Help picking base nutes for Coco grow

Good to know . Multi-fert guys are running 5.8 -6.0 in veg & bloom 6.0 - 6.2 . Feeding that often it’s easier they claim to keep a stable rootzone ec/ph plus pulling all that oxygen in media . Hempy is it better to feed daily ( assuming 10-20% overflow ) than every couple of days . Seems flushing with fresh nute solution daily would help to keep things stable . Basically same deal as I’m sure each of their 4-6 feeds aren’t to 20% DTW every feed as IIRC the daily total might hit 20% overflow .

You don’t need to get significant, or any, runoff every time.

In mid bloom with big plants you’ll be watering daily or every other day. In veg or beginning/end of flower the plants don’t drink nearly as much.

I only water to runoff once a week or every two weeks to really “change out” the nutrient solution. Usually just enough to make the pot heavy again. Definitely soak it if I’m gonna leave for a day or two.

There’s a million ways to water, and it’ll depend on the size of your plants and humidity. I’ve grown very large 8oz plants in a 5gal hempy and it needed daily watering almost all throughout flower. More manageable 3-4 oz plants you can usually get away with every other day.

Depends too how light your media is. Pure perlite holds less water and needs more frequent irrigation but you can get some pretty big yields if you’re on top of it, but then again the point of the hempy is low maintenance, might as well set up a watering system if you need to water more than once a day.

So, long story short, it depends.

2 Likes

Oh yeah if it gets to be more than once a day it’s automation time for sure . Ironically when picking up gear I also bought everything needed for an auto top-fed DTW system as originally that was da plan . Then I discovered Hempys , simplicity less work , right up my alley . So if I can’t figure out one way I got backup . Understand many variables as temp / RH / light not to mention strain / genetics .

Dyna Gro is formulated for a neutral growing medium, I use it in soil with great results, no salt buildup and ph stable. They’ve got a feed schedule chart too.

1 Like