Hello overgrow!

Never thought of this and I’m not sure I’ve ever heard anyone say, but what do you regulate ph with in an organic garden?

1 Like

Yep no reason.

1 Like

Finally got my spider farmer 2x2 yesterday and this things pretty sweet. I’ve got the mystery beans in the tent, but it’s just for fun, I don’t plan on doing anything with them, unless they show me otherwise. In the meantime I’m still preparing for the auto run which will be popping off any day now🤘

8 Likes

The mystery seedlings, they are already starting to branch on the third node🤷 mabey I’ll just grow these for now. Lookin like some proper little indica dominant toughies.

5 Likes

Looks like a real sturdy tent. That’s sick.

Any ideas what your mystery beans may possibly be?

1 Like

I think it’s gushes, if it is they are bagseed from the dispo.

1 Like

The mystery beans end of week 2, starting to pick up the pace. I like what I’m seeing and have decided to stick it out with these two little beauties. They are very much like like each other, almost mirroring one another. Smells nice already as well. Been watering with de chlorinated tap water PH to 6.3

2 Likes

I also received my first purchase of brothers grimm seeds. I’m extremely hyped to be growing mr. Souls genetics after all that I have learned about him and his mission. I purchased the Cindy 99xx X Purple Urkle they are testers so there should be a good bit of variation. I will definitely be running these next!

4 Likes

Low stress training 20230416_103752

4 Likes

Mistakes were made from the start, nitrogen toxicity, from hot soil, an imbalance in soil PH causes leaves to exhibit signs of magnesium deficiency. I’m learning though, the color has picked up and growth has resumed at a decent rate.:ok_hand:

4 Likes

I would like to point out an observation, if you look at these pics there are two plants, but each one grew two leaves where there should be three at the second node. They are absolutely identical ? From seed? Strong genetic trait?

1 Like

Ur inputs
Fireplace ash will drive up alkalinity but is beneficial
Lime will drive up alkalinity
Sulphur with drive the acidity down
Coffee grounds will drive acidity down also beneficial
Peat moss can be as low as 5.0
Coir is neutral around 7
Lemon juice water can ph down
Baking soda water can ph up but not a fan cuz it fucks with microbes

Just comes down to a nice BALANCED mix of inputs and u should never have to ph test

But if ur a dumbass like me on my first grow u throw entire 5 lb bags of stuff in about 50 gallons of soil and try to grow in around 5.2, that shit don’t work

If u set it up right and keep it simple then it typically will keep itself buffered in the right range but def gotta know what ur putting in and it’s affect like don’t be throwing in a bunch of lime if ur not using peat and using coir instead

1 Like

At first I was thinking hit it with the epsom salt, but I realized as I said before the soil I started them in was to hot, compost manure mix, great stuff later on but not for starting seeds. I know I’m dumb, the soil I have them in now is good but they are still sinking in. The mix is pro mix with some all purpose dr earth mixed in. Just adding de chlorinated tap water I’m not even checking the ph now, but it was coming in decent

Pro mix is mostly peat, I usually don’t comment on it cuz I cringe when I hear someone running it but also seen good stuff come from it.
I’m working peat out of my gardens and any new stuff I build is gonna be coir based instead of peat. The hydrophobic properties of it drive me insane on waterings and feedings using compost teas and over it with the waste and mess

Have u noticed on any of your waterings how the water just beads on top and takes a while to soak in, using fabric pots it just leaks out the sides? That’s peat for ya, coir instantly soaks the water and can hold 8 times it’s weight in water so better water retention AND absorption, then the added bonus of neutral pH and ur compost in the soil mix should put ya in the sweet spot for ph without having to throw a bunch of lime at it

I’ve honestly never had to use a separate soil for seedlings, scoop right from the same crate I keep it all in

1 Like

So the pot u have em in right now is just their starter salad, wanna give em some meat and potatoes on the up pot then check out this recipe and treat ur promix like 100% peat in the 25% u would use , couple bags of compost which sounds like u also already have, bag of perlite and sounds like ur already using Dr earth and have that on hand :ok_hand:

You def in the right direction and this mix I’ve had nothing but excellent results, I also tickle my soil with microbes doing compost tea feedings that I’m also happy to share the recipes I like to use as a backbone if u feel like going down that rabbit hole too

1 Like

Never meant to go the route I’m going and mostly I’m just using what I have and seeing if I can make it work, maybe, maybe not, but they were were just supposed to be for fun anyway and if I loose, them or I get a shitty return of boof, I’ll never claim it as my first indoor run, because it’s just a warm up for my first indoor grow, unless it’s bomb af them I’ll claim that shit😂

1 Like

Thanks for the input and the advice

1 Like

Hey man,I was wondering about sugars in compost teas. The thing is, if all that is needed is sugar for the microbes, than can you imput different types of sugars? If I were to say, add an blended apple, or some other type of fruit would that be adequate? Also, I have a beautiful compost, but it contains a bit of horse manure, would that work, or would I need to loose the manure?

Blackstrap Molasses is usually the go to and personally use it myself. There’s a difference between a glucose and a sucrose and why I wouldn’t rely completely on fruit sugars. Horse manure is great though as long as it’s composted first without all the ammonia, the more different kinds of manures u can introduce to ur soil the more diversity ur gonna have with ur microbes
bc26e4a8bf2f2f93fbed02a122eb3f2d1105045e_2_375x500 f2b6f38fefef7914c30b895b300faf18eb273a45_2_375x500 e95ed026b663bd75bb25341e3db47978d98c93a5_2_375x500

Here’s the tea recipes I use to get an idea of the inputs I also use plus a few other tricks of my own, def a great back bone and plants always been healthy and wonderful smoke with em

3 Likes