Hashtree Grows indoors

nah its just silver which is antibacterial by nature, just some people are strange and drink the stuff thinking its healthy then they become smurfs, obviously we don’t want to smoke it either, but handling it your fine.

4 Likes

I’d just eat all of that except the bottom middle hash. :smile:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I tend to agree. You get what you pay for is definitely the case with LED’s.

I’m getting back into indoor growing and did quite a bit of research into led designs while figuring out my lighting. My conclusion (for what it’s worth) is that if you’re not buying a wide spectrum design you shouldn’t expect optimal results. I opted to go HID until I save up the bucks to buy what I want. My wife would go absolutely friggin apes**t ballistic if I told her I wanted to spend a grand or more on a light.

Tip: get a new light. (Good luck with the wife.)

I have what is 275w left of a 405w blurple (board issue, can’t be fixed) I’d be happy to give away if anyone wants it. It’s about 5 years old and has seen “maybe” 1200 hours of use.

3 Likes

I’d get a cheap lux meter and take some measurements. Won’t give you PPFD but it’s not $300 either and it’ll do a good enough job to tell you what you need to know.

It will be most inaccurate when measuring between lights of different color spectra. But you can use it to help you calibrate a single fixture and just use relative measurements between grows to find the right distance to set your light above the canopy.

Also some strains may just be airy. Dense buds are not a trait that develops in hot, humid climates.

4 Likes

I’m planning to get a 100w quantum board in the fall. About $150, the wife will forgive me😉. Should be a good light for less than 2 sq ft.

@lefthandseeds, I have a lux meter app on my phone. Do you think a dedicated meter substantially better?

That’s a good tip. I’ll start taking a few measurements to add to my grow notes and see if I can find a sweet spot.

4 Likes

Lux meters on phones are nowhere near accurate and can be pretty far off, but they are handy for say like vs like comparisons but nothing much more than that.

As for the quantum boards I’ve been looking at them myself aswell thinking on picking up a 4set of the QB120’s aka 65w ones just to see how they are in place of my current setup.

5 Likes

Seeds are starting to fall out and I’m home for a few days so the autos are getting the chop. I thought I’d throw up some pictures of the plants and rootballs.

Dark devil

Red poison minus the top cola

I’m crazy about the beauty and the aroma of these, I can’t wait to grow these for bud! I’m going to do some outdoors in 3 gallon of soil and also throw my hat in the ring for the solo cup challenge just for fun!

I also popped some seeds for outdoor last night.
Another red poison and a sweet Skunk from sweet seeds,
Dark spark and the fuzz from @Mr.Sparkle, jungle spice #6 from @lefthandseeds, and finally a sunshine daydream from @Sebring. I still have a dragon blood Hashplant and a ducksfoot going as well. They are ready to go outside if it ever stops storming and freezing.

16 Likes

The girls are still drying but the reversed donor was dry enough to pull seeds before tossing it out.

I figured I’d post a pic of the the results for you @WMoon518 I’ve never run any S1 seeds before but I feel like it was worth it to self pollenate and finish this auto. I think about 80% are fully developed

18 Likes

Thanks. I am going to give it a try. My main concern with keeping them growing longer was the threat of hermies. Nice to see that it does work. Though, some of the 20% actually don’t look that bad.

2 Likes

I don’t think you have any more risk of hermie seeds by running long. I think that myth was started and true with fems created by Rodelization which relies on that hermaphrodite trait to reverse the sex.
Yeah I think several of those would pop. I might return those to the wild someplace :grinning:

2 Likes

I think there is some increased likelihood of flowers showing intersex traits if you’re running plants longer, but usually very little chance of producing viable seeds unless you’re going to keep growing for several weeks after the stamen appear.

2 Likes

But your not genetically going to get more hermi seeds by running late right? I was just trying to put @WMoon518 at ease about creating S1 seeds from a reversed auto fem. That and I’m learning myself.

Also in labeling these I want to learn to use the correct terminology. The selfed seeds would be S1 right?

I’m calling the red poison reversed x red poison a F2. Is there a better term? I mean technically unless a pack is labeled F1 they are probably not. Especially with autos, I would assume they are at least F3-F4 before I get them.
I think this would apply to most F2s. Most breeders would take seeds out a few generations before releasing them right?

The red poison reversed x dark devil is just that until I do more work with them and rename them.

Thanks, I learn a lot from you guys! I listen to breeders on the pot cast podcast and they all talk about the loss of the grow / breeder forum and I’m like come back to overgrow! It’s back and it’s still awesome!

2 Likes

How would we even be able to tell if the reversed plant was a hermie? Not to mention a seeded plant is less likely to hermie, it is already seeded. Late hermie is a survival trait to pollinate at the last minute.

That’s the common nomenclature used in the cannabis community. I’m not sure if there is botanically correct term, but this works for OG.

Yes, I would also call this an F2. Technically it’s probably higher, but for your work and purposes call it an F2.

Actually few breeders work lines passed F1. Delicious I believe claims 3 generations on these (F3s).

Yep, this would be an F1. They should be pretty uniform and have hybrid vigor. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Also I plan to test some of these out and do some sort of giveaway of some of these seeds.
But I want to reiterate offers I’ve made before to all members that have been so kind to gift me seeds or pollen, done preservation runs, donated seeds or been a distributor. I’d love to pay you back before I pay it forward. If your one one of those people, I’m inviting you to PM me and I’d be happy to send you some of these!

10 Likes

I almost forgot to take and post pictures of the buds as I was so focused on seeds. I managed to take one of each.

Red poison

Dark devil

19 Likes

Thanks @ReikoX!

If anyone has the time I’m thinking ahead now.

If I grow out these f2 seeds and pollinate them with the original pollen from the donor, it that a backcross, bx1?
And that would restore some of the uniformity of the shared traits right?

Same for the red poison x dark devil to the original red poison pollen, still a backcross?

Finally is there anything wrong with using these auto fem seeds from a reversed female for future breeding projects? I hear people don’t like to breed with fems.

I’d like to learn and do more selective breeding in the future. Part of my initial attraction to these seeds are the recessive but obvious traits like auto flower and color that would be easy for me to identify in my experiments. I didn’t know I was going to be treated with a beauty, a smell, and a high that really resonates with me as well.

2 Likes

Yep

Yes, but could lose some hybrid vigor.

I use fem autos to breed more fem autos all the time. I wouldn’t sweat it.

6 Likes

Been busy with work but I’ll sneak in some photos

Most of those will be going outside soon. Indoor this summer will be a couple autos for the solo cup challenge. I tried to sprout some of the seeds I just made but they haven’t sprouted? Oh well at least I have a da green from @Mr.Sparkle and a amnesia auto that are coming up! I guess I need to put them under the light.

14 Likes

Unfortunately the dragon blood Hashplant from @MomOnTheRun was a male and due to plant count it’s gotta go.

I will definitely be trying this one again, it has been a pleasure to grow.

The sap is so dark red it’s almost black

21 Likes

Wow, that’s crazy! Too bad it wasn’t female :frowning2:

18 Likes