Growpito vs Mapito

If i’m posting this in the wrong subforum i apologize, i’m not finding much on these products here.

This past summer i swapped one tent to autopots, i’ll be ordering a second setup tomorrow. I also want to ditch the Roots Organic i’v been running as well. That’s where these two mediums come into play. No more 1 hour drives each way down 95 through the city just for medium, everything else can be delivered.

Anyone familiar with both and have input on which they prefer?

Plant growing medium soil base vegetables plants hydroponics Growpito nutrients and grow medium

Is there an actual difference? Seems both are available here in the US. Do you run either and have tips?

2 Likes

I´m following this as the local shop has mapito now…
@GCBudz

Alchimiaweb has a blog about how to use it. (alchimiaweb.com) have you seen it?

Also these might be of interest to you…:

Mapito " SIMPLY THE BEST " :heart_eyes: - Overgrow.com

Mapito Eb & Flood - HLG starfleet - Strain Judging - Overgrow.com

@ifish

4 Likes

@Kimes Thank You for those links… interesting.

You US and have found it local?

I’m leaning to Growpito simply because i have a friend i text with who runs this setup im going to. It would make sense to copy his methods since it works so well for him… and i have a great source for potential troubleshooting or advice.

Hopefully after the holiday we may get a few users to chime in.

Here’s a grow journal with Growpito chiming in on details.
Growpito - Growpito Technologies LLC - Welcome & Contact Information | The Autoflower Network

1 Like

Growpito and beneficials arrived, second autopot system on hand also.

Now in need of a new ph pen, I don’t have luck with bluelabs as I always forget to closely monitor the kci solution… and probes aren’t replaceable. And I don’t trust cheap…

I’ll be starting my first journal here at Overgrow around mid February.

3 Likes

It about that time… I preload and buffered 3 bags of the growpito.

Interesting process. Now let’s see if it’s stupid proof…

4 Likes

Hoping the learning curve won’t be too bad with this medium, iv got high hopes for it.

Here’s a Gorilla Glue #4 rumored to be a Josey Wales cut s1.

Hey @ShiskaberrySavior would you happen to have any advice on this Growpito and hand watering? I’m torn between top and bottom watering using a deeper tray. I have a few moms I’d like to keep healthy, they were recently transplanted.

4 Likes

Definitely bottom water don’t let them dry right out basically the same as you’d do for hydro ph 5.6 that’s about it.

2 Likes

Thank you… I’ll go ahead and put a dry layer on top to prevent any yucky green shit…

Thanks bro…

2 Likes

You may find some tips in Escobars thread, he has used both pito’s, and for a long time now.
The first time I read a thread, maybe 8-10 years ago now, from some Spanish growers maybe.
I found Sannies forum in 2008, so I think it would have been 2012 -2013ish time frame?
All Mapito back then however.
Good luck with your medium, I think it’s a great medium, from following Esco. I never used it myself.

1 Like

Yeah, i started reading Escobar’s thread for pointers, i need to get back to it.

1 Like

Iv started bottom feeding, few times now. They look great however I have to water often. I was expecting the growpito to hold water volume to keep feeding a smaller plant longer…

Then it dawned on me. In saucers the 2 gallon containers drain holes come up pretty much to the saucers limits. The drain holes weren’t fully submerged… following?

So the vacuum, or capillary action of the medium was being interrupted by the lack of water volume… kinda like pulling a hose partially out during a siphon.

I’m correct in my assumptions how this works? Makes sense to me but I’m no physicist…

Also, iirc the growpito really can’t be overwateted? So no real danger if I leave pots in saucers to get a good soak?.. they did get pretty dry.

1 Like

You have that correct can’t over water but they need to be flooded they soak up a pile of water as long as they can reach it. Deeper catch trays should solve that.

2 Likes

So I am a physicist… who knew. :wink:

Yeah, I’ll be grabbing a bucket that fits these containers better for this purpose. Now I don’t have to spill when trying to dump those flimsy saucers…

Thanks @ShiskaberrySavior

1 Like

When I used it I had them in flood tables . I’d flood the table give them a hr to soak and drain off the excess.

2 Likes

So, is “Mapito” just stonewool then? I’ve heard of it a long time ago, the name rings a bell. When I looked up I found a “Cutilene” brand “Mapito” described as being stonewool/rockwool with coco fibres.

2 Likes

That’s the brand I use : )
@Nitt

2 Likes