Help Me Choose A Dad

Hey folks! I am planning my next run and decided to do all autos this time around. Going to make some auto seeds, with the thought of sharing some…

I am going to run one each of the following auto fems:

• Cheese (Canuk Seeds freebie)
  • Tangerine Dream (Barney’s Farm)
  • CBD Black Mamba (Blim Burn Seeds)

I am going to want at least one male for pollen, and I have the following auto regs available:

Assuming I get lucky enough to get a male, which of the 4 do you think would make the best (most complimentary) dad for the ladies?

I’m leaning towards one of the Ultraviolets, because they’ve got Lavender in their lineage, but other than that I am open to suggestions.

8 Likes

Lowryder x ultraviolet#2 as the smell is stunning. It’s a fruit smell so maybe cross it with the tangerine dream. :+1:

7 Likes

The CBD Black Mamba has Tangie lineage, so that might be a good match with the UV #2 as well. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m just going off my experience growing @ReikoX lowryder x ultraviolet #2 he sent me. The smell is unreal. It’s a sweet but rotten fruit smell. I think crossing it with another fruity strain would just enhance it even more.

4 Likes

That sounds good to me!

I’ll wait and see if anyone else chimes in, but I am thinking of germinating 1 each of the fems, and 4 of the LRxUV#2. That way I am very likely to get a male or 2 and I can cull what I don’t want.

5 Likes

Out of 10 seeds I got 50/50 so.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see what comes if this.

4 Likes

I threw the following in water about an hour ago:

Tangerine Dream auto fem, Cheese auto fem, Black Mamba CBD auto fem, 4 LowRyder x Ultraviolet #2 auto regs.

Cleaned out my tent, made some light and ventilation adjustments, bought some pre-mixed “super soil” earlier today.

I’ll start a new journal in the coming days.

6 Likes

:joy:

babydaddy memes!

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

:100:% agree. The orange with the cherry\berry would be amazing.

2 Likes

Cherry Berry Bomb…

1 Like

You should definitely see a couple males with that.

1 Like

Perfect!

The best one’s pollen will be manually applied to one branch of each female, including a female LRxUV#2 if I get one.

4 Likes

Things are going well. All the seeds popped and are well on their way.

I do have a quick question for @ReikoX though.

What is the likelihood that a stray, unknown bean got mixed into the LRxUV2 pile?

The reason I ask is easier to illustrate with photos. Here are the 4 siblings. Notice anything odd?

1 Like

Ignore the colour differences - that’s just white balance issues with my cell phone cam.

The one plant (second photo, right) has completely different shaped leaves compared to the other 3. This isn’t something I would expect to see in an F1 generation…

It’s possible there was a mixup, or it could just be a different genotype. The Lowryder had rounder leaves while the Ultraviolet had the pointer serrated leaves.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!

I’ll just apply LITFA for now and see how they all develop before making any decisions.

2 Likes

You betcha. I don’t see enough variation to warrant any concern at this point. Pretty sure we’ve all seen some funky runts in various grows…if these 4 were all different, THEN we could be wonderin’… :thinking: :family_man_woman_girls:

:v: :grin:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes