my lap and only seeing the top of my head.
Me being me it’s not hard to look at me and figure out what I’m doing. People always assume I’m up to no good. Can’t even go into a store with out being suspected of stealing. Lol.

A bird?! :joy: Not saying impossible, but unlikely. The whole point of trichomes is to deter animals, and it works for the most part. I’ve had deer clip my plants, but they weren’t flowering. I don’t know for sure though. I could see a bird perching on a branch and taking a deuce on em, but doubt they’d take a bud.

I agree, just ask. None of the rest of my family smokes, so I don’t have that issue. I just have to hide it from them. :pensive:

2 Likes

It’s funny because he knows I know he’s full of it. So now we work together on grows. So if he decides to pinch he’s hurting himself. But I will tell him I hope that Canna Bird don’t show up this year. :rofl:

1 Like

I lay a window screen on my scrog net it works very well, to good infact the screen dries stuff to fast. But still use it for small bud trimmings etc.

1 Like

How is it with smell? Does it keep the smell inside?

2 Likes

No it doesn’t keep the smell inside just dries more evenly

2 Likes

Good to know. They advertise you can put it in your closet and it wouldn’t smell things up, but that sounded too good to be true.

2 Likes

Just placed my order for one. I was just looking for a new one when I saw your post.
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

You will know which ones you sign up for. But I heard they throw in surprise seeds too.
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Day 37 of flower. The cookies and cream us starting to smell exactly like the bud it came from. Who said bag seeds aren’t good😂

8 Likes

Keep up the good work bro! Where are you at on EC/PPMs? I don’t see any burn at all. That’s something I need to work on myself.

1 Like

My ppm after I mix my nutes is anywhere from 1100 -1250 but my runoff was 1650 for the cookies 1530 for the big bubblegum and 2230 for the smaller one. I just take that down for my notes but I actually really just go by what the plants are telling me. I never measured ec mostly hydro growers use that

Those are some strong plants. I can’t go any higher then 1160 before I start running into issues.
Yeah I know we like the EC. I wasn’t sure what you used. Maybe you where a hydro grower on the low. Lol. It’s early.

1 Like

:joy: no I’m not a hydro grower but every plant is different and maybe they take in a lot more nutes in hydro. I’ve had problems in the past when I was using fox farms nutes. Fir some reason they seem to like the jacks 321 better plus it’s not as strong as fix farms. Maybe it could be the nutes you are using. U might need to switch to the jacks 321

1 Like

I have a nute line up my sleeve that I’m going to try. I made the switch from General Hydroponics Flora Trio to the GH Maxi Duo because the Micro in the 3 part was staining my roots. The Maxi is great if your in a pinch boy let me tell you. Those 2 bags are going to last me a VERY long time.

1 Like