Growing With Mr.Sparkle : 2021

Awesome, another seed day :smiley:
If you don’t find enough North Americans… let us EU peeps know. Wouldn’t mind. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Hey @Mr.Sparkle. things are looking great. You got me thinking about throwing another auto in my tent.
What type of system is that you got there? A drip system? Your area all ways looks so nice. Keep up the nic work sir.
It’s very kind of you to participate in the seed giveaway.

5 Likes

I would love to give em a try :+1:t4: :v:t4:

3 Likes

More that i didn’t have any international stamps on hand even though i could of used the various other ones to make up the postage amount.

@repins12 already gone for this week

@LilJonB its a small pump and dripper tube setup, there is a link in the top post to a more detailed post in an old thread about it.

10 Likes

Thanks, my friend. I thought that I was a little late to the game. I was passed out, had some issues with my right side this week, and had to go on some meds, after a several hour stint in the ER. Maybe next time, I’ll be on it. I hope that all is well with you and yours :+1:t4: :v:t4:

3 Likes

Monday update

Sprayed plants looking a little worse for wear also a bit of spotting on older leaves on the one PRxCD thats big in a big pot the longest though i presume its past damage from the pH crash.

Others are looking good, i need to consider maybe spraying one.

Right side also going well, one droopy PRxCD for whatever reason may be a little wet, also two transplanted C9D’s wont probably know which ones are autoflowers till the end of this week.

Third chamber just mass planted the C9D’s and will cut some of them down once i know which ones are the autos, back left pot is haggard looking as those didn’t pop out of there cells nicely and instead had their roots ripped which is unfortunate still planted them though.

22 Likes

So monday night i gave them a feed watering at would be considered a normal level if i was still running coco that being right about 1.4ec well they all crashed and went droopy the proceeding runoff was a high 2.2 and the pH was low in the high 4’s.

Got me thinking why they would of crashed with water leaving the plant or having more pressure in the root zone making them have less internal pressure “turgor pressure” and causing them to droop so bit of reading and thinking about osmotic processes lets just say that my feed watering of 1.4ec caused the water around the root zone to be more “solute” or have more salt in it and to try and equalize that difference between the root zone and within the plant itself it was forced to let go of some water in order to equalize things and lost internal pressure in the process and went droopy.

Or at least what i surmised, saying that and thinking on how having the root zone be either equal or less solute than within the plant would keep its internal pressure up and “happy” i gave them all a flush of half feed 0.7-0.8ec water and they have been perky since. Im currently less concerned with runoff pH as how im thinking is if i have high ec runoff compared to feed levels it’s pH is gonna be low regardless and if i can get it so feed is roughly equal to runoff than the pH will come back into control on its own and i may be getting false readings anyways as im not doing a slurry test with this promix.

So bit of knowledge gained in a mishap and figuring out that promix runs different and working that out is all just part of the process.

Anyways on to the plants

Left side moved the better looking PRxCD’s over just to easily compare and get them in a group and moved the remaining sprayed Darkspark to the other side.

Right side, some of the slower PRxCD’s doing there thing, with two Unknown auto or photo C9D’s in the back, and the remaining sprayed Darkspark in the front right which on a comment about that its also bleeding colors to the leaves and not really what im looking for though i may keep it till i get some pollen, saying that im gonna have to rethink and rerun a full darkspark run with some of the other mother plants seeds again later and probably change up the focus on what i want.

Will probably start up some lemon pies in the mean time though just to see what they have to offer as come two weeks i figure this side will probably be on the empty side some selections with the PRxCD’s and shuffles

Third chamber C9D’s growing ive been giving them very little attention and will continue to do so till i see any auto traits which is working fine for me atm.

25 Likes

Saturday, snowing here which is the first and quite late this year, probably will be swapping my tires later.

On to the plants.

Still getting issues just gonna trudge forward also need to setup the autowaters today gonna just run 1.0ec feed water at 7.0-7.5pH at first and see what happens i still expect its gonna be driven acidic, though my EC has been stable.

Also will make a batch of STS from the package @TerpSneeze sent me “thanks again” and will pick a PRxCD or two to spray probably one or two of the ones in the back row.

Right cab has some rougher PRxCD’s only difference compared to the left side is these were flushed and watered with 6.2-6.3 feed vs the other side which was mid 7’s or bit higher, the sprayed Darkspark went dry yesterday almost at the point i may just toss it, and the C9D’s back right smaller one is showing preflowers so that ones most likely an auto.

Third chamber these C9D’s are all doing well and have had the least amount of attendance “LITFA” , looking yesterday of all the C9D’s maybe 5 are autos, i need to wait a few more days just to be certain then i’ll start eliminating the non autos even though they are nice and healthy.

Also may of noticed the walls aren’t foil anymore… cardboard panels i used for this chamber kept popping off the walls which annoyed me enough i just ripped them out, whatever its the third chamber, just need to seal one or two edges now.

And seeing how its “Seed Saturday”

Three more packs of the C9D 1/4 auto’s offered up to those who want them just give a comment before let say 3pm PST so next 6.5hrs and i’ll randomly select from those who respond, still need to go out and get international stamps, so lets keep it in North America this week as well.

29 Likes

I won the give away last week so I’m not going to go trying to be greedy… Id just like to say that I hope one day I can take @Mr.Sparkle and @ReikoX inspiration and have my own day of the week! For now I’ll sit back with my old notebook and try to learn a thing or two from these very much OG type of members! Also the plants and space are looking great as always!

10 Likes

Once you spray the ones that show auto, will that make there seeds full auto or how does that work?

5 Likes

If i use the pollen from those that show being auto on the other plants that also show then their offspring will be full auto.

Thinking about it if i say use the auto pollen on one of the non autos of this generation depending on the non auto used 2/3rds of those plants would have 1/2 of there offspring be autos, with the remaining 1/3rd of those non autos producing offspring that none would be and you would have to go another generation to get it back to 1/4 auto, all cause the auto trait is recessive

13 Likes

I’ve always been interested in the process of making a plant into an auto flowering plant, in my head it seemed a lot more difficult than you explained. Very interesting what your doing. Doesn’t seem too difficult now that I read it either

Edit now I have an auto I need to reverse back to a photoperiod type. New project. Thanks man :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

yeah to go from photo to auto takes 3 gens, auto+photo= 100% photos next gen is offspring photo x offspring photo = 1/4 auto offspring, then of those offspring that show auto traits if crossed will be 100% auto.

going in reverse though just takes one gen to go photo, though if you further breed within the offspring, that auto trait will pop up eventually but also easy to avoid.

10 Likes

Pick me coach , I’m in lol .

3 Likes

Thank you! That’s not as bad as I figured would be. I’ll just get the finish product down for now. Then I’ll have to start playing around with pollen, sts and seeds.

4 Likes

@Chronickyle I think the hardest part would be to keep the traits from the photo and making it a auto. Just as long as you find the photo traits after the auto cross and keep in breeding until the auto is stable with the desirable traits from the photo. I would imagine do the same to make it photo.
I never done it myself. If I’m wrong let me know @Mr.Sparkle. Awesome work there by the way. I like the white walls better personally.

2 Likes

@LilJonB I actually want to go to backwards. I have a Auto, auto Maria 2 that I want to turn back into a photo type.

4 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle , I would love to give them a try. :v:t4:

3 Likes

Same concept but photo. @Mr.Sparkle says it’s easier to get to photo then auto. Just 2 generations in you should be good.

2 Likes

There looking so so i just need to leave them alone as im learning changes at least that i see are slower in peat based mixes vs say coco, removed the non auto C9D’s well one still remains, and re-potted and removed a few other plants, also started up some Lemon Pie Seeds that seem a bit sluggish on cracking and throwing tails. Also made up a batch of STS and have sprayed 3 plants, even though typical procedure is once a week, will probably hit them again wednesday just as some are already flowering, they look unaffected though in comparison to CS so that could be a good thing depending on if this works.

28 Likes